Spastic Nerves

Share your prayer requests here.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Spastic Nerves

Post by Termite »

Yeah... not really. Well, whatever; let me explain.

Last year, one of the high-school team's coach was refereeing at CHAMP sports, where I play soccer.(football...) He watched me play goal keeper, and then invited me to practice with the team. It didn't work out then. It is now.
This week is the week of "try-outs", and in about an hour I'll be on the field warming up. Next week the practices start, twice a week, every week for... I don't know how long the season is.

Annnd... I'm freaked. I can barely type, and my handwriting was scrawling a minute ago when I was writing down definitions for my science...
Ok. Yeah, can you tell I'm nervous? :huh:

The point is, this team is really good... Last year, or two years ago, they were in the final for a big tournament... (or semi-finals... or something...). I haven't played in a while, and I don't want to mess up... Yeah... I'll stop now... :mad:
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

I_<3_Kaka wrote:Yeah... not really. Well, whatever; let me explain.

Last year, one of the high-school team's coach was refereeing at CHAMP sports, where I play soccer.(football...) He watched me play goal keeper, and then invited me to practice with the team. It didn't work out then. It is now.
This week is the week of "try-outs", and in about an hour I'll be on the field warming up. Next week the practices start, twice a week, every week for... I don't know how long the season is.

Annnd... I'm freaked. I can barely type, and my handwriting was scrawling a minute ago when I was writing down definitions for my science...
Ok. Yeah, can you tell I'm nervous? :huh:

The point is, this team is really good... Last year, or two years ago, they were in the final for a big tournament... (or semi-finals... or something...). I haven't played in a while, and I don't want to mess up... Yeah... I'll stop now... :mad:
I'll be praying for you. \:D/ You'll do great out there, don't worry. ;) And remember two things:

A) You belong to Jesus.
B) Nothing happens without faith.

Remember who said that? ;)
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Thanks... :hug:

Now I want to bawl my eyes out and/or kick myself in the rear... It was going decently until we did a bit too much running for my not-run-for-longer-than-two-minutes-straight-for-two-years legs and I cracked. I walked out. ](*,) Argh, I'm such an idiot... I can't believe I did that.

*sighs* I'm going back tomorrow. There's no way I'm quitting after this. I just sent the coach an e-mail apologizing and promising to go... so here we go... *imagines creeping to the crest of a big hill and tumbling down*
Last edited by Termite on Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

I_<3_Kaka wrote:Thanks... :hug:

Now I want to bawl my eyes out and/or kick myself in the rear... It was going decently until we did a bit too much running for my not-run-for-longer-than-two-minutes-straight-for-two-years legs and I cracked. I walked out. ](*,) Argh, I'm such an idiot... I can't believe I did that.

*sighs* I'm going back tomorrow. There's no way I'm quitting after this. I just sent the coach an e-mail apologizing and promising to go... so here we go... *imagines creeping to the Top stealing Whit's ham of a big hill and tumbling down*
Aw, it can't have been that bad. ;) Just remember that faith can move mountains. :) (Although personally I don't recommend it, since that's not in the rules.. :- )
But if God doesn't want you on the team, he's got a good reason for it, too.
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

Awww. I understand how nerve racking that can be... I'm sure you didn't do as bad as you thought. I prayed for you!
I do what I do.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

*coughs* I'm actually not playing on the team... just training.

Update:
I didn't go on Tuesday. Instead, I received the pleasure of emptying 1.5 tissue boxes... the really big rectangular ones. I used up nearly a whole box of decongestant tablets, and woke up with a swollen right eye Wednesday morning, and the skin underneath my nose was rubbed raw from all the tissues I used... I even had to use a plain chap-stick on it; it hurt so much. <_< I might have gone to play on Wed., but practice was cancelled since we got another two inches of snow. I was able to go out and eat some, for about one minute. \:D/

Then, after babysitting yesterday, my mom whisked me home, I got changed, and took me right back out to the fields, telling me that we were meeting at the tennis courts, so I had to wear my sneakers. Right. I ended up playing for the first 20 mintues in sneakers, taking horrible touches, and no being able to turn right. Oh well. At least I regained some of my dignity from how I played in goal without gloves... I only messed up twice, some shots went high, and a couple tucked away into the corners since I'm only used to playing in goals about 1-/17 feet wide, and a little less than 7 feet high. The professional ones are 8 by 25.

