Devotions - Monday, June 5th, 2006

Will You Glorify Him Today?

A place to discuss Scripture, spiritual life, and day-to-day issues.

Devotions - Monday, June 5th, 2006

Postby Blipadouzi » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:33 am

Reading: Psalm 101, Psalm 103, Psalm 108; John 15

Good morning Church,

"My God is so big, so strong and so mighty, there's nothing my God cannot do." A children's chorus but words to live by; words rooted in the truth of God's Word and testified by millions of believers. But is it a truth you are willing to live today?

Sometimes it takes a strong determination to set our face towards God. We need to remember always that we live in a vile world where evil desires to rule in everyone's heart. Everywhere we turn ungodly things are being lifted up and it gets harder to avert our eyes, or block our ears and before we know it these things have become "normal" to us.

I will be careful to lead a blameless life-
when will you come to me?
I will walk in my house
with blameless heart.
I will set before my eyes no vile thing.
The deeds of faithless men I hate;
they will not cling to me.
Men of perverse heart shall be far from me;
I will have nothing to do with evil. (Psalm 101:2-4)

We must ask ourselves each day whom we wish to serve? This is the kind of determination we need, where we actually feel hatred toward evil and set our hearts on dwelling with God's people. And why wouldn't we want to? There is none like our God. There is none like Jesus Christ. The Father pours out his compassions, mercies and grace upon us each day. The Spirit brings his bountiful blessings all day long. We have to learn not to limit these blessings. We have to accept that the Father wants to lavishly pour them out on us:

Praise the LORD, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits-
who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,
who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's. (Psalm 103:2-5)

I love verse five. He satisfies our desires with good things. This is the promise that is given again and again. I claim it for myself today because I long for the second part of it; "so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's". His blessings regenerate my hope so that I am filled with new energy, new determination and I take flight once again to fly with the eagles; full of energy. For a person like me this is of greater worth than gold.

Sometimes we look at this and ask ourselves why? I certainly do not deserve it. I have earned nothing from God except his wrath. I am one of the worse worshippers he has. Well, stop up your mouth if this is what you say to yourself and accept that he does not see you this way. He sees your repentant heart, he knows your longing for him and his response is a response of love. Besides, the blessings and prosperity are not about you; its all about him:

If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples. (John 15:7-8)

Allow me to remind you again, the Father wants you to succeed. He desires to give you all good things to enable you to succeed. Your success brings him glory. Read it again and understand it; your success brings him glory. When you fail to receive from him you are robbing the Father of his glory. It is what we were talking about yesterday. Get that set in you mentality, your success brings the Father glory.

You have a choice today; will you focus on the vile things of this world and be drawn away from Jesus, or, will you set your face toward God and receive from him his benefits? It is the difference of robbing the glory from the LORD or glorifying him lavishly. To God be the glory great things he has done! "My God is so big, so strong and so mighty, there's nothing my God cannot do."
Catspaw knows all
Blipadouzi

Cash on hand: 0.00

Return to Bible Room