Prayer for new job

Share your prayer requests here.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Prayer for new job

Post by SoccerLOTR »

So...I finally landed the job of my dreams (thoughbeit part-time for now) as a police officer...I start Monday, though I still will have a couple tests to pass AND a few months of on the job training...so I'm freaking out. I really need prayer that I will first of all pass the psych test and physical screening--and then prayer that I will be a fast learner, have good memory, and be and act confident and able to do the job.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Woohoo for you, girl! \:D/

I'll be praying for your new position... you'll do great.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Thank you! :-)
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Congratulations! How's it going so far? I'll be praying. :)
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Thanks for the prayer...the first week was pretty rocky because they started training me then realized that they shouldn't have even certified me yet because i hadn't done two of the tests that the state requires. :-O But I got those done and passed, so I'm hoping this week goes a little more smoothly...there's so much to learn it's overwhelming!

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Oops, I forgot to check back, but hey, now it's been a week! Did the week go more smoothly? At least they figured out about the tests sooner rather than later. ;)
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Indeed...I passed the tests. A LOT of stuff with the city/department is up in the air right now and really messed up, so I'm a little concerned right now...training is going alright, though I'm getting shuffled around a lot and not training as much as I'd like...but I'm still going, and I still like it...just would appreciate some prayer that I make it through training!!

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yay for passing the tests! \:D/ I will be praying for your training. Keep us updated!
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Thank you! :-)

Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Congrats on the new job SoccerLOTR! That's awesome. :)