Self-harm...

I need help.

Share your prayer requests here.
ObiWan Kenobi Girl
Why so serious?
Why so serious?

Self-harm...

Post by ObiWan Kenobi Girl »

I don't know how to stop hurting myself and I don't have a way to always cover my wrists..I know it's so horrible and crazy but there's just someting that addicted me to it.
Can you please pray for me? I'm going to counseling about it, but I'd appreciate all of your help, too. <3
Thanks,
Morgan
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Shall pray, girl. :hug: God is so much bigger.

If you'd like to talk sometime, fill free to pm me. :)
Last edited by The Kings Daughter on Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

I'm praying for you. :pray:
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I'm sorry for you, ObiWan Kenobi Girl. That's a hard thing to go through. I will be praying for you, sis. :)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

You are in my thoughts and prayers :)
*insert provocative quote here*
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I will be praying for you. If you ever need to talk, feel free to drop me a PM. Hang in there. :hug:
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Praying for you. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this :( I'm always up for talking if you need.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
ObiWan Kenobi Girl
Why so serious?
Why so serious?

Hey, thanks, everyone!
I'm trying The Butterfly Project to help encouraging me to find other ways to deal with stress and stuff.
It's the idea to draw, with a permanent marker, a butterfly on the area you usually cut and to leave it there and let it fade- and to not cut. If you cut, the butterfly "dies" and you have to start over. And sometimes it works to name the butterly after someone you love or who really wants you to stop. Or anyone who supports awareness of self-harm can draw a butterfly on them, too. :)
But thanks for your prayers!

-Morgan
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Hmm...never heard of it, sounds interesting though!
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I have never heard of The Butterfly Project either, but it sounds hopeful. I will still be praying for you.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

That sounds like a good idea, I'll keep you in my prayers.
EUCC
Someone's favorite

Post by EUCC »

Let me know if I can help. I self-injured off and on for many years. I know it is a very hard addiction to break.

Can you make a list of things to do when you want to SI? I know there are lists online, too, depending on what feeling you're after, like holding ice....
Honey Wheeler
OK

Post by Honey Wheeler »

Ive been praying!

I love words. I love to sing them and speak them and even now, I must admit, I have fallen into the joy of writing them.
~Anne Rice
ObiWan Kenobi Girl
Why so serious?
Why so serious?

Thanks, everyone!!!
I haven't cut in about a week now, and it's slowly getting easier to find alternative things to do when my depression hits a low point.. :)
Thanks so much for your prayers!!
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

That' great! I've been praying for you! :hug:
~*~StrongNChrist, November 22, 1991- March, 25th, 2011~*~
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Glad your making progress. :) I'll be praying and thinking about you! :hug:
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Yay! I'll keep praying :)
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

That's wonderful to hear! I will still be praying for you. :hug:
EUCC
Someone's favorite

Post by EUCC »

Great job! I remember when I made it a month without it and that was a huge milestone. Maybe with nicer weather (IDK what it is like where you live) you can get out for a walk or run, too. That always helps...

One thing that really helped me was reading what a drug addict said, he said that God never delivered him from the desire to use drugs, but every day he asked God for help to not do it. I realized that I might want to do it for long-term but had to make the choice not to. It wasn't easy, it was very, very hard to find other things to do or to not want to punish myself or hurt myself more than someone else had hurt me, but in the end it did get easier.