Haiti

Share your prayer requests here.
orangie
OK

Haiti

Post by orangie »

I just heard yesterday that there was a bad earthquake in Haiti. Please pray that people will come to know the Lord and that the people helping would be safe.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I am praying.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Haiti is the poorest country in the western hemisphere, and over 200,000 people have already died. There's a school called Mt. Sentinel about 40 minutes from my house, and they had had a school field trip group of 17 high schoolers there for only 45 minutes when the earthquake hit. None of them were hurt too badly, although one teacher ended up with a broken rib. They're back at home, safe and sound in Canada now, but they're still all quite shaken up. Tomorrow night, my school band is playing in a benefit concert for Haiti, and the Mt. Sentinel group is going to be there, as well as Red Cross and the Governor General, which for you non-Canadians, is like the equivalent of having Obama there. The Governor General is the power behind the figurehead of our Prime Minister. Please pray that people will just soften their hearts and give what they can to help all those in need down there. The biggest issue is still food and clean drinking water.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Like Obama, except without much actual power, since it's more of a figurehead kind of position. ;) She represents the Queen, but it's not like she's involved in most government decisions or anything. But she does have close ties to Haiti, and it's wonderful that she'll be there for the concert. I'll be praying that it goes well, as well as continuing to pray for Haiti in general. :)
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

The concert's over now. I didn't see her there, but I was only there until I played, then I left. She migt not have been able to make it, although I know that our MP, Alex Atamenanko was there.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Very cool! :D I hope that everything went well and that a lot was raised to help people. :)
orangie
OK

Post by orangie »

That's awesome!