Prayer for my sister

Share your prayer requests here.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Prayer for my sister

Post by Jesus' Princess »

One of my younger sisters has some special needs, and a few weeks ago she had a serious problem with eating, and she crashed. Long story short, we thought we'd end up in the hospital with her, but she turned around at the last minute and was able to get back to normal. We thought that was it. Well, today she didn't eat well, and she "crashed" at about 2:00 this afternoon, we calld the doctor and he told us what she needed, but she hasn't gotten any better, infact, she's been getting worse. I'm really scared, as I've only seen her like this once (and she ended up in the hospital that time) and my parents are talking about taking her to the hospital if she doesn't get better soon. If you could pray that 1, my sister starts getting better and stays out of the hospital and 2, that we can figure out why this is happening, we would be so thankful. I know I'm just some random person on the internet, and none of you know me personally, but you don't know how much I would appreciate it.

Thank you,

Jesus' Princess
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Jesus' Princess, you are NOT "just some random person on the internet". You are part of the AIO community and, while not as well as in person, we do know you and care about you. I will pray for your sis and your whole family though this. What do you mean by "crashed", if you don't mind me asking? Either way, she will be in my prayers.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Well, we use the word crash to describe what happens when she can't eat, get's cold and clammy, and basically just get really sick. It's hard to explain but currently she's screaming/crying because she can't get comfortable. (By the way, she can't talk or communicate with us very well, so we don't know exactly what it feels like and all that. we can't ask her) Thank you, I appreciate it alot.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

oh, ok...wasn't sure if you meant she got sick, fell, went unconscious, etc. Anyway, thanks, that helps me know what I'm praying about.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Nooooo, that must be so tough, Princess. :( Praying for y'all.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
odysseyfan1
Classic

Post by odysseyfan1 »

I'll be praying.
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

Your family is in my prayers.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

That must be very tough, Jesus' Princess. I will be praying for her, your family, and you. I hope and pray she gets better soon.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

How's she doing now?

Praying still. :hug:

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Thanks for asking :)
She's about the same, not eating much, having a hard time sleeping, and pretty lethargic in the afternoons. It's been weird because she'll wake up around 2:00 in the morning and just start screaming (when I say screaming I mean crying really hard, not like screaming in fright) but we don't know why. So we'll have to get her up and calm her down and settle her back to sleep. So We still don't know what's wrong, but we called the doctor and he gave her a medication that seems to be helping some, Yesterday afternoon instead of being lethargic, she got really hyper. The hardest thing about all of this is that she can't talk to us and say why she's not eating or sleeping etc...

Thanks so much for praying, continued prayers are very much appreciated.

Jesus' Princess
Alyssa
Always happy
Always happy

Post by Alyssa »

Any new updates? I'll definitely pray. :yes:
Love You, Lee! :hug:
We'll love you forever, SnC. Thanks for showing us how to be so Strong in Christ. :hug:
I love you... Anne, Sapphire, IDANCE, Joanne, Mimi, Laura, and especially dear Lee. :hug:
And, my wonderful guy friends are: AE, Regis, ric, Marvin, Whitty Whit, and thegreenringc!

"I May do silly things, but I do them with enthusiasm!"
"A Day without Laughter is a day wasted."
"It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years." -Abe Lincoln

Check out the free, fun, and fantastic shop: Express Yourself By Alyssa!

You know me..always ready for a chat! ;) Send me a PM soon, whether I just met you, know you well, haven't talked to you in a while, or haven't met you at all!
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Thank you! an update, She's much better now, almost back to normal, Praise God! But we never figured out why it happened, so hopefully it was just a one time thing. On another note, we just found out that she has a problem with her heart, she's been turning blue in her hands, feet, and lips a lot so my parents took her to the doctor and they found a problem. They scheduled surgery in 6 weeks, we're nervous about it, heart surgery is a big deal, but she needs it so we're going through with it. Maybe if you could pray that 1, she doesn't get sick between now and then (she has to be healthy and strong going into it) 2, that we (my parents mostly) would have a peace of mind about this, and 3, that her condition wouldn't get any worse before she has the surgery, that would be great.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

I'm totally on it Jesus's Princess! I know that must be hard! (well ok maybe I don't know but I can imagine) I want you to know I genuinely care and I'll be praying twice or more a day!!
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Wow, I'm glad she's better from the one issue, but that's hard she has to go straight into another :( I will pray.

Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Oh my, your sister will definitely be in my prayers. :)
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Thanks :) I don't even know where to start right now, My sister's been doing great all summer, but on Wednesday she started getting a temperature, not eating, and basically crashing. My dad is in Texas for a conference right now, and so it's just my mom and us kids for the week. Well we thought she was better until tonight, she's got a temperature again, won't eat, and is on the verge of a crash again. We don't know what to do right now, because we're supposed to be leaving at 6:00 am. tomorrow morning to go to something we've been planning all summer (it's a 4 hour drive) but she's seriously sick again, and my dads in Texas. Anyways, if you guys could pray that she improves and doesn't have to go to the hospital, and also that we would know what to do about tomorrow, if we should leave or not, that would be greatly appreciated!

I feel like I'm always asking for prayer for her, but it's really a bad situation right now.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Never feel bad asking for prayer!
I'll pray for her tonight.
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

I agree with Anna><>, we are here for you Jesus' Princess, I'll be praying for your sister and your family to make the right decision.

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Princess I love to pray for you sister. It must be so tough. :( Don't hesitate to give us updates. :hug:

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Oh no! I hope she'll be doing better soon, I'll pray. And like Anna said, don't feel bad asking for prayer! :hug: