Distraction Osteogenesis

Surgery this morning

Share your prayer requests here.
Christian A.
Animatronic

Distraction Osteogenesis

Post by Christian A. »

I'm having surgery this morning to implant a "distraction osteogenesis device" into my skull. Four screws will be drilled into my skull and a metal halo will be set into the front half of my head. The device comes down and hooks up to a device already cemented in my mouth. Then, over the whole summer, we'll be adjusting the appliance every day to move my upper jaw forward. That process is called "distraction," and the osteogenesis part means that as my jaw is moved forward, my body will be creating new bone for itself to fill in the gaps left behind.

Please pray that the surgery goes well and that I won't be too miserable after it's over. Thank you!

The surgery is scheduled for 8:00 EDT today.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I am praying for you, Christian A.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

I will be praying for you!
~*~StrongNChrist, November 22, 1991- March, 25th, 2011~*~
stingcameron
Popsicle kid

Post by stingcameron »

Christian A. wrote:I'm having surgery this morning to implant a "distraction osteogenesis device" into my skull. Four screws will be drilled into my skull and a metal halo will be set into the front half of my head. The device comes down and hooks up to a device already cemented in my mouth. Then, over the whole summer, we'll be adjusting the appliance every day to move my upper jaw forward. That process is called "distraction," and the osteogenesis part means that as my jaw is moved forward, my body will be creating new bone for itself to fill in the gaps left behind.

Please pray that the surgery goes well and that I won't be too miserable after it's over. Thank you!

The surgery is scheduled for 8:00 EDT today
I will pray for you
There is a ToO Conspiracy going on. Go to City Hall and read about it before it's deleted, and help discover the truth.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

I didn't see this until now, I hope everything went well, and will pray for the process!::)

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I'm praying for you too!
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

Thank you all for the prayers! The operation went as well as could have been expected. I spent the night at the hospital, so that the doctors could monitor my blood pressure and pain and heart rate and stuff. I'm home now, and I'm actually feeling okay. I have a headache, and probably will for a long time. And my jaw is aching as well. But that's about the extent of the pain.

This is what I look like (with my eyes covered, of course ;))
IMG000131.jpg
IMG000131.jpg (9.94 KiB) Viewed 8755 times
Thank you all for your prayers! I'll have the device on all summer, so any time you think to pray for me, I would greatly appreciate it. :)
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Oh my gosh! Sounds terrible! Hope the summer goes by quickly and that it works out well! Praying!
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

Thank you, all of you who prayed for me over the summer. I got the contraption off yesterday, and the doctors are very happy with the results! My family and I are still getting used to my new look, and I get to see all of my friends for the first time tonight at church, so I'm hoping they will get used to it quickly. Again, thank you for your prayers! Now I just have to hope that my upper jaw will stay in the right spot and not fall back behind my lower one as I continue to grow.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Praise the Lord! :) This is so great to hear...I'll continue to be praying.
*insert provocative quote here*
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Glad to hear that!