General Prayer Requests

Share your prayer requests here.
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

Praying for you, Woody and Sparrow.

EDIT: Update on my friend's dad - he's increasingly better; the tube was taken out of his chest earlier today and he was able to go home! Thank you so much for your prayers, I know they are really appreciated. :yes:
Last edited by Sunshine on Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

HEY GUYS. I've got a major decision coming up, so if you could pray for me that I'd have peace about what I'm supposed to do that would be great. \:D/
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

Praying, Termite!
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Praying for you, Termite, and glad to hear for your friend's dad, Sunshine!!
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

My dog is getting old. :mecry: In the past month, she has been starting to tremble/shake, sometimes quite badly. It comes and goes in little episodes here and there. Today she had a bad afternoon, with lots of tremors, and you could tell she didn't feel good. :( It made me quite teary, because it seems like she's just getting so old and won't be here much longer. I've had her for 14 years, and it's going to be tough. So...just pray for all that. Even if she is just a dog. :cry:
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Arkán Dreamwalker
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Arkán Dreamwalker »

My big black hairy dog Goliath died. Buried him in the backyard. I know how you feel. For the last of his life he pulled himself about on two legs. Spend some time sitting stroking her so... well, you know. I'll pray for all.
~ Walker in Dreams
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

That's tough, Laura! :( I'll be praying.

A friend of my dad's is having a surgery tomorrow. He's not in the best health already (his health has been going down these past few years), and they think he has a 50/50 chance of surviving. He's not concerned about whether he'll make it through the surgery as much as the weeks afterwards. It depends on whether his liver will do what it's suppose to after surgery. If he doesn't make it, he's not concerned about where he's going, but he will be leaving his wife behind right before Christmas. And my dad has been friends with him since, like, elementary. I guess just pray that God's will will be done, and for the peace of mind for those close to him.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Please, please, please pray for a friend... I just heard something that's made me sob. She and her family really need prayer.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

Termite wrote:Please, please, please pray for a friend... I just heard something that's made me sob. She and her family really need prayer.
:/ Praying, Termite!
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Praying for your friend, Termite, as well as you.

Sunshine, praying for your dad's friend and his family...sounds like a scary time.

Laura, that's so sad! :( Praying.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
the_newfie_haystack
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by the_newfie_haystack »

Went to visit my old church a week ago, and I came out of there feeling sick to my stomach. :( Lord, please drive out the wolf in sheep's clothing that is currently standing in the pulpit of my old church! Amen!
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." -- E. E. Cummings
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Okay, I feel kind of silly posting this actually, but I am. So the truth is, I lost my phone a couple of weeks ago. :anxious:

I was babysitting my younger sister and cousin, and I let them play with it (they absolutely love the Angry Birds app I have :P ) and went to go make some dinner. I think they played with it until the battery died, and then maybe carried it around until they set it down and forgot about it, because I've called it but it goes straight to voicemail....

Anyways, the reason it's important is because in a week I'm going somewhere for a conference/festival thing, and it would be kinda nice to have a phone that week.

This is probably the first time y'all have prayed for a phone , but I'd appreciate it :)
Metal15
Tallying up

Post by Metal15 »

praying JP.

I've got a prayer request as well. I'm studying up to take my GED. If you could pray that I would study well and then pass it, I'd appreciate it.

thanks!
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

I'll be praying that your phone will turn up soon, JP. It is a rather small thing, but God does want us to pray about/trust Him with everything. Thanks for posting here so that we can be praying. :)

I'll be praying for you as well, Metal. Hope it goes well! :yes:
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

I was a wee bit clumsy and fell into a wall at school on Wednesday. I broke my arm right above the elbow, at least the physician thinks I did. There was so much blood internally around the area that she couldn't tell for sure. Please pray that I have some good news when they do a follow-up in four weeks. Thanks, guys!
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

That sounds terrible Monty. Praying for you!
Loney 97
Not as new
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada, North America, Planet Earth, The Solar System as We Know It. . .

Post by Loney 97 »

Hey everyone, just popping in to ask for prayer for a girl I know on another site. She's going through a lot of stuff lately and would really appreciate your prayers.
Last edited by Loney 97 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thank you to my SS for the great sig!
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

How is your arm, Monty??

Will do, Loney:) God longs to hold us♥

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Samantha14
All That Is Sam.
All That Is Sam.

Post by Samantha14 »

I would appreciate some prayer as my dad has two surgeries coming up. Nothing too major, but I'm just a bit worried about the recovery. So, if you guys might keep my family in your prayers, I would be more than grateful. :)
merp.
Shtakji
Gold Member

Post by Shtakji »

Will be praying Shey!!
I hope everything goes well!

Double post fixed- G4Y
Ice~breathing dragon from the southlands.
Proud member of the #saneislame movement.