My Voice/Auditions

Share your prayer requests here.
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

My Voice/Auditions

Post by Over the Rainbow »

Hey everyone,

This is probably an extremely petty prayer request, but if you could ust keep me in your prayers, I'd be very thankful.

As you all most likely have gathered from my posts, my dream has been to be a sing, in addition to acting and dancing. However, last year, I worked for weeks in preperation for a State Fair Contest, in which I was to enter. However, I strained my voice, with too much practicing, in addition in spending most of my day preparing for a musical I was in, and also, being on both church choirs and preparing for my solo in a church drama. I had trouble talking for weeks and I could barely sing. When my voice did recover, I had trouble for months and months afterwards with hitting certain notes, that were once easy for me.

Finally, I took some lessons and joined our homeschool choir and slowly, I gained my ability to sing properly again. However, two weeks ago, I lost my voice again and my it was extremely raspy when I performed in our church play last Friday.
Next week are 'Wizard of Oz' auditions, and since I was five, it has been my dream to play Dorothy, I used to dress up as her and carry stuff animals in a basket and read the book over and over again. And I'd watch the movie and watch her dance steps and listen to her voice and imagine myself as her. This is my dream, to be in this play, and I'd die to be Dorothy. So if you guys could please remember me in your prayers, and pray that my voice recovers and I can hit the notes.

Thanks! :hug:

ily! <3
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

I will definitely pray for you. I know what it's like.

Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I'll be praying for you. I hope you do great and get that part.
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

I didn't get Dorothy. They said I was too tall.

I didn't make the play, because the only other roles they had were for short people, like Munchkins. :(