I'd appreciate prayer...

O the beauty of confuzzled-ness.

Share your prayer requests here.
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

I'd appreciate prayer...

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

I've been thinking about this more and more lately--and I still don't know what God wants me to do with my life. Since the end of high school isn't exactly far off, I'm getting rather worried. I would really appreciate it if you could pray for me, and that God would give me guidance about my future and such. Thanks!
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

I'll pray for you!
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

While I can't really relate with what you're going through, a lot of my friends are in the same exact position right now, and I know it's hard. :-( I don't think I'd stress out over it, Elf. God has a plan for you, and He knows better than you just how confused you are about all of this. He'll reveal things to you in His time.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

*is in the same place*

:pray: God, please be with Marie. Give her a clarity about her future and make it clear to her what YOUR plan is for her life God.
In Jesus' Name, Amen.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Mountain_Girl
Classic

Post by Mountain_Girl »

I'm also in that place.

PRAYING!

ImageImageImageImage
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Oh man, do I ever know how you feel (I've got just a few more weeks before I need to declare a major). But this isn't the first time I've been in something like this, and can confidently say that God will show you what to do in his own time. And of course, I shall be praying for you.
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

I know exactly how you feel, Elf. :yes:

You've definitely got my prayers. :)
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

I guess a lot of us are in the same boat.

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Yikes! I'm suddenly finding myself in the exact same place! :-( I know what God wants me to do with my life-- I'm just not sure how he wants me to go about getting there! I'm thinking about moving out of state THIS fall (rather than next fall) and going to a Christian university there instead of finishing nursing school here... It's not that I don't want to be a nurse, it's just that that's not my final destination, and the program is really competitive, and I don't want to keep someone who's dreamt of being a nurse for years and years from being one when I don't really need to be one (and I'm almost 100% positive I would be accepted; I currently have a 100 average and did extraordinarily well on the placement test, etc.). And my mom doesn't think I would do well under the pressure or that I'm the right 'target student' for the nursing program, and she's probably right. :-( It's targeted at adults who have kids and a full-time job and need money really badly.

Anyways, once I'm a CNA, I can always go back and get into the nursing program again... it would be easier when I'm younger, but I am having a hard time getting along with my mom lately, and I feel like I'm ready to be on my own for a while. And besides, I'm anxious to meet my future husband! ;-)

-Rachael
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

I am also going through the same thing (though I still have a year). I'll pray for you!
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
Hope
You like me! You really like me!
You like me! You really like me!

Post by Hope »

I have been in close to the same boat as Cowboy of Texas said. Where I have gone in circles thinking what he awnts me to do and how I will figure it out. I tend to think way to much and so I always get people praying for me. I will make sure that I pray for you as so many have for me.
ichthuz
My posts are revolutionary

Post by ichthuz »

God, please be with Marie. Give her a clarity about her future and make it clear to her what YOUR plan is for her life God.
In Jesus' Name, Amen.
Whoever voted for the Continental Breakfast Club should be taken outside and bea-- um.... shaken. - Continental Admiral
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Jonathan wrote:Oh man, do I ever know how you feel (I've got just a few more weeks before I need to declare a major). But this isn't the first time I've been in something like this, and can confidently say that God will show you what to do in his own time. And of course, I shall be praying for you.
Whoa. So my heads-a-swimmin' right now.

Techinically I'm still undeclared, but I'm working towards something now and have gotten registered for the fall semester ^_^

*feels so much better now*
Blipadouzi
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Blipadouzi »

Hey there Elf,

Here's a song I often listen to when I'm not sure why God hasn't answered me yet...I hope it brings you comfort in your prayer...and I will be praying for you.

The news came that Jesus, please come fast
Lazarus is sick and without your help he will not last
Mary and Martha watched their brother die
They waited for Jesus, He did not come, and they wondered why

The dead watch was over, berried four days
Somebody said "He'll soon be here, the Lord's on his way"
Martha ran to him and then she cried
"Lord if you had been here, You could have healed him,
He'd still been alive"

But You're, four days late, and all hope is gone
Lord we don't understand, why you waited so long
But his way is God's way, not yours or mine
And isn't it great, when he's four days late
He's till on time

Jesus said "Martha, show me the grave"
But she said "Lord, you don't understand,
He's been there four days"
The grave stone was rolled back
Then Jesus cried Lazarus come forth
Then somebody said "He's alright, he's alive"

You may be fighting a battle of fear
You cry to the Lord "I need you" But he has not appeared
Friend don't be discouraged 'Cause he's still the same
He'll soon be here, He'll roll back the stone
And he'll call out your name

When He's four days late, and all help is gone
Lord we don't understand, why you waited so long

But his ways are God's way, not yours or mine
And isn't it great, when he's four days late
He's still on time
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Well, I applied for the college I want to transfer to this fall and declared a major! Lord willling, I should be graduating with a BA in Intercultural Studies with an emphasis in Missiology in 2011! That's assuming I can get in... which hopefully I will. Now to send in my housing deposit.
Blipadouzi
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Blipadouzi »

Rachael wrote:Well, I applied for the college I want to transfer to this fall and declared a major! Lord willling, I should be graduating with a BA in Intercultural Studies with an emphasis in Missiology in 2011! That's assuming I can get in... which hopefully I will. Now to send in my housing deposit.
WOW...that sounds exciting...just one question. What is Missiology? I mean, I know I could probably Google it...but I'd rather hear it in your words. :D
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Missiology is the study of missions. I'm going to be a missionary. :-)
ichthuz
My posts are revolutionary

Post by ichthuz »

im a missionary.. when you graduate email me cuz my missions team is always looking for ppl to teach english and teach at the small school we have for mk's (i go there but i wont be in 2011)
Whoever voted for the Continental Breakfast Club should be taken outside and bea-- um.... shaken. - Continental Admiral
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

okay, neat. :-) I'm technically a missionary right now, too, I guess... I just don't have much official training or a degree in it.