General Prayer Requests

Share your prayer requests here.
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

Jehoshaphat wrote:Pray for our country and our state representatives. Today MN became the 12th state to legalize gay marriage. Pray for us.
Oy. I'll be praying! :(

Speaking of gay marriage, we need to be praying for the Boy Scouts of America. Last I heard, they're going to decide sometime this month about whether they will allow gays into Boy Scouts. The probable outcome doesn't really look good. :(

@Laura: Thanks for the update on your grandma. Praying that physical therapy will help.

And I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. :( Definitely praying!
godisawesomeness99
Popsicle kid

Post by godisawesomeness99 »

so..... my two friends are in a fight, and they both say they don't want to be friends anymore. Apprentally, this has happened before, but I'm still worried about it. Prayer would be appreciated. Thanks!
Daniel- Seattle Pacific University '22
Music is how God speaks to me
I used to be here.... but now I'm probably not.... so yeah
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

Praying, Daniel.
godisawesomeness99
Popsicle kid

Post by godisawesomeness99 »

thanks sunny :D
Daniel- Seattle Pacific University '22
Music is how God speaks to me
I used to be here.... but now I'm probably not.... so yeah
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

HEY ALL. So this week is the first of four during which I will be coaching at soccer camps... please pray that all goes well, that we are able to minister to these tykes in the best way, and that those who don't will come to know Christ. Thanks! \:D/
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
radgeek
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by radgeek »

Sunshine wrote: Speaking of gay marriage, we need to be praying for the Boy Scouts of America. Last I heard, they're going to decide sometime this month about whether they will allow gays into Boy Scouts. The probable outcome doesn't really look good. :(
The Scouts have already come to there decision. Openly gay boys can be scouts, but gay men can't be in leadership. It's away of half giving in.
I have the best signature ever!

ToO mother of Merlin J. Marvin, iluvsns, ric, TKD, Alyssa, Garrett, ID4J and Monty and the other siblings that I've yet to find. ToO sister of Whitty Whit.

In the market for a Reformers Unanimous Signature Banner

Blitz: You Americans are lost. As missionaries, we generally hate stereotypes.
Jelly: Was this meant to be ironic? ;)
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

I_<3_Kaka wrote:HEY ALL. So this week is the first of four during which I will be coaching at soccer camps... please pray that all goes well, that we are able to minister to these tykes in the best way, and that those who don't will come to know Christ. Thanks! \:D/
Got it! Post stories when you can? ^.^

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
AshleyWhittaker
Tallying up

Post by AshleyWhittaker »

Hey guys! I have several prayer requests...
First off, my mum has a form of arthritis in both her knees and hands, so she has to stay either in bed or on the couch, which is extremely hard for her. We're going to try a new diet thing (cutting out wheat, gluten, dairy, etc) and see if that works. Please pray that it does!
Also, we're trying to sell our house, so pray that that goes well.
And to top it all off, I have a clicking jaw, which can get painful at times.
Thanks for reading :)
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

Praying, Ashley. :hug:
Arkán Dreamwalker
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Arkán Dreamwalker »

I received news today that one of my bike team members had an accident, hurt his spine, and had to be helicoptered out. The usual. Okay, thankfully that isn’t the usual, but when someone has one of these unusually serious crashes, this is the usual unusual. So naturally prayer for him (I haven’t heard which team member it was) would be appreciated. However, the doctors are not sure how he’ll be yet, there is a possibility that he will be paralyzed in the legs (pretty much the usual). I am therefore asking for extra prayer; if you could contact others to pray as well. I know these boys, biking is a whole lot to them. It’s about all they do (besides school) I mean, they surely do some other stuff, I’m sure they go to movies with friends for example, but they bike six days a week (you need to have one day off per week for maximum effect) even if they don’t feel like it, which they usually do. If one of them couldn’t bike anymore, that would be pretty hard on him. Even if he wasn’t going to go professional when he’s older, I’m sure he was going to keep biking for fun for many years to come.
Even a non-biker can imagine the effect of a biker being paralyzed in the legs. So since prayer is the most effective thing I know, I’m asking here for all I can get for him.
~ Walker in Dreams
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Praying for sure, Arkan. Do you know if they're saved?

Arkán Dreamwalker
Catspaw Rocks!

So it was Dante. And we don't know yet.
~ Walker in Dreams
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

Yikes! Praying, Arkán. Keep us updated, okay?
Arkán Dreamwalker
Catspaw Rocks!

So he lived, and he'll be fine. He broke his back and he had to have his spine welded a bit, (I think that's the right words) and of course it will take quite a while to recover, but he'll be able to live a normal life and everything. So he's good. Thank God. (Yes you up there! \:D/ ) So I'm just praying now that good will come from this. I don't think he's a Christian, so hopefully this will make him think about mortality and lead somewhere good.
~ Walker in Dreams
Samantha14
All That Is Sam.
All That Is Sam.

Post by Samantha14 »

That's good to hear, the poor guy. Hopefully, as you said, good will come from this. God always turns losses into victories. :)
merp.
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

Glad to hear he won't be permanently paralyzed. Praying for good healing, and for Holy Spirit to work in His heart.
Last edited by Sunshine on Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Thank God:) I'll continue to pray for his spiritual status!

Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

My great uncle is pretty old, and not in the best of health. My dad has known that for a while, but he called him the other day because he was going to be on a business trip in the area where my uncle lives and wanted to stop by and see him. His uncle freaked out, told him "I'm living alone, I can't even get out of my bed, and NO you may not come visit me. I forbid it" Long story short, my dad is going there anyways (he's en route right now) and he's going to show up and try to talk to him,

The pray request being that 1) His uncle lets him in and my dads able to talk with him, and 2) I'm almost certain he does not know the Lord. The end is probably pretty near, and it's really sad to see relatives die without knowing the Lord. He's a widower, he has no children and my dads basically it for him, family wise. The only hope we really have is that we sent him a CD of our family singing for Christmas, and on it we sang some christian songs like Jesus Loves Me, Amazing Grace, etc... He said he's been listening to it, but we really don't know his status with God.
radgeek
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by radgeek »

Will be praying.
I have the best signature ever!

ToO mother of Merlin J. Marvin, iluvsns, ric, TKD, Alyssa, Garrett, ID4J and Monty and the other siblings that I've yet to find. ToO sister of Whitty Whit.

In the market for a Reformers Unanimous Signature Banner

Blitz: You Americans are lost. As missionaries, we generally hate stereotypes.
Jelly: Was this meant to be ironic? ;)
Samantha14
All That Is Sam.
All That Is Sam.

Post by Samantha14 »

Definitely praying for you guys.

If you all could also pray for my family... Things are really rough right now. And our only work computer fried. I don't know what we're going to do, but I'm pretty stressed. ...We're all pretty stressed, actually. So, if you could just pray for peace and that things will work out, I'd more than appreciate it. :)
merp.