Really frustrated

and sick

Share your prayer requests here.
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Really frustrated

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Hey guys, I've been really sick with migraines - bad ones - for the past three weeks. I've missed a TON of class. On top of that, I got the flu and a cold last week. I"m feeling a little better but not much. I was hoping to be better today, but alas - no luck, as I woke up with a migraine again this morning. I am so very frustrated right now and would really appreciate prayer. I don't want to be sick anymore, and I want to be able to work though this pain to live a normal life.

Thanks guys. :hug:
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Praying for you. :hug:
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

Praying, JF. :hug:
Raskolnikov
Still standing tall

Post by Raskolnikov »

I'll pray. :)

Not to be intrusive or anything, but have you gone to see a doctor about it?
"Christ died to make men holy, let us die to make men free" -Battle Hymn of the Republic
"What we do in life, echos in eternity." -Maximus in Gladiator
>John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.<
How dare I call this love and not bear my cross to the end.
Abigail
Crazy lil blondie
Crazy lil blondie

Post by Abigail »

I shall be praying JF. :) I know how you feel, I have had some pretty bad headaches in my time too. :)
^She is back!! In all her glory!^ For real this time! ;)
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Raskolnikov wrote:I'll pray. :)

You aren't! \:D/

I have seen doctors in the past about my migraines, and I have medication to take for them. The main problem is we stil don't know what's causing them, so until we figure that out or some miracle happens, I'll just have to live with them. :(
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

Praying for you, too. :hug:
Not dead yet.
Raskolnikov
Still standing tall

Post by Raskolnikov »

JesusFreak777 wrote:
Raskolnikov wrote:I'll pray. :)

You aren't! \:D/

I have seen doctors in the past about my migraines, and I have medication to take for them. The main problem is we stil don't know what's causing them, so until we figure that out or some miracle happens, I'll just have to live with them. :(
That is frustrating. :( I hope you figure out what's causing the problem. I guess that's what we can pray for. :)
"Christ died to make men holy, let us die to make men free" -Battle Hymn of the Republic
"What we do in life, echos in eternity." -Maximus in Gladiator
>John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.<
How dare I call this love and not bear my cross to the end.
Jeremy
Smile for the camera

Post by Jeremy »

I'm praying, JF. I have occasional migraines, but not bad ones that last a long time like that. :(

Have you heard about recent discoveries that migraines can be caused by a hole in the heart (called a PFO)?

The following is from http://pfodoctor.org/pages/5/index.htm:
How could a PFO trigger migraine? It is thought that certain vasoactive substances in the body (those that are active on blood vessels) that are normally taken up by the lungs, could pass unfiltered via a PFO to the blood destined for the brain, triggering a migraine in susceptible individuals. By closing the PFO, it is though that these vasoactive substances are prevented from reaching the blood vessels in the head, removing a major migraine trigger.

[...]

Mount Sinai has been invited to participate in a large, randomized multicenter trial examining the effect of PFO closure on migraine headache. Details we will available soon for patients who would like to be considered for inclusion in this trial.

If you have migraine headaches and would like to be screened non-invasively for a PFO, please contact us. If you are found to have a PFO, you may be eligible to participate in an upcoming trial. Even if you do not wish to participate, knowing that you have a PFO may allow your headache doctor to better tailor your treatment. Certain medicines may be better at preventing migraine headaches in patients with PFO. To learn more about PFO screening click here.
I just discovered all this the other day looking up stuff for my dad's problem (mentioned on another thread).

Jeremy
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Jeremy wrote:I'm praying, JF. I have occasional migraines, but not bad ones that last a long time like that. :(

Have you heard about recent discoveries that migraines can be caused by a hole in the heart (called a PFO)?

The following is from http://pfodoctor.org/pages/5/index.htm:
How could a PFO trigger migraine? It is thought that certain vasoactive substances in the body (those that are active on blood vessels) that are normally taken up by the lungs, could pass unfiltered via a PFO to the blood destined for the brain, triggering a migraine in susceptible individuals. By closing the PFO, it is though that these vasoactive substances are prevented from reaching the blood vessels in the head, removing a major migraine trigger.

[...]

Mount Sinai has been invited to participate in a large, randomized multicenter trial examining the effect of PFO closure on migraine headache. Details we will available soon for patients who would like to be considered for inclusion in this trial.

If you have migraine headaches and would like to be screened non-invasively for a PFO, please contact us. If you are found to have a PFO, you may be eligible to participate in an upcoming trial. Even if you do not wish to participate, knowing that you have a PFO may allow your headache doctor to better tailor your treatment. Certain medicines may be better at preventing migraine headaches in patients with PFO. To learn more about PFO screening click here.
I just discovered all this the other day looking up stuff for my dad's problem (mentioned on another thread).

Jeremy
I don't usually have them last for that long either. :(

Thanks for the link! I do have a leaky valve or something like that in my heart - it isn't fatal and isn't harmful, but I"m not sure if it's the same thing. I'l llook into it though. Thanks!

Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

I'll be praying for you, JF. Get better soon!
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Nasri
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Nasri »

I am pray for you JF :pray:
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

praying now...
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)