Trust: Sermon Notes

A place to discuss Scripture, spiritual life, and day-to-day issues.

Trust: Sermon Notes

Postby Bren » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:06 pm

Late last year my youth leader asked me to put together a little something for on of the nursing home services our youth group holds once a month. I've decided to share my notes from that sermon.

Trust
Proverbs 3:5-6
5: Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not to thine own understanding.

Definition: Trust is a firm belief in the reliability and strength of someone or something.
Things we trust:
• Transportation
• Electronics
• Job
• Law Enforcement

Psalms 118:8 It is better to put trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man.

The world is falling apart but we can trust God when nothing is going right.

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today, and forever

We can trust God because:
• Deuteronomy 31:6 He will never leave or forsake you
• Psalms 22:4 He will deliver us if we trust him
• He will provide our needs Psalms 37:25 Never seen righteous forsaken or seed begging bread. Philippians 4:19 My God shall provide all of your needs according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus
• He knows us and wants what is best for us Psalms 139:13 You formed me in my mothers womb. Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
• He died for our sins. If he would go through such agony for us then we can trust him with the little aspects of our life

6: In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Acknowledge in the Hebrew means to know him. In order to know God, we must have a relationship with him.

To have a relationship with God:
• Reading the Bible Psalms 119:11 Thy word have I hid in my heart that I might not sin against thee.
• Prayer: I Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing
• Fasting: Helps us get our mind off of food and other things to focus on God. It also looses the chains that bind us. Isaiah 58:6

Former Mayor x1
Bren

Cash on hand: 481.84
Bank: 0.00
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Bible Room