Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

I will continue praying as well.
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

PJ, When I saw that, I started crying for you. I can't imagine what you're going thru. I'm definitely praying for you, and now I realize how much I've taken my mother for granted. :hug:
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

I'm so sorry, PJ. That must be incredibly hard.
I'll keep praying for you. Just remember that God is your strength through hard times like these. I'll also pray for your father.
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

PJ, I am so sorry.... You started your thread November of last year.. so I wasn't a member yet, and didn't know about your thread until just a few minutes ago. I didn't pay attention enough attention to this section of the ToO, and have now made a decision to visit the Church of Odyssey more often. I'll be praying for you, and your daddy. It must be horrible. I couldn't imagine losing my mama. It would be one of the worst things (if not THE worst thing) in the world.
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

I'm praying for you, I'm sure you've heard the hymn "In Christ Alone" - but, please read it...I've written it out below...it's very encouraging.

In Christ alone my hope is found;
He is my light, my strength, my song;
This cornerstone, this solid ground,
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
What heights of love, what depths of peace,
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease!
My comforter, my all in all—
Here in the love of Christ I stand.

In Christ alone, Who took on flesh,
Fullness of God in helpless babe!
This gift of love and righteousness,
Scorned by the ones He came to save.
Till on that cross as Jesus died,
The wrath of God was satisfied;
For ev'ry sin on Him was laid—
Here in the death of Christ I live.

There in the ground His body lay,
Light of the world by darkness slain;
Then bursting forth in glorious day,
Up from the grave He rose again!
And as He stands in victory,
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me;
For I am His and He is mine—
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.

No guilt in life, no fear in death—
This is the pow'r of Christ in me;
From life's first cry to final breath,
Jesus commands my destiny.
No pow'r of hell, no scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from His hand;
Till He returns or calls me home—
Here in the pow'r of Christ I'll stand.
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

I'm so sorry to hear of you loss, PJ. I will be praying for you and your family.
PJ
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: wandering in the desert, searching for my promised land

Post by PJ »

Thank you all so much for your prayers. We all appreciate them. I love "In Christ Alone". Thank you for posting it here.

My mom is free from pain and sorrow. She has no more burdens. She is completely at peace. She is in God's presence. She is with Jesus. In this I rejoice.

My mother was my best friend. She understood me, when no one else did and even when I didn't make sense. She was my rock. She was so strong in mind and faith. She fought against cancer so hard. She fought until she couldn't fight any longer. She never gave up, even though her body did. She still had her joy. Jesus flowed out of her. She was such a servant and testimony of God. She never quit encouraging others, even when she was in so much pain. She was and is such an encouragement to me. I love her so very much. I'm grateful for the time I had with her, though 22 years is not enough. I am so blessed to have had her for my mother. I miss her so much already. I don’t understand God’s plan, but I know He has one for me and I trust Him. I know and hold on to the fact that I will see her again and oh, what a day of rejoicing that will be!

My mom had most of her Celebration of Life service planned out for us, as well as a will and the final arrangements regarding her body. This was such a big help and truly a blessing.

Her service was beautiful. At first, we sang "My Jesus, I Love Thee", then one of our friends sang, "I Can Only Imagine". We had some memorials about what an encouragement and testimony of God she was. Then the pastor read a poem my dad wrote called "One of God's Newest Angels". We had a soloist sing "Amazing Grace". He sang it very well. We all sang "He Lives" which was her favorite song. It sounded so beautiful and very heartfelt. The pastor gave a message which was based off of the short reading my mom wanted read. For the closing song, "Feeling at Home in the Presence of Jesus" was played. I love that song. It really reminds me that she is in a better place and I will see her again.

A luncheon followed the service. It was such a blessed service.

It still hasn't fully hit me yet that she won't be on this earth with me for the rest of my life. I fear the day that it does.
Love is stronger than death.
violet flower
Peace and love to youse all!
Peace and love to youse all!

Post by violet flower »

Wow PJ you don't know me but I have been following this story for a long time. I just wanted to let you know that I am and will continue to pray for you and your family that God would give you peace. It's wonderful to know thats your mother is in a place of peace!
~VP
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

It sounds like the people who care about your mom had a chance to celebrate her life, as you said, and that's wonderful! :) I pray that God will be with you in the future days ahead!
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Such an amazing story of your mother's faith, as well as that of your whole family. It sounds like the service really was a celebration of the life that she had led. I'll continue to pray for you.
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

1 Peter 1:3-9

I shall keep you and your family in my prayers.