General Prayer Requests

Share your prayer requests here.
Liz_Horton
Animatronic

Post by Liz_Horton »

I have two days left at home (in Russia) before I fly to the US and start college. I'm starting to get nervous about both the trip and living on my own for the first time. Prayers for peace and wisdom are very much appreciated.
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

That sounds exciting, I'll be praying for you, what area in the US are you going to collage in?

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Liz_Horton
Animatronic

Post by Liz_Horton »

In the backwoods of Alabama... ok not in the backwoods, but I will be in Alabama. Thanks for the prayers! :D
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Have fun Lizzieronie! \:D/ I'll be praying!
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Wow, that's a huge distance! Why are you coming so far? I will pray!
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Liz_Horton
Animatronic

Post by Liz_Horton »

LOTR, I'm originally from Alabama.. but for the past 11 years I've been a missionary kid to Russia. So technically I'm just coming home, though it doesn't really feel like it. @ Everyone else, thanks for the prayers!! God definately had his protective hand over us this trip!!! :D
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Yay, so you're there! \:D/ Glad to here it!

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

So some really close friends of our family are leaving tomorrow to go to Europe for six weeks. They're going to visit family mostly (their dad was raised over there and so all of his family still lives there) and tour a little bit. Anyways they're not really looking forward to it, mostly because of what they're missing back home, but also their dads family isn't christian, and they're not open at all. I was talking to one of their older children and she said that it's just very dark over there, and they described it like they almost feel like they can't open their Bibles. So they've asked us to pray for them, and I could just tell last night, when we said goodbye to them, that they're nervous. I guess I have three main requests, one is to pray for safety in their travels, 2, that their relatives would see the light of Jesus shining in their family and open their hearts to him, and 3, that our friends won't get discouraged, being the only christians that they know of for 6 weeks, and that they'll enjoy their trip and their family. I'd really appreciate prayer for them and I know they will too
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Liz_Horton wrote:LOTR, I'm originally from Alabama.. but for the past 11 years I've been a missionary kid to Russia. So technically I'm just coming home, though it doesn't really feel like it. @ Everyone else, thanks for the prayers!! God definately had his protective hand over us this trip!!! :D
Oh, cool! Welcome back!

Jesus' Princess, I will be praying for them...that's a tough situation for sure :?

I have another request for my friends' mom...she was given a diagnosis by the doctor that they were definitely hoping against and it's really tough for all of them. Healing would be amazing, but if God has other plans, that they would have strength to get through this and that I would have strength and wisdom to help them out.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I will be praying for that family, Jesus' Princess. LOTR, I am also praying for you friend's mom.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Thanks, it is quite appreciated.

Graces4you
Love to love

Post by Graces4you »

I'll be praying for that family Jesus' Princess. I will pray for your friends mom and their family SoccorLOTR. Both of those things must be really hard.
I also have a prayer request, a young man who is a friend of a family I know was dignosed with stage 4 cancer back in may not long after he graduated from college. The cancer is so rare, the doctors have no idea what kind of cancer it is. Anyway could you just pray for the young man and his family right now, he's doing chemo, but prayer helps alot.

SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

yikes...indeed I will, that's scary.

Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it and I know they will to.

SOCCERLOTR, I'll pray for your friends mom, and also for your friend, Graces4you. That sounds scary, in both cases
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Praying for y'all :)

Graces4you
Love to love

Post by Graces4you »

So I have another prayer request. One of the Navy Seals that was killed when his helecopter was shot down last week goes to my church. His aunt if a friend of ours and it is really tough for his family right now. He was 24 years old and one of the few people who passed his Navy Seal's test the first time around. His mom knew she would lose him to the Seals, but she never thought it would be so soon. She was hoping to see him one last time when his body arrived in the US, but there wasn't enough left of him for her to see him. Right now they need alot of prayer to get them through this tough time.

SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Oh gosh, that's gotta be an awful feeling :(

Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

That's hard, I'll pray for them.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

That must be very difficult. I will be praying for them.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

Oh wow. That must be very hard. I'll be praying for them.