Prayer Needed

Share your prayer requests here.
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Prayer Needed

Post by StrongNChrist »

I have a friend who had to go to the hospital recently because they thought she got bitten by a brown recluse spider. But now they're 90% sure she has lekumia. They're not too sure what type it is yet and are running blood tests but she and her whole (large) family are in need of much prayer.
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Aww, SNC, that's tough. :( I'll keep her and the family in my prayers.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I will be praying.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

Update: my friend has been officially diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia and is starting chemo tomorrow.
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

Wow, I will be praying!
ToO Comic - #1|#2|#3|#4|#5|#6|Filler#1|Filler#2|#7|#8|#9

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

Update: I just found out but my friend is in an area in the hospital where no one can be in the same room with her because of her immune system - which isn't working very well. She's also battling pnemonia and the infection from whatever bug bites she had gotten - which got her to the hospital originally. They're trying to stabalize her right now. Her parents are hoping they can get her stabalized soon because her mom is expecting a baby very soon and doesn't want to leave her daughter to have the baby until her daughter is stabalized enough to handle having her parents gone for quite a bit of time.
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

*can't believe he didn't see this 'till now*

Praying for 'em all. :(
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

That is a very hard situation. I'll be praying for them!! :pray:
*insert provocative quote here*
CookieMonster
Me want cookies
Me want cookies
Location: Attempting to be like the mind of Jack Alan and Jesus Christ

Post by CookieMonster »

I will definitley lift up your friend, Dear Lord Jesus we speak healing over SNC's friend...And ask that any spirit of darkness that may be trying to surround and envelope her would be rebuked...Just bring your spirit of peace and salvation to this family God.

I'm Connie Ks'. Online Cookie Monster :)
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

Update:

She's doing better. Her fever is gone, her lungs are clearing, the lesions on her legs - which she got from the bug bites that originally got her to go to the hospital - are healing and the chemo isn't doing that bad. She's sleeping a lot after the chemo treatment and her blood counts is trying to get back up to normal. I'm not sure if she's home yet or not...but if not she will be coming home soon
They almost had a problem the other night, when her antibiotic broke down and the damaged antibiotics almost got into her system. But they caught it in time and were able to pull out the IV just before it entered and were able to get her a new IV and antibiotics.
She seems to be responding positively to the treatment. Her cancer cells were at 0 in her blood, although the doctors do warn that it doesn't mean they're gone. They're going to do another bone biopsy soon - or at least, they should have done it friday...but the last update was done earlier in the week - and her parents are pretty sure that the doctors will tell them that she has gone into remission. The cancer isn't gone but she's on her way to recovery and responding well to the treatment.

Keep her and her family in prayer please. They are having a hard time still, since my friend is the first one of the whole family who's ever had this big of a medical problem. All of their family stays pretty healthy and hardly ever need to go see a doctor or anything. So this is unusual for them and they're having to adjust, as well as deal with the fact that one of them has cancer, and pay the bills for the chemo and such, and everything. My friend's youngest sister - for now - is only 2ish so not being able to spend too much time with her mother isn't easy for her.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Thank you for the update, SNC. I will continue to pray for them.

Lord, give this family strength to go through this situation. Give them peace in the knowledge that you are
in control & shall supply all their needs. Heal this young girl & take away all cause for hurt, sadness, & pain. May no weapon formed against her prosper.
*insert provocative quote here*
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

Not to bump up a topic but my friend still needs lots of prayer. She was doing good for a while; she was in remission and allowed to go home and was even coming back to church. She was still getting chemo treatment so they had to watch to make sure she wouldn't catch sick.
But recently things have taken a turn for the worse. Her bone marrow isn't working anymore so she has to get blood transfusions and platelet transfusions once a week and she has no immune system or white blood cells. A little while ago she collapsed at home and they rushed her to the hospital. It's a miracle she survived the trip to the hospital. She's been in the hospital ever since. She has something in her lungs that the doctor's are concerned about so they won't release her. They are going to proceed with the chemo treatments soon. I think they're waiting for her to recover her strength a bit but I'm not sure. According to her dad she's going to be on chemo for at least 3 years.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

^ I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm definitely praying for her, her family and her friends.

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

*tries to refrain from lecturing SnC about bumping old topics* ;)

Oh my goodness. That's awful. I'm praying SnC. That's sounds like what happened to a distant relative of mine. That's tough to go through. But I'm still praying. God will do what's best.
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

That must be very, very difficult. I will continue to pray for her and her family.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

I haven't been given much of an update but from a conversation I heard they were planning on releasing her this Wednesday so she could have Christmas with her family but have changed their minds. They think her state is too critical to let her out of the hospital, even to spend Christmas with family. Prayers are still needed and much appreciated.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Will do, SNC. :yes: