Total votes : 3
 Post Post subject: 1 Thessalonians 3
Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:31 pm 
Whittier than you
Whittier than you
SnC. I miss you!

Cash: 778.70
Bank: 0.00

This passage is basically thanking the Thessalonians. Paul says that even though he (and his fellow believer with him) had to leave them and stay in Athens, he sent Timothy as a "follow-up" per se. It's always important that if we win some one to the Lord, we can't just give them a Bible and say "here, have a good life" and never get back to them. That would be almost useless. We have to disciple them, and teach them. Later, Paul mentions that he asked Timothy how they were doing and basically asking what's new. Timothy responds with "good tidings of your faith and charity, and that ye have good remembrance of us always, desiring greatly to see us, as we also [to see] you:" Paul is then overjoyed because that's the kind of growth and learning God wants. It greatly encourages Paul to keep working for the Lord. I know there are some pastors that quit because there is no spiritual growth at all in church. At the end of the passage, he says that he is praying for them to keep growing spiritually and that they will keep the influence they have.

I'm not necessarily sure when Monty will post, but I would like your guys' opinion. Do you like the studies so far? Remember, you can add to it. We won't stop you. In fact, we welcome the added insight.

I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.

#FOREVERKITTY

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject: Re: 1 Thessalonians 3
Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:46 pm 
I post like Shadowpaw

Cash: 1,256.36
Bank: 0.00
I only have a couple of things to add to that. The first, in verses three and four concerns the battle we are in as Christians. Paul knew and anticipated that he would be "afflicted" for his faith. Persecution by the world is certain for every Christian that lives what he/she has learned. The second thing I see is in verse 7. Paul says that he is comforted in his affliction by the Thessalonian's faith. Our testimony can edify and bring up not only nonbelievers, but encourage Christians going through hard times as well.

If you have any insights or comments whatsoever, please add them.

*Insert shameless plug*

Go here to get really cheap real life stuff! Do it now! Now being sold is an AIO Live disc set.

Offline Profile E-mail  

[ 2 posts ]