3year old in terrible accident

Share your prayer requests here.
Carrie Ingalls
An original

3year old in terrible accident

Post by Carrie Ingalls »

I need to ask for some prayers. A little three year old girl (Lindsey) that I have been taking care of (babysitting/nanny) since she was 3weeks old was in a terrible accident on Saturday. She fell from a second story window (probably hitting a roof on the way down) and landed on a brick walk way. It is a miracle that she is even alive, her jaw saved her life. It broke in 3 places and shattered part of it on impact. But, amazingly that is her most serious injury (praise). She was in surgery Sunday, they did a scan last night and all the pieces are back in place (praise) and there is still no swelling of the brain (praise). Her jaw is wired shut (but still very fragile). Lindsey if out of ICU and they expect she will be in the hospital a few more days.

Please be praying for Lindsey’s recovery and that she would continue to brighten people’s days

Also pray for her parents (they are not both Christians), they are really hurting right now. Pray for forgiveness and peace and strength.

Pray that God would use this time to bring people to him. Many people close to this family are not saved.

Thank you so much,
~Carrie
Last edited by Carrie Ingalls on Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the darkness, my thugs silently protect the girls from sketchy Bostonians
Thirteen is a prime number. I hate prime numbers. ~Trent DeWhite
OrigamiKid= Is seen working with square pieces of imported paper. ~Sarai
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I'll definitely pray for her.
Carrie Ingalls
An original

Post by Carrie Ingalls »

Update:

I went to see Lindsey this afternoon. She was still pretty talkative under the circumstances and she wanted to go play on her own, with out help walking (which she needs right now to make sure she doesn’t fall on the hard floors). She has a lot of swelling on the lower right side of her face and a bunch of stitches under/behind her chin. She was unplugged from all her IVs for quite a while this afternoon. But she needs to be eating now and eating well (not just sugary stuff) to aid her recovery.

She has a bit of a fever and risk of infection. They are also watching her blood counts, and she may need a transfusion. She is not on any pain meds (other than tylonol). They say it looks like Friday would be the earliest she would be out of the hospital.

Her parents still need a lot of prayers, I’ll leave it at that.

The rest of the kids (two brothers 9 and 7 and a sister 22months) need prayers too, the boys to come to terms with what happened and get used to how she looks now (today they saw her for the first time since the accident). For the sister who hasn’t seen her mom since Saturday morning, and has no idea what happened or where her sister is (she slept through the whole thing).

P.S. all the window have been child proofed (can’t open more than 3 inches on the bottom) and chemicals have been locked up high…ect

P.P.S. Lindsey likes to show everyone the cute little stuffed puppy she got from the Life Flight Helicopter she was taken to the hospital in.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

My prayers are with her and her family. Praise God for her recovery so far!
Carrie Ingalls
An original

Post by Carrie Ingalls »

Update Tuesday night:

I went to see Lindsey today and when I got there (around 12:30pm) they were in the process of checking her out of the hospital! The docs said she wouldn’t be out until Thursday or Friday, but she was doing so well (blood levels and fever improved) the docs said she could go home (praise). She was far more chipper today and lots more talkative. I went with Lindsey and her parents back to their house (it was natural, considering how much time I spend over there normally.) It was good for her to be in familiar surroundings and with the rest of her family (she also liked all the gifts people had sent to the house). The worst part of the whole afternoon was when she woke up from a short nap and her Tylenol had worn off and they didn’t have any liquid childrens Tylenol to give her (found some with a neighbor, but all that took time). She was just whimpering/crying (obviously in pain) and trying to talk, all I could do was hold her and try to comfort and calm her down so I could understand what she was saying.

Lindsey: continued recovery, spunk, minimal pain, protection from re-injury, good nutrition…ect.

Parents and family: that they would treat Lindsey as close to normal as possible and for everyone to settle into a good routine.