[ 1 post ] 
 Post Post subject: Weekly Devotionals w/ Kenric Rimoni
Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:31 pm 
I'm as fancy as Penguin!

Cash: 8.50
Bank: 75.14
Hey y'all! Since no one has been posting devotionals, I've decided to share one or two every week. All of them have been written by Elaine Egbert in her daily devotional book, "Nature in A Nutshell". And as this is a real book, all of it is © by Elaine Egbert and the Review & Herald Publishing Assn. Remember, these words are Mrs. Egbert's, not mine's, so please don't ask me questions about certain details. Thank you :)!
------
Title: Look Often!
------
Theme: Our relationship with God.
His Words: Daniel 6:10 <<-click to go to text.

------
Our dog, Molly, loves to run free when we hike in the mountains. She's a springer spaniel, a hunting dog with a superb sense of smell. So she'll race back and forth across the path and up and down the hillsides with her nose to the ground, following every interesting scent.

Sometimes she'll stop to roll in the leaves. Other times she'll poke her nose into a hole and sniff loudly.

There's one thing, though, that Molly doesn't forget. No matter how fast and hard she plays, she stops often to check on where we are.

If she's seperated from, us for too long, just a glimpse of us isn't enough-she must return for petting and reassurance. She understands that she needs us, and that without us she'd be lost.

Daniel knew the importance of looking often to God. The king had issued a decree that anyone who prayed to any god or human other than himself would be thrown into the lions' den. But this is what Daniel did: "...Three times a day he got down on his knees and prayed, giving thanks to his God, just as he had done before."

Daniel wanted to make sure he stayed on the pathway that God wanted him to walk. We need God just as much as Daniel did. So this uear let's look to Him often.

MISSION: Several times a day-wherever you are-pray silently to God. Tell Him what's on your heart. Then watch for the ways He'll guide and encourage you.

------
Well, I hope you enjoyed it! :D

Offline Profile Facebook  

[ 1 post ]