PLEASE READ: This Family Needs Prayer

Jonathan, not yet one year old, is no longer with them...

Share your prayer requests here.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
PLEASE READ: This Family Needs Prayer

Post by American Eagle »

Hello all,

I'm requesting prayer for something. A really close family on ours, who have become very close friends, had their seventh child awhile back, and he has had much health problems. Problems with protein in blood, fevers, and some others thing (I don't know everything).

A few month back, we were able to go to the Home Church where this family was too. During the time, all of the families there prayed for this boy, Jonathan, and anointed him with oil. It was the most awesome time. In the coming weeks, his health issues all went away! His levels were good, and the doctors didn't know how this was possible! (We all did, of course :D).

So why am I requesting prayer, you ask? Well, Jonathan died late Friday night. He is in Heaven now, and will never have another pain again. As a friend of mine said, "God has answered our prayers, he has healed Jonathan. And now he is safe in the arms of Jesus." I have no clue (at present) of the cause of death.

Believe me, if you knew the whole story, and some of the things his siblings have written about him, you would be brought to tears. If you would like links to read them, feel free to PM me, but I don't want to compromise "American Eagle" by posting links publicly. You'll be glad (and sad) you did.

I am asking prayer for his family. It is a horrible loss. They really need prayer, as they are trying to make funeral and burial arrangements. Jonathan was going to be 1-year-old on Wednesday.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I'm praying.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I will keep them in my prayers.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Eugene
Official Brainiac
Official Brainiac

Post by Eugene »

I am so sad that Jonathan died. I shall add his family and friends to my prayers. :pray:
Nasri
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Nasri »

I will be praying for them.Child bereavement is so painful

Check out my newspaper To0 Star
aiofan_19
Found

Post by aiofan_19 »

I will pray for Jonathan's family.
Wild Horses Can't Keep Me Away from the Town of Odyssey!
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

I will be for praying his family.

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Update:

Thank you all so much for your prayers! If you all only knew what it does. Jonathan is the greatest testimony of the power of prayer I have seen in my life- during his life and now after it. Please continue.

Jonathan's funeral is going to be tomorrow, which is also his 1st birthday. Lord willing, I will be able to go to it, and I don't know if I, and everyone else, will be able to handle it. This will be the most mournful funeral I've ever been to.

Please continue praying for everyone, especially the family. I'll give another update after the funeral, probably Wednesday night or Thursday.

Edit: Yesterday, I went to Jonathan's funeral. It was very sad, of course, but it wasn't a hopeless time. People were crying, but everyone knew he was in Heaven now. It was a great ceremony.

Afterwards we all went to the family's house and had a great time. Please continue to pray for the family as they attempt to adjust to life without Jonathan, and for the his Mother especially, who is expecting another child, and for the safety of the unborn baby.

Thank you all soooo much for your prayers for the family - I believe it has made a huge impact. God is amazing!

P.S. I wrote a long blog post on the day, but again, I don't want to give my blog link publicly. Feel free to request the link. :)

God bless,
American Eagle

Combined double post ~V-lady

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
orangie
OK

Post by orangie »

I wil pray for this family.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

orangie wrote:I wil pray for this family.
Thank you, orangie. :) I will say that they are doing much better! The unborn baby I mentioned above has been born and doing pretty well! (Read about that in this thread.) Thanks again for all the prayers! O:)