General Prayer Requests

Share your prayer requests here.
E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »

Definatly praying jeho! I know that feeling
Last edited by E II on Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am confused
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

It actually went pretty well. I was surprised at how my class mates reacted. It was difficult but like I said, I think it went pretty well.
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »

Well, this morning 3 teens from my local high school got in too a single car crash and died. If you could pray for the families and and the school as a whole that would be very nice.
I am confused
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

That's awful. Praying..

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I would appreciate your prayers for my family - my grandpa was diagnosed with lung cancer just a couple of weeks ago. Other than some coughing, he was generally in good health. However, in one week, he has rapidly declined in health and doesn't seem to have very much longer to live. My family is going to take a quick trip to see him one last time this coming weekend - hopefully we'll make it there in time.

Pray for his physical health, but more importantly his spiritual state. He professes to be a believer, but we are really unsure of that at this point.

Thanks, everybody! :)

Update as of Tuesday:
We heard a little more today - a PET scan showed the cancer has spread throughout his body in many of his bones. The doctor said treatment at this point would only shorten his life, so there's basically nothing they can do. It's a matter of weeks or months, but with his state of health and decline, it will most likely be weeks.
Even though we sort of knew it was coming, it was still hard to hear today. My dad is understandably upset and sad at the news - please be praying for his comfort especially. :(
Last edited by Laura Ingalls on Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Laura Ingalls wrote:I would appreciate your prayers for my family - my grandpa was diagnosed with lung cancer just a couple of weeks ago. Other than some coughing, he was generally in good health. However, in one week, he has rapidly declined in health and doesn't seem to have very much longer to live. My family is going to take a quick trip to see him one last time this coming weekend - hopefully we'll make it there in time.

Pray for his physical health, but more importantly his spiritual state. He professes to be a believer, but we are really unsure of that at this point.

Thanks, everybody! :)

Update as of Tuesday:
We heard a little more today - a PET scan showed the cancer has spread throughout his body in many of his bones. The doctor said treatment at this point would only shorten his life, so there's basically nothing they can do. It's a matter of weeks or months, but with his state of health and decline, it will most likely be weeks.
Even though we sort of knew it was coming, it was still hard to hear today. My dad is understandably upset and sad at the news - please be praying for his comfort especially. :(
:hug: praying for you all.

IrishTiger
IrishTiger
IrishTiger

Post by IrishTiger »

I am praying.
~IrishTiger

2 Corinthians 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. ~Robert Frost
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~Philo of Alexandria
Joshua 1:9
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I am praying, Laura Ingalls. :hug:
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

My grandma hasn't been doing too well in the past couple months.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

DanP740 wrote:My grandma hasn't been doing too well in the past couple months.
I am praying for her, Dan.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

And she died on Monday. Thanks for the prayers.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

DanP740 wrote:And she died on Monday. Thanks for the prayers.
I am very sorry to hear that. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

My grandpa died this morning. I would appreciate prayer for the funeral that we have to travel to this week. Thanks! :)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Anemone
Horse Crazy 14
Horse Crazy 14

Post by Anemone »

I'm so sorry to hear that, Laura! I will certainly be praying for you.
ImageWeird is just a side effect of being awesome.Image
Song under my sig is 'Green Rain' by SHINee
Image Image Image Image Image Image
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Laura Ingalls wrote:My grandpa died this morning. I would appreciate prayer for the funeral that we have to travel to this week. Thanks! :)
<3 'course.

Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

Praying Laura!
If you all could all pray for the family of one of my former teachers, her sister in law passed away very unexpectedly on Monday of brain aneurysm, killer her and her unborn daughter. She leaves 4 children, the oldest is 7 and the youngest is 1 and has down syndrome. If you could keep them in your prayers, that would be appreciated!!

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

Could you please pray for a the Patrick family. There father(a police officer) was killed on Wednesday in the line of duty. The shooting was only a few blocks away from my parish so just pray for the killer(who they caught) and the officers family.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
godisawesomeness99
Popsicle kid

Post by godisawesomeness99 »

I'll be praying
Daniel- Seattle Pacific University '22
Music is how God speaks to me
I used to be here.... but now I'm probably not.... so yeah
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

One of my good friends has been struggling a lot with borderline depression and suicidal thoughts. Prayer for her would be appreciated.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

Jehoshaphat wrote:Awhile back G4Y posted about a young man who had stage four cancer. It is over a year later and they did surgery to remove the tumors. They removed post of it but had to leave some in his rectum and somewhere else. Because he has been on chemo for so long the pain medicine that would usually work don't work. He is in so much pain that he is delusional, so please pray that they could find a pain medicine that will work and that he will become cancer free soon. Thanks so much!
This same young man after a almost 4 year battle with cancer is in the final chapter. The doctors basically have said that there is nothing more they can do and are just trying to make him comfortable. So unless a miracle happens he will die. Please pray for his family and everyone. He was my youth groups leader for 3 or 4 years until last year he passed on leadership. Pray for all those who will be affected by his death. Pray for peace and courage!
My online family