Ankle...

Share your prayer requests here.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Ankle...

Post by Termite »

...Is stupid. Very stupid. :noway:

*cough* Let me rewind. For those of you that remember, roughly a year ago I posted this and this .

Now, before I begin my tales of woe, I must say this: The four of you on here that know me personally (BBB, Krisanna, Beef Taco, and Aeva, and let's say anyone else. Ha. Fine print, just in case. Call me paranoid, but whatever.), NOT A WORD. I doubt Krisanna's gonna even read this =P; Aeva knows, but you other two have to keep your mouths shut.

*cough* Alright. I've been having issues with my ankle since I injured it. (see latter thread above) And now, after a lot of thinking and some poking around, I think I had ruptured the ligament partially. Fun, right? I haven't been able to go running for at least a month, and before that I was barely making a half mile. My mom finally told my dad about it two weeks ago, and tomorrow I'm going to get it looked at. Suffice it to say, I can tell that it was the ligament(s?) right beneath the bone that was damaged. And guess what? The practices (see former thread above) are starting tomorrow. Yippee.

I've been lectured multiple times not to go into "what ifs", like "what if I did this to it" ; "what if this is gonna have to happen", etc. So please, I don't need any more. :tongue2: But I am worried I may have to have surgery. It's been 9 months since I injured it. Twisted ankles take four days, max, on me to heal. I can't tap my foot during praise and worship, can't balance on my left leg, and so on and so on. It's gotten pretty annoying by now, if you can imagine. >_>

So, to be redundant, suffice it to say I'm not too happy with this all right now. But not just with this. No, my dad thinks it might be a good idea to force myself through the season and get it worked on afterwards, if that's what it comes down to. :? ....If I can't even walk two miles without it aching (this even three weeks ago), how the heck am I going to withstand the running Danny likes making us do? I swear, he takes pleasure in our struggles. "Good pain! It's good pain!" :noway: lol It just seems like he (my dad) doesn't understand or doesn't want to understand that, at the moment, it is physically impossible for me to hold out during practices.

Also with the team, there is another keeper. :o I know, I know, it shouldn't upset me too much. After all, I've got God's promise concerning that... Can I add I'm a sophomore, though? I'm running out of highschool seasons, especially if (I know, I know... :p ) I do have to have surgery. So. Life has been pretty miserable lately with all this stress. I'm sure half of it is just in my head, but there you go. I'm a 15 year old hormonal girl. I've dealt with enough stuff regarding soccer, and now there's more. I've tried to make the right choices, but I get lost sometimes. We all do, I know, so I don't need lectures about that, either. (or do I? Haha. )

To wrap it up, just please pray for my ankle, my sanity (at least what's left of it), and that I'll make the right choices. Hopefully I will be given the choice of what to do with my ankle, but you never know. But I'm trying, for the record.

-Ang
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I understand. I had an injury similar to this one, albeit I was not in sports at the time...
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
BrokenButBeautiful
Certified Theatre Geek
Certified Theatre Geek

Post by BrokenButBeautiful »

Oh please. I think I should just start lecturing you because I can't talk to you about anything without getting lectured. :P I love you though, you know that.

<3<3<3
BBB
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Psht. Well, you did need lecturing at one point. :noway: :p Admit it.

But *cough*, apparently my injury has nothing to do with the bones in my ankle... :shock: Really? As if I couldn've told you that... So now for the next two days we're waiting to set up an appointment to get an MRI on it. The doctor I saw today thinks it might be a bruised bone (which.... doesn't take seven months to heal....), or screwed up cartilage, as it's underneath my ankle bone. Yippee. So now, more waiting... Which is exactly what I need... And for the record, I'm not playing this season.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Termite wrote:Psht. Well, you did need lecturing at one point. :noway: :p Admit it.

But *cough*, apparently my injury has nothing to do with the bones in my ankle... :shock: Really? As if I couldn've told you that... So now for the next two days we're waiting to set up an appointment to get an MRI on it. The doctor I saw today thinks it might be a bruised bone (which.... doesn't take seven months to heal....), or screwed up cartilage, as it's underneath my ankle bone. Yippee. So now, more waiting... Which is exactly what I need... And for the record, I'm not playing this season.
Aww. That stinks. Well I hope that your ankle gets better. I had a 3rd degree ligament tear in my ankle along time ago and it took like 10 months until it was mostly healed. I'll be praying that it doesn't take that much longer for it to heal, and that it feels better :)

I'll be praying for you.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I'll be praying for you. Get well soon!
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Thanks guys.

