Please pray!

Urgent prayer request!

Share your prayer requests here.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Please pray!

Post by Evil Chick »

I would like to ask all of you to pray for my friend right now! She's actually even a citizen of the ToO (Thankful), but she hasn't posted too much.

She became a Christian when she was in the States as a foreign exchange student about 4 or 5 years ago. She's the sweetest person I know, and she's a very dedicated and wonderful Christian.

Anyway, she's had a pretty rough year. Her grandma had a stroke about a year or so ago, and her grandpa is beginning to show signs of Alzheimers or something like that. Her aunt is a basketcase, and her mom has had a lot of health problems, which leaves her as the only person to hold the family together. (Her parents are divorced, and she doesn't have contact to her dad.)

All of this whole situation had just gotten better, when she and her mom found out this week that her mom has bad tumors in her stomach. The doctors said that they need to operate right away, and they don't give her much hope that she'll live through it.

None of her family except for her is saved, and her mom doens't want to hear anything about God.

Please, please pray for my friend! She has gone through so much already, and she really needs God's strength and wisdom and comfort right now!

Since her mom is unsaved and not open at all, it only makes the situation worse. Pray that her mom will get saved, or that God will spare her life.

Her mom will go to the hospital on Friday and the operation is scheduled for Monday.

If you would like to send her a little note of encouragement or just let her know that you're praying for her, I'm sure she'd really appreciate it. You can pm it to me, and I'll make sure that she gets it.

Thank you so much!
EC
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I'm praying. :)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

That is horrible, but I know that God knows what is going on, and has complete control. Let her know that I am praying for her and the family! :pray:
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I'm praying! :pray:
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

I too will be praying.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

How awful. *prays* :pray:

(Keep us posted, EC.)
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

In my prayers. :pray:
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

Ill pray.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

That's though. :(

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:That's though. :(

-Cowboy
Though? What do you mean? :-k
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I believe he meant, "That's tough." :)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Thank you all very much for your prayer so far! I talked to my friend today. Her mom went in for some tests yesterday, and now the doctors aren't even sure if they'll be able to operate, because the tumors are in such bad places. She also might have cancer in her oesophagus.

She did ask my friend to go to church with her tomorrow morning, since it could be the last time! My friend is very excited about this. Her mom has been going to a different church, but there are some men (this church doesn't have just one preacher) who really preach the gospel there. Please pray that one of those men will preach tomorrow morning, and that her mom will get saved!

I told her that you're praying for her, and she's very thankful! Please keep it up! I'll be going to her house on Monday to be with her so she won't be alone while her mom is at the hospital.

Also, they haven't told her grandparents or her aunt about any of this yet, but they have to soon, since her mom may not come back out of the hospital. Pray for wisdom in that situation!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Praying.
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

:pray:

I will be praying...my friend has had the same situation (cancer in her dad's throat, cancer in her mom)... but I know this must be *very* hard for your friend.

Will be praying.
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
Lucy Pevensie
sn33ky hobbitses
sn33ky hobbitses

Post by Lucy Pevensie »

I'm praying! :pray:
Need a nice signature/avatar set? Take a look at my shop! :)
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. John 6:37
Lucy is my twin Laura Ingalls = l33t ~*Robin Baggins/Respectahobbit*~
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

I'll pray! :pray:
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Thank you all again for your prayers! I was at my friends' house from Sunday night to Tuesday morning, which was probably really good for both of us. That way she wasn't alone the first day her mom was at the hospital.

Praise the Lord, the doctors now know that her mom does not have cancer in her oesophagus! It's only infected. So, they only need to worry about the tumors. Please continue to pray for that, though. The tumors are in a really bad place, and the doctors are now deciding whether they can operate, or if she should get chemo therapy.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Thanks for the update! :D *keeps praying*
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Good to hear she doesn't have cancer
Trent wrote:I believe he meant, "That's tough." :)
Yes, I did. Sorry for the confusion.

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Another update! Her mom is now at home, and the doctors decided to go ahead and operate. Her operation is scheduled for Monday.

Thank you all so much for your prayers, by the way. My friend is really so peaceful and doing very well under the circumstances. It's only because of God, and all of the prayers for her.