[ 3 posts ] 
 Post Post subject: Open Mic
Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:54 pm 
I post like Shadowpaw
"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."

Cash: 58.89
Bank: 0.00
Blog: View Blog (3)
Hey guys, I was just thinking that it would be really cool to have a topic where we can share with each other about what the Lord has been teaching us. I heard a speaker once that made the point that we should be sharing with others what we're being taught by God. He used the illustration of the dead sea and the sea of Galilee. The dead sea has an inlet of water, but no outlet; that's why is has the overabundance of salt and can't have any life (fish, etc.) As a contrast, the sea of Galilee has both an inlet of water and an outlet. This allows for a regulation of salt and life. Point being, we will have more growth spiritually when we are learning from God (our inlet) and turning around to share it with others (our outlet).

So to sum up, this is a topic where we can share what the Lord has been teaching us. I hope this can be an encouragement to us all!

I'll go ahead and share first.

I don't know about you, but when I look at myself, I see a lot of scars from past mistakes that brought me where I am today. I was reminded today that, when God looks at me, He sees scars too. Not my scars, but the scars of His Son. Scars that paid for each and every one of my mistakes.

Offline Profile Facebook  

Post Post subject: Re: Open Mic
Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:45 pm 
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin

Cash: 4,798.45
Bank: 1,958.31
What a nice idea, Brad. I've never heard that illustration before - interesting.

I love how God redeems our mistakes! :)

I've been reminded recently of how important it is to walk with God daily, and to spend regular time with God. Skipping just one day leads to more (at least for me) and it becomes a bad habit to not spend focused time with God. Little prayers during the day are great, but don't replace devotional time.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Open Mic
Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:22 am 
I guess I'll stick around
Jammin'

Cash: 554.95
Bank: 0.00
Blog: View Blog (1)
I already love this topic.

These past few weeks I've been reevaluating a lot of what I fill myself up with. From the television I watch to how many hours I spend on social media. Which was an unhealthy amount, I'll be honest. I guess I've been having some Ecclesiastes feelings lately concerning social media. Not that it's evil and if I'm on it at all I'm wasting my life, or no one should use it, :lol: but the insecurity and hopelessness I find in myself can't be fixed by referring to numbers or likes on a screen. That comparison thing is one of my downfalls, and God has helped me see these things don't matter.
I love coming on here and talkng to my friends, that's a little different I believe because we're actually having meaningful discussions and cheering each other on. I haven't been too faithful to the ToO, I'm sorry, and I'm trying to make it possible. To do that, I have to consider what is helpful and challenging, and that translates to dropping off some baggage, metaphorically, that is. Although cleaning my room wouldn't hurt. :lol:

Offline Profile E-mail  

[ 3 posts ]