[ 10 posts ] 
 Post Post subject: Prayer for new job
Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:18 pm 
I'm as fancy as Penguin!
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Cash: 520.24
Bank: 2,352.96
So...I finally landed the job of my dreams (thoughbeit part-time for now) as a police officer...I start Monday, though I still will have a couple tests to pass AND a few months of on the job training...so I'm freaking out. I really need prayer that I will first of all pass the psych test and physical screening--and then prayer that I will be a fast learner, have good memory, and be and act confident and able to do the job.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject: Re: Prayer for new job
Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:25 am 
Chief of Police

Cash: 410.47
Bank: 0.00
Blog: View Blog (1)
Woohoo for you, girl! \:D/

I'll be praying for your new position... you'll do great.

Offline Profile E-mail Facebook  

Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:12 pm 
I'm as fancy as Penguin!

Thank you! :-)

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

Offline Profile  

Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:11 am 
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin

Cash: 5,697.71
Bank: 1,958.31
Congratulations! How's it going so far? I'll be praying. :)

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:13 pm 
I'm as fancy as Penguin!

Thanks for the prayer...the first week was pretty rocky because they started training me then realized that they shouldn't have even certified me yet because i hadn't done two of the tests that the state requires. :-O But I got those done and passed, so I'm hoping this week goes a little more smoothly...there's so much to learn it's overwhelming!

Offline Profile  

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:02 pm 
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin

Oops, I forgot to check back, but hey, now it's been a week! Did the week go more smoothly? At least they figured out about the tests sooner rather than later. ;)

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:36 am 
I'm as fancy as Penguin!

Indeed...I passed the tests. A LOT of stuff with the city/department is up in the air right now and really messed up, so I'm a little concerned right now...training is going alright, though I'm getting shuffled around a lot and not training as much as I'd like...but I'm still going, and I still like it...just would appreciate some prayer that I make it through training!!

Offline Profile  

Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:45 pm 
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin

Yay for passing the tests! \:D/ I will be praying for your training. Keep us updated!

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:54 am 
I'm as fancy as Penguin!

Thank you! :-)

Offline Profile  

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:27 am 
Solicitor Non Grata
"Joey, have you ever been in a Turkish prison?"

Cash: 602.58
Bank: 152.25
Congrats on the new job SoccerLOTR! That's awesome. :)

Offline Profile  

[ 10 posts ]