A final cry for help..

Share your prayer requests here.
Caitie
Processing

A final cry for help..

Post by Caitie »

I used to be on the ToO a lot, and then it started to be an on and off thing, and then I basically left completely. It's because I have been really struggling a lot lately, a combination of an eating disorder, depression, insomnia, an addiction, all-over bad health... all of which led me to the point of being suicidal. I have been given antidepressants and the like, and they have helped a little bit, but the problem doesn't seem to be going away. (I have been somewhat this way for two full years now) People are always telling me "It's because you aren't a Christian", or "You need to get back into the church". As ashamed as I am to admit it, I have never been a Christian in my life. I don't really know whether trying to make it right with God would help me, or not, but at this point in my worthless life, it might be worth a try. I would really appreciate prayers in knowing the next steps to take, and how to deal with all of this.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

*hugs* I'm so sorry you're suffering from depression, Caitie... I wish there was something I could say that would just make everything better... All I can say is that your life is most certainly not worthless. No matter what you may think, there are people who love you... God loves you, and all of us here love you. I know you don't believe it right now, but things will get better... If you need someone to talk to... I promise I'll listen... okay? And I promise I'll be praying for you. I've been where you are now... and I promise I'll do whatever I can to help you... *hugs*
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Caitie
Processing

Post by Caitie »

Thank you Woody, and thank you to all of those who messaged me. It means a lot. (:
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

Haven't had a chance to reply until now.

I don't know if trying to get right with God would help you or not, to be honest. I've prayed, and it's helped. Maybe. I don't know. I'm a Christian, I think. Again, I don't know, I'm still figuring all that stuff out, just like you. But what I do know is that you have to hang in there. If not for yourself, than for the other people that care for you and want to see the best for you, like all the people here, all your friends, and all your family. So hang in there, I'll be praying, and hoping that things get better.
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

First of all, your life's not worthless. The devil's been lying to you and it ends now. If your life was worthless Jesus wouldn't have died to save it.

Second of all, the problem won't just go away, not tonight, not ever. But you know what? I had some of the same problems you do. In my darkest hour, Jesus found me.

I didn't find Jesus. He found me.

What happened to my problems? They moved away. They were on the shoulders of the Living God.
Last edited by Dredge on Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not ignorance. It's that they know so much that isn't so." ---President Ronald Reagan
MericaBlog is the new joint Tumblr used by me and a couple friends.
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

Hey Caitie. I'll be praying for you.

Honestly, I can testament to the fact that getting close to God helps you. I've been a Christian most of my life, but I went through heavy depressions. Suicidal even. It went on for two years carefully hid under the skin. I remember. I was almost 12, and I went to camp. That week changed my life. It was a wake up call to get right with God. A week without distractions like internet, gaming, and all the other things that I used to distract myself from dealing with my core problems. When I came back from camp, I drew close to God, and my depression was stemmed back. I got rid of it after about a year. Never actually thought help from anyone. It knocks sometimes especially when I'm lonely. I rely on God to keep it back. God is a God of peace. That include that he wants your mind to be at peace. He will help you, if you let him.
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

Hey Caitie,
I just wanted to offer you some resources. If you feel suicidal or depressed there are many national suicide hotlines you can call where people trained to be there to listen and help you will answer the phone. 1-800-273-8255 is the main one.

Also don't be afraid to seek help! Depression is a real thing that involves delicate brain chemistry. Just like your body can get an infection that needs antibiotics, so your brain can need medicine or professional help it. This goes for things like depression as well as addiction! Whether you see a doctor for a prescription or you just see a therapist for talk therapy to help you work through emotions and give you the tools to deal with some of your issues, professional help is super important!! Please feel free to message me if you want any more information or if you even just want someone to talk with. I'm always available.

Know that you are cared for and loved and what you are experiencing is normal. You aren't alone and there are people who can help.

ETA: For what it's worth, the time in my life when I was most suicidal was also the time in my life when I felt closest to God. People who are devoted Christians deal with depression, addiction and suicidal ideations. People who are atheists deal with the same. So while belief in God can certainly aid some people, I would very much hesitate to say that if you be a better Christian your problems will be solved. Just like being a better Christian won't necessarily heal diabetes. Sometimes you still have to take insulin and see a doctor. There is nothing wrong with deepening your relationship with God. But if that area of your life has been neglected it does not mean it is the cause of what you are dealing with. This is not your fault.
Last edited by Kait on Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)