Virus in Guinea and Liberia

Not April Fools.. :s

Share your prayer requests here.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Virus in Guinea and Liberia

Post by The Kings Daughter »

So basically -- last I heard -- there are 11 confirmed cases of the Ebola virus in the capital of Guinea (Conakry). Now it's spread to Liberia, where there are many suspected cases and several confirmed. The Ebola virus is a very deadly virus, and I think it's pretty easily spread. Please, please pray for this situation. I heard about it from a family we know in Liberia (and I think only about half of their family will be able to evacuate), and of course Ghana is one country away from that. Just a lot of people sick or in danger. :/ Thank you!
John 16:33 ESV wrote:I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Pardon me if I seem unsympathetic, but 11 cases doesn't seen like terribly serious... Though, of course I'll still pray, whther it's 11, or a million cases, I'm just wondering why it's considered a problem if only 11 people have it.
I know nothing about the disease, or how it spreads, or anything, so enlightenment would be appreciated.
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

:) No, I understand the question (and thanks for the prayers). My friend over there tells me that it can be passed on by any kind of body moisture (even sweat). So that not only makes the chances of many more people getting sick, but I don't think there is a cure for the virus. Several families there are leaving the country.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebola_virus_disease wrote:In February 2014, a strain of the Ebola Virus appeared in Guinea. This is the first Ebola virus outbreak registered in the region. As of April 2, 129 suspected and confirmed cases and 84 deaths have been reported in Guinea, 6 suspected cases in Liberia including 5 deaths, as well as 8 suspected cases in Sierra Leone including 6 deaths. Investigations on these are under way.
Don't read the whole article if you don't like medical stuff. ;)Does that help?

~JCGJ~
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

What does contacting this virus entail (or do I even want to know)?
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

~JCGJ~ wrote:What does contacting this virus entail (or do I even want to know)?
*contracting ? Um, you may not want to know. Even I skimmed over that section. :anxious: Some of the symptoms are like that of Malaria, I think.