Forest Fire

Endangering my house

Share your prayer requests here.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Forest Fire

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Tonight my parents called, and they asked me if they had to evacuate the house, what I would want. I immediately said Odyssey... and whatever photos I had. My books I'd forfet... cause, um, I have so many, I can't remember all that I even have..

But, at first, I didn't believe my dad. My sister didn't either. Then my mom said it was true in the background. Near my house, near Lee Falls, a forest fire started. By lightning. It apparently was pretty bad down there. My house is near Portland, Oregon. I'm in Walla Walla, Washington, with my sister, right now. I have started school. My sister goes back home tomorrow. She'll be back in about three weeks for college.

But, please, pray that they get the fire out and that my parents don't have to evacuate. It is close, but not yet close enough to say for eveyrone to leave. There are a few people around the area, no matter if the closet neighbor is half a mile. It's nice. But there are trees and lots of brush.

Thanks, Amor, Danielle.
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

Sorry to hear about that. I'll be praying. *nods*
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Thanks JIA.

Just to say, my dad called this morning and said the fire was under control. Not out, but under control. That's good....

Please also pray for my sister's safe trip back home. She leaves soon, and it's a long drive. 300 miles. Thanks everyone :)
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

Glad to hear that it's under control! I'll be praying for your sister!