Emergency Prayer Request

Share your prayer requests here.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Same here.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Jeremy
Smile for the camera

Post by Jeremy »

Thanks for your prayers, everyone. My dad is still in the hospital, but should be discharged tomorrow. Apparently, he had one or more TIAs and one or more tiny strokes. His first symptoms were a blind area in his right eye which went away after a few minutes (TIA) and a couple dizzy spells, on Wednesday. His only additional stroke symptoms are a little bit of numbness in the left arm and face--so praise God it wasn't worse!

He's been to 3 different hospitals across the state in the last 5 days, but it's been very difficult trying to get care/tests done (and trying to get information!). They suspected a hole in the heart (relatives have had that), which may have caused TIA/stroke. (Blood clots in the leg [which he has at least one apparently] can break off and travel through a hole in the heart and into the brain.) They finally gave him an order (outpatient) for the test he needs to determine if he has a hole in the heart--but he won't be able to get the test done until at least Friday, probably. If that is the cause, then he may be able to get the hole closed up in order to prevent more strokes.

It's been a pretty stressful several days to say the least.

Jeremy
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, that does sound stressful! :( I'm glad that your dad will be able to leave the hospital soon - he's probably tired of all the tests! I'll keep praying.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

yep, continuing!
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

Dear Father,

I pray that you would hold this man in your arms, and that you would guide him through the remainder of this ordeal.
As he goes for his test I pray that You would be there. I pray that You would guide the doctors and nurses and that the problem will easily be found.
After it is found, Lord, I ask that You would heal it. Amen.
Amen
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.