risskee
Tallying up

Post by risskee »

I'm Prayin for you and your mother!
Kate is Riss and Riss is Kate!
DrummerChick
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by DrummerChick »

I am praying for your Mom and your family. remember God wroks as he wills and through this some people may come to christ.
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

I'll be praying for you.
PJ
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: wandering in the desert, searching for my promised land

Post by PJ »

Thank you all.

My mom has had two more chemotherapy treatments. One was for 2 hours and the last one was for one. She has been nauseous and thrown up a few times, but overall it's been pretty good. We don't know if she has another one next week or not.

Again, thank you very much, it means so much to me. I also appreciate the encouraging words.
Love is stronger than death.
DrummerChick
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by DrummerChick »

I still have you and your family in my prayers PJ.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I am still :pray:
PJ
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by PJ »

Thank you. Image

My mom has an appointment at 11:30 AM tomorrow morning. Her first treatment was for six hours and this one will be too. This is called a "cycle". My dad is taking time off of work to take us to the cancer center. Please pray that everything would go well and that God will keep us safe on the road.
Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

I'll be praying.
PJ
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by PJ »

My mom isn't doing very well. She has a blood clot in her inner thigh. The doctor thinks the chemo hasn't been doing what he wanted it to, so it looks like radiation and chemo are going to be the next step. My mom doesn't want to do radiation. She's heard very scary stories about it, such as flesh burns. We'll know for sure this Friday. :cry: :mecry: :sniff: :mope: :surrender:
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Hey PJ, I'll be praying for your mom. I hope she can feel better, and that the blood clot will go away. It's scary when a blood clot forms. It has happened twice to my dad. I didn't understand at all when he entered the hospital twice because of it.

Also, about the radiation. Comfort your mom, tell her radiation isn't as bad as she may think. Not that I've gone through it, but I've also heard that it doesn't hurt, and a red spot where they do the radiation can appear, and be like a sunburn, but not as bad as all think. You can get sick by it, like chemotherapy, but it does destory the cancer cells too (and good cells, just like chemo. Okay, that sounds normal now...)

Unsure, and praying for you all,
Marisol
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

That must be so hard. :cry:

Dear God,

Dear God have mercy on this family. Father, spare them from this terrible disease.
Bring hope. Bring love. Bring peace. Lord, bless them so much. Heal them. I pray that not only the mother would be healed completely of this cancer, but that all the family will heal in their hearts and their souls. You can do this! Please, please heal them.
Amen.

I wish I could do more. :( God bless you so much, He will. He will bless you!
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
PJ
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by PJ »

Thank you for your prayers.

My mom has only eaten a bowl of cereal this morning. She doesn't want to eat anything. She's in so much pain. No one should have to feel such pain.

We're all scared. My dad is scared and he said it's making him question his faith. I already have a while back and I'm still trying to get back. I don't want that for him, though I'm almost sure it's inevitable. He's so upset. We talked very briefly tonight. He needs encouragement. It doesn't seem that my mom will live much longer, but we don't really know. God could still heal her on this earth, though it's not likely. This is so hard. Please continue praying for us.

:cry:
Last edited by PJ on Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

Oh Wow. I am definitely praying PJ... Image :hug:
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

I'll be praying, PJ.
Kat
slow thinking occurs
slow thinking occurs

Post by Kat »

PJ, my heart hurts for you right now. I can't imagine the pain that your whole family is going through. I'll most definitely be praying for you. And if you need someone to just talk to, I'm here.
*returns*
Jeremy
Smile for the camera

Post by Jeremy »

I'm praying PJ.

Jeremy
PJ
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by PJ »

Thank you for your prayers.

Mama went home to Jesus at 10:30 this morning. She is no longer in pain. She is no longer suffering. She has the ultimate peace. She is in God's presence. In this I rejoice.

Please continue praying.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Oh PJ! I am so sorry for you. I will keep praying for you and your family through this hard time.
You'll see her again.

1 Thessalonians 4:14-18

I'm sorry for you, PJ...
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

PJ, I'm so sorry. But you're right, she's so happy, she's laughing and talking with Jesus right now is paradise. You'll see her soon. I'll keep you and your family in prayer. God bless you.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'll be praying that your family will feel God's comfort during this difficult time, PJ. :)