The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Prayer for Asia Bibi

Post by The Kings Daughter »

You can read about her at this link:

http://vomcblog.blogspot.com/2011/01/as ... icide.html

But to summarize, Asia Bibi, Image
a Christian Pakistan woman, is facing the death sentence for blasphemy. She is the first woman to actually get sentenced to death. Right now she is facing the threat of an attack on the prison she is in, and she is constantly facing the possibility of death every day.

“Though no one has been executed after being convicted under the controversial law, 35 people, including Taseer, who were accused of committing blasphemy or defending those charged with blasphemy have been killed between 1990 and 2011,” said Z News. “They were either victims of extra-judicial killings or found dead in prison in suspicious circumstances.”

This woman has a husband and two daughters. Image

Please pray for Asia Bibi's release and pray that God would sustain this family and use this situation for His glory.

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
orangie
OK

Post by orangie »

Thank you for sharing that with us. I read her story in the VOM magazine.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

This does not make me happy. I'd like to point out the fact that she did not commit blasphemy in any way. She said, "Muhammad had worms in his mouth before he died." In a roundabout way, she said Muhammad was no prophet. I am incredibly curious how the story ends. Thanks for sharing, TKD, and I will be praying for her. :pray:
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Thank you for sharing this, TKD. This is not a good situation. I will be praying for her.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I did a current event report about her, and have been praying for her ever since.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

American Eagle wrote:I'd like to point out the fact that she did not commit blasphemy in any way. In a roundabout way, she said Muhammad was no prophet.
That is blasphemy.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

bookworm wrote:
American Eagle wrote:I'd like to point out the fact that she did not commit blasphemy in any way. In a roundabout way, she said Muhammad was no prophet.
That is blasphemy.
blasphemy
1.impious utterance or action concerning god or sacred things [is Muhammad or a sacred thing? no]
2.Judaism
a.an act of cursing or reviling God. [is Muhammad or a sacred thing? no]
b.pronunciation of the Tetragrammaton (YHVH) in the original, now forbidden manner instead of using a substitute pronunciation such as Adonai. [nope]
3.Theology . the crime of assuming to oneself the rights or qualities of God. [did Muhammad have the rights or qualities of God? no]
4.irreverent behavior toward anything held sacred, priceless, etc. [Muhammad is neither sacred nor priceless]

It is blasphemy to some of the Pakistan people? Yes, but it doesn't make it true. She said nothing against the true God or anything truly sacred.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

American Eagle wrote:
bookworm wrote:
That is blasphemy.
blasphemy
1.impious utterance or action concerning god or sacred things [is Muhammad or a sacred thing? no]
2.Judaism
a.an act of cursing or reviling God. [is Muhammad or a sacred thing? no]
b.pronunciation of the Tetragrammaton (YHVH) in the original, now forbidden manner instead of using a substitute pronunciation such as Adonai. [nope]
3.Theology . the crime of assuming to oneself the rights or qualities of God. [did Muhammad have the rights or qualities of God? no]
4.irreverent behavior toward anything held sacred, priceless, etc. [Muhammad is neither sacred nor priceless]

It is blasphemy to some of the Pakistan people? Yes, but it doesn't make it true. She said nothing against the true God or anything truly sacred.
Um, what are we arguing about? Clearly it was blasphemy by the Muslims definition, but no, it's not real blasphemy.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

ric wrote:Clearly it was blasphemy by the Muslims definition, but no, it's not real blasphemy.
Exactly. To Muslims, anything against Mohammed is blasphemy and punishable by death.
Obviously that’s not our definition, but this happened in a place under Muslim law, so their definition is the one that matters.
American Eagle wrote:It is blasphemy to some of the Pakistan people? Yes, but it doesn't make it true.
I didn't say it was true. But it is to them, and that's what counts here.
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

She's a Christian and Satan will do everything in his power to silence Christians. This is one of the ways he's doing it. And I don't really see why people are arguing over what she said and whether it was blasphemy or not. That's not really the important part. The important part is she's facing the death sentence and she and her family needs prayer.
~Forever at her Savior's side.~