Aaand, today we did meet at the tennis courts, ran almost a mile on an up-and-down, left and right trail, then did aerobics... which consisted of 25 sit-ups, 10 or more regular push-ups, and then a lot of sprinting to Coach S, then back to the line, then on to Coach M, then go back the same way...

Then we jogged back again, and began working on the basketball courts with passing, volleying(--- tossed me the ball, and I instepped it back, and then repeated with the top of my foot), then trapping the ball with our thighs and chests, and volleying the dropping ball back. Then we did "suicides" with a ball, and after a small 5-v-5 scrimmage, in which I scored with my left foot...

...all with a pulled hamstring.

:xx: Wow. I even mentioned that my hamstring hurt to Coach M after we went down the trail the first time, but he just said, "OK, go over to the bathrooms, walk; jog if you can...(we got water from the fountain then did the aerobics...)

This week was not good for me at all... Oh well. I'll survive. At least I did everything basically right today, and with a sore muscle "to boot". Man, I was limping nearly the whole time... And it hurts going up/down stairs... had a guy staring at me at Wal-mart for about a minute until we left... (we (Aeva and I) had to get white shirts for a dinner tomorrow at church; we're serving, and the money goes to camp...

At least on Monday half the team (the older ones) won't be there as they have a basketball game... so maybe us little kids can bond more.

Yeah. This is gonna be fun... Please keep praying for me...

EDIT: I forgot one thing that brightened my day... as I walked into Superchurch (the pre-school was having parent/teacher conferences, and I was baby-sitting), the little two year old that I regularly watch goes, "An'zla! Dere she is!" and came running over to give me a hug...
Love you always, SnC
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Alright!! W00t! :D This has "God" written all over it! \:D/ Keep it up! :D =D> And we'll keep prayin'! O:)
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Weekly up-date:

This week was ok...
Monday: We jogged around a full-size field 15 times in about 18 minutes. Wow. (it's the size of a football field, yet about 20 yards wider) I tore the skin off the inside of each foot which was... painful... But Coach S doesn't scare me anymore.
Tuesday: It went well, but my hamstring was acting up again... Wednesday: I tried sprinting around the pool and backed out of practice.
Thursday: I wore my brace. Ended in third in one drill we did, and got "good hands!" from one of the coaches.
Friday: Was awesome. I got 5.41 seconds on a 30 yard dash (with my hamstring tugging...), and 10.63 on the 60. Not bad. Knock off about 10 seconds, and that's about how fast I am with a healthly muscle. I got a lot of practice in with goal keeping. Some really good saves, if I do say so myself. =P One double save - diving on the right side, sprinting 25 feet, and sliding to save the next shot on the left. Fun.

Oh, yesterday Coach M came over to the car to talk with my mom, and was asking if it was possible for me to start taking a couple of classes 'cause he wants me on the team. The only other goal keeper is about... 5'4. (Full-size net, 8(feet) high by 25 wide.)
...And yet, our financial situation isn't the best, as my dad fixes pools, and there aren't many pools to fix in winter. x_x And it costs so much, and there's a new family fee, then the soccer fee... *sighs*

I'm going to play. Coach M's parents own the school, and they decided I only have to take one class, with a less cost since it's almost to the next quarter.

I'm going to play. I could almost start bawling my eyes out right now. I'm going to be playing.

Edit - double post removed - Catspaw
Love you always, SnC
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Yay! I can't believe I missed this!! ](*,) (*cough*doublepost*cough*)
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Hee-hee. No problem. *coughIknowcough*

We won a tounament several weeks ago, and came in fourth out of eighteen last week. And we're ranked 12th in the state. \:D/

But I'm still having some difficulties. We play 11 v 11, and there are 13 of us. For the past three games, another keeper has been coming, and I've been playing on the field... *sighs* Coach said not to get comfortable playing on the field, but it sure seems like I should... #-o
Love you always, SnC