Aaand, I'm getting an MRI this Saturday. After that I'll be going back to the doctor once they analyze it, which will be next Thursday. Not too long, thankfully.

EDIT: The MRI turned out to be in an RV type bus and was simply a tube that I was stuck into. :shock: Thankfully, they only put half of me in, and I almost fell asleep several times were it not for the banging, grinding noises of the machine at work that were loud even with the earplugs and kept changing and the fact that the lower half of my body was warmer than the top half from the radiation! *gasp* *pant* Anyway, no more real news until this Thursday.

~~~~~

So I'm just going to "double post" and bump this, cause it's important.

Well, the MRI showed nothing. Zilch, nada. Good? Partially. There's nothing wrong with the bone, cartilage, ligaments, tendons, etc... But that still doesn't quite explain why it goes numb and hurts. ;) And that's where having a doctor around is helpful. Apparently the numbness was caused from the nerve that runs up outside the joint getting damaged. Fun, right?

Well, that doesn't explain why my calf would also ache when I would run and partially numb as well. Not so fun. Especially when the doc was none too pleased to hear my calf acting up... She didn't really think it was because of the extra compensation of supporting me since my ankle wouldn't. She also said she'd be keeping an eye on me... I'm still trying to decide if that's good or bad.

Oh yeah, because of how weak the joint is and stuff, I'm going to have to get therapy. Don't know how much or for how long; my mom is going to take care of that tomorrow when she calls to set up a first appointment so they can analyze it, or whatever they do.

But I still can't play, which is annoying. Wearing a brace would only pinch the nerve even more, so that's out. Running around a bunch while it's highly weakened risks even further injury which could result in me having to have surgery to fix it. So, I'm stuck on the bench watching my team play... Which is great fun.

Please just keep praying for ankle (and mental) stability, and that I won't lose it and start sobbing when I talk to my coach Monday. I'll be practicing a lot over the weekend, I can tell you that. >_>

-- 11 Feb 2010 11:53 pm --

Hah, that's annoying.

-- 20 Mar 2010 10:05 pm --

*bump*

Ok, update. My therapist informed me (this was a little over a month ago) that my nerve was not the problem; in fact, all the bones in my ankle had all inverted. What's that, say you? Well, since you have no limp, plastic foot like I did, I'll try to explain. Twist your ankle inwards. Voila! Apparently, all the bones shifted like that(not quite as dramatic, though)and then stayed when I tore the ligament last year. Fun, right?

Well, a month later I'm still not playing. I have a brace now that I'll need to wear when I play, and that won't be until I can do 20 calf raises. (stand on one foot. now go up on your toes. repeat 19 more times) Not too hard; however, with a weak joint that is being put back into place, it is. Soo, I'm up to about 15 of those, though I'm hoping come Monday I can convince my therapist to start doing some light work with the ball. We started playing games three weeks ago...

*ahem* Please just keep praying for the continued healing of my ankle, and for my own mental attitude... I nod, smile, laugh, chatter, and at night all it takes is one thought of it and I break down to tears, like I'm doing now.

Gracias.

-- 30 Mar 2010 09:36 pm --

Soo.... I played today. \:D/

I mean literally ran around, took a shot, played with the ball, etc. And I LOVED it.

Cons: I can't play in goal... Aaaah.....

*cough* I had my VERY LAST therapy session yesterday. \:D/ I have full rotation in every direction; the joint has loosened; I CAN STAND ON IT; HECK, I CAN SPRINT ON IT!!

Cons: My dad completely ruined my good mood... Again. >_> Now, you could say I'm overreacting, but you don't see it from my point of view. So don't bother.

If you're reading this, it's basically my mental state that needs help now.

I'm playing tomorrow, too. \:D/ And Thursday.... and every game after that!
Last edited by Termite on Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Love you always, SnC