I Could Really Use Some Prayer

Share your prayer requests here.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
I Could Really Use Some Prayer

Post by Sapphire »

Hello, all. Long time no see. I have missed you all greatly, and I say hello to all who did not know who I am. I hope everyone is doing well. I could really use some prayer right now. I can't go into detail, but I am going through an extremely difficult time in my life. My adversity mainly revolves around my church. There are serious, unhealthy, and dysfunctional problems going on in my church. Many people I know and love have been tremendously hurt by these problems; I have also been very hurt by seeing other people hurting. My family and I are planning to move very slowly out of the church; nothing, however, is set in stone. My family and I are kind of in a sea of uncertainty. So, please pray for my church, my family, and me. Thank you so much.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
godisawesomeness99
Popsicle kid

Post by godisawesomeness99 »

hi! Nice meeting you! I am daniel. Yeah, my family and I have gone through that a couple times, so I will pray
Daniel- Seattle Pacific University '22
Music is how God speaks to me
I used to be here.... but now I'm probably not.... so yeah
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

godisawesomeness99 wrote:hi! Nice meeting you! I am daniel. Yeah, my family and I have gone through that a couple times, so I will pray
Nice to meet you, Daniel! Thank you very much.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

I will pray for you, Sapphire. My family actually just went through something very similar, so I know what kinds of things you're struggling with. May God give you and your family the wisdom to know just what to do, as well as the grace to do what needs to be done while still trusting in Him. =)
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

I'm very glad that you came back to share this, Sapphire :) (I've missed you greatly, by the way :hug: ) I'll definitely be covering your family and this entire situation with lots of prayer.
*insert provocative quote here*
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

I'll pray<3 I'm glad you came back but am sorry about the circumstances. *hugs*

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

Twill be praying.
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
Humby
Tallying up

Post by Humby »

I know what it's like to have to leave your church. It's happened more than once. :( I'll be praying for you.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Thank you all for your prayers. It seems that we are leaving sooner than I expected. I think we may even be leaving this very week. Continue to keep my church and family in prayer, but please pray for me as well. I think I feel most connected to the church than the rest of my family. So, I guess you could say I am taking it the hardest....
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

I will pray for you and your family Saphirre.
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

I know what that's like Sapphire, I went through a similar situation last year. I'll be praying for you :hug:
AIOCREFan
Gold Member

Post by AIOCREFan »

*sigh* It is becoming all too common in churches today. My family went through this twice. The first time we stayed at church. The second time the church split up and those who left (including us) started a new church. It was a long and painful journey, especially since we still have some good friends still attending the old church, and our relationships with them were obviously strained during the conflict, (including some family members who were right in the middle of it) Thankfully, except for a few people, there is no enmity between the churches anymore, and we have finally put the issues behind us. Relating back to AIO (shameless plug), I found The Perfect Church, Parts 1 & 2 very good and encouraging for such a situation. (It came out after most of the conflict was over, but I still found it very helpful.) I would really recommend listening and/or buying those episodes and I will be praying for you and your family. It is never easy, but God's strength will bring you through.
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

Praying :hug:

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

It's official. My family and I are taking a break from the church. Please continue to pray for everything. Also, please pray for the friendsI have made at the church. I have made many wonderful friends, and I feel like they could be friends that last a lifetime. So, please pray that my relationships with them will not be strained because of this. I don't think they will, but I still have some trepidation about it. Thank you all so much for prayer. :hug:
Last edited by Sapphire on Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.