Family Issues

Share your prayer requests here.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Family Issues

Post by snubs »

Right now my dad is in the hospital because he has some blockage that could cause a heart attack. We don't know if they'll have to do surgery or what. So, if you all could keep him in your prayers that would be great. Also pray that he will be calm about everything, because he's never had something like this happen to him. And because right now he is worried about making sure everyone is getting where they need to go (like work and basketball, because I still can't drive or anything).

Most of the cause of all this is, he is under a tremendous amount of stress (we all are, but I know he must have it tenfold). See, we have a lot of financial problems...and when I say a lot, I don't mean it lightly. We hardly get our bills paid, just enough so we don't get our power or what not cut off. We also just recently had our refrigerator break down, so now we have been putting ice blocks in the frig part, and put all the frozen stuff in our downstairs freezer (it's a blessing we have the other freezer). Shortly after our refrigerator broke, our washing machine broke down, so now we are back to going to the laundry mat. It's not that big of a deal, though we still have to raise funds to buy a now frig and washing machine. If it isn't one thing...it's a hundred others.

Another thing I won't touch too deep on is, it seems our family is breaking apart (actually, I think we already are broken apart), everyone is angry and snapping at each other, we are not staying in the Word and relying on God as much as we should, and we all seem to just talk about what we think we should do instead of actually doing what we think we should do. Also, when some of us are for a plan of action, the rest are not. It's like having a basketball team, where the team is fighting itself. We're also like a basketball team in the sense that none of us are playing the position we are strongest at. For example, if I'm strongest at playing Guard they put me as Post. If my brother is fast and strongest at playing Point, they make him sit on the bench.

We all need to get to a point where we are playing the position we are strongest at, and that we work TOGETHER and COMMUNICATE (like civilized humans should). Family shouldn't be the people one has the hardest time talking to...

Sorry if I'm being a killjoy...I try not to be. Your prayers will be greatly appreciated.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

I'll be praying for all of you.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Thank you so much, Knight Fisher.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

I'll be praying for you Snubs. I totally get the last part of your post, and I've been there. It's tough. :hug:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm praying as well, snubs. I know that God wants to walk with your family through this difficult time, and I'll be praying that you will all feel His presence and turn to Him in your time of need. It might be painful, but God teaches us a lot of things when we walk with Him when things are tough. :)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Wow, sis, that's a super tough situation. I know that when my family has issues, the last thing I want is a lecture, but remember: everybody on earth has terrible times. Be the person who helps other people get through. It you're focused on helping those around you to keep their chin up (e.g., your dad in the hospital), it may very well in turn give you encouragement. :) I'm praying for you all.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Thanks for all your prayers. We are going to go see my dad in a little while, because they are thinking they will have to do some kind of surgery in the next day or so. I'll keep you all posted.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Oh girl. :hug: I love you so much, I'm sorry things are so hard. :( May God give you his perfect peace and may you feel His love ever so deeply. <3

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

I'm praying for you too snubs. :hug:
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Thanks, EMBEE.

It was confirmed that my dad did have a heart attack (not very severe though) Friday, which is when we took him in. Tomorrow they are going to do a procedure that will tell them if they have to do some small surgery or open heart.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I will be praying for all of those things, snubs. :hug:
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Officer David Harley
Classic

Post by Officer David Harley »

I'll be praying for you and your family also.

Officer David Harley
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Thank you, Tate, and Sapphire. I appreciate it.

Everything seemed to go well yesterday. They put a stint in (which unblocked everything) so he is coming home today. The doctors said if he eats right and everything, he should be fine. The only thing is, to keep his body from rejecting the stint, he has to be on this medication for two years....and it will cost us $300 a month for it. So now we are praying we will somehow be able to pull that off (we have to...somehow).
Last edited by snubs on Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

I'm glad he can come home! Still praying for you all. :hug: We've had tight money problems....ever since I can remember really. He is faithful. :)

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

That's good that he came home! I'll continue to pray for you and your family.
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

I'll be praying for you, your father, and the rest of your family. :hug:
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

How are thing going Snubs?
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Things are going fairly well. My dad seems to be doing better, and we've even had some help with money issues. Some good friends of ours sent us a $50 dollar gift card to Food Lion and a $60 dollar check. So we are very grateful.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

That's good to hear! I'll keep praying.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Just this morning, an older man came to our door telling us he know one of my mom's friends from way back when (and that he went to the same church as us from where we used to live). He said, he knew about us but we didn't know him, and that the friend of my mom's told him about some of our issues...then he handed us an envelope and said "I thought this could help you out." then he left. When we looked inside, the envelope was containing $200 dollars!

It makes me really feel like God is watching over us. Thank you for all your prayers everyone. :hug:
Last edited by snubs on Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.