Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 82 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post Post subject: Looking back at Gabe's Posts
Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:28 pm 
I post like Shadowpaw

Cash: 45.68
Bank: 8.85
In this type of situation (sudden ooh realization), it’s often very interesting to go back and look at what you missed. An example would be Ted Dekker’s Circle Trilogy books (I’m about a third into Red). Of course, no one was supposed to find out Gabriel Dragsack’s identity until now, but now we can view his past posts in a new light. Anyways, I found some references to Regis Blackgaard’s love of cats, his brother Edwin, evilness, and more!

Gabriel Dragsack wrote:
I do love cats! Do you have any cool cat avvies I could use?

And thanks! I've received three pm's already. Man, it certainly is nice to be welcome like this!

People just keep donating me money! Maybe I'll be a terrorist sooner than I thought! :twisted:

Gabriel Dragsack wrote:
Snake Blackgaard wrote:
It seems our new friend knows his AIO. ;)

That is what brought me to this board in the first place! I stopped following Odyssey back in 1995, though there was a brief stint a few years later that didn't last long. My younger brother stuck with it though, but I don't see much of him anymore. :noway:

However, this town has sparked my interest once again. I haven't felt this alive in ages! O:)

Gabriel Dragsack wrote:
My brother is really into Phantom of the Opera, as well as pretty much any Andrew Lloyd Webber thing. He's also into Shakespeare. Go figure! :-$

As for me, I have very little interest. :anxious:

Gabriel Dragsack wrote:
The White Witch! :inlove:

Evil, sure. But sooooo beautiful!

Gabriel Dragsack wrote:
James Bond is great!! I love everything about being a spy.:yes:
Does anyone else feel the same way? :-k

Gabriel Dragsack wrote:
How can anyone not like Regis Blackgaard! He's the best villain evah! :prop:

And one from Dan's post in the stickied thread:
DanP740 wrote:
This is one of his early posts:
Quote:
Richard betrayed his boss and he probably betrayed Jellyfish at some point in prison too. I hate betrayals Brick wall . It tears people apart.

Yeah right.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:30 pm 
We love you StrongNChrist
<3

Cash: 13.72
hmmm... interesting!

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:35 pm 
Miss Whit's End
Happily married to the love of my life :inlove:

Cash: 10.42
Bank: 0.00
That's really interesting, Itaque!

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:43 pm 
I love the \:D/ smiley
Nostalgic

Cash: 0.80
Bank: 75.00
Blog: View Blog (1)
Hmm. I wonder if his posts will come in handy in the future. It really is too bad that Rachel just left. She'd have loved Regis taking over Odyssey.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:45 pm 
I was here from the beginning
Dreaming of you...

Cash: 2.62
Bank: 28.20
I knew that there was something about him that bugged me from the first PM he responded to. :anxious:

-Cowboy

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:47 pm 
We love you StrongNChrist
<3

Cash: 13.72
What was it pray tell?

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject: Re: Looking back at Gabe's Posts
Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:51 pm 
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin

Cash: 5,103.47
Bank: 1,958.31
Gabriel Dragsack wrote:
Snake Blackgaard wrote:

That is what brought me to this board in the first place! I stopped following Odyssey back in 1995, though there was a brief stint a few years later that didn't last long. My younger brother stuck with it though, but I don't see much of him anymore. :noway:

Okay, I nearly died laughing reading through these posts! Thanks, Itaque! This quote that I quoted is my favourite - I'm sure that I read this back when it was posted, and other people would have too, but now it seems so, so obvious that we should have suspected something! :mad:

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:06 pm 
Jehoshaphat Rocks!

Cash: 0.00
I knew it! I knew it! AUGHHH ever since he didn't like my avvy!

dude, those quotes are surreal.

>John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.<
How dare I call this love and not bear my cross to the end.

Offline Profile  

Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:45 pm 
I love the ToO!

Cash: 1,016.17
Bank: 0.00
Catspaw wrote:
Gabriel Dragsack wrote:
Snake Blackgaard wrote:

Okay, I nearly died laughing reading through these posts! Thanks, Itaque! This quote that I quoted is my favourite - I'm sure that I read this back when it was posted, and other people would have too, but now it seems so, so obvious that we should have suspected something! :mad:

I just read his intro thread last night!!! And that post did sound a bit strange to me...but I never thought he was an NPC! He seemed like he had such a real personality, you know what I mean?

Kinda scary if you think about it... :anxious:

Jeremy

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:45 pm 
darcietastical
darcietastical
Nothing to see here.

Cash: 159.09
Yeah, I did always find it interesting that he said he'd lurked since December... I lurked for about a month and had to give in and join! Lurking for months like that would be near impossible. :noway:

"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon

Offline Profile E-mail Facebook  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:49 pm 
I spam the HH. A lot

I actually thought he was an NPC for the longest time....I have no clue why. Like, not suspicious of him, just plain blondness. :anxious: It was weird....I think it was his s/n, it just sounded like an NPC type name. Of course, once I finally realized he 'was' an actually user, it never entered my head that he wasn't. :(

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:07 pm 
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Cash: 776.38
Bank: 53,459.96
Incredible. Simply incredible. I cannot say anything about all this (these quotes and http://thetoo.com/viewtopic.php?t=10929&postorder=asc) except.....incredible....simply incredible.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:10 pm 
ion cannon ready
has been taken by a fey mood!

Cash: 3.48
Bank: 123.95
Blog: View Blog (1)
Gabriel wrote:
Ohhhhhhhhh I hate needles. ](*,)
I was once given a needle and got really, really, really sick (terminally!). :mecry: So sick that I don't think I can give blood anymore, even if I wanted to!

Gabriel wrote:
The Town of Odyssey isn't an average message board, it was designed to be a virtual town. But the board has stopped being innovative. That's one of the reasons why I'm running for mayor: To restore that kind of creative thinking. By working together, under my leadership, we can return the Town of Odyssey to its former glory and build a community that's the envy of the internet! :yes:

"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:10 pm 
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin

Cash: 5,103.47
Bank: 1,958.31
I skimmed through all the his posts today, and I nearly died laughing, and then nearly died again from slapping myself for all the hints that we missed! That comments about how he's a real-life twin, his repeated references to his former cat and how much he likes cats, a post about how his dream used to be to run for the mayor of the Town (town) of Odyssey, saying he would like to run Whit's End and check out the tunnel, posts about how he hasn't felt this alive in ages, the pic he posted of himself from a while ago that was a skull with a black hood on...when you combine all the different clues from the assorted posts, it's amazing that nobody was at least a bit suspicious as to Gabriel's real identity!

EDIT: Sonuna's posts are good examples, too! I just thought that he was pathetic when he said that he had been terminally ill before! And the Blackgaard quote that was edited to apply to the ToO is sheer genius! \:D/

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:20 pm 
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Cash: 776.38
Bank: 53,459.96
Incredible...simply incredible...But ingenious as well I must admit.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:39 pm 
The Council is GREAT!
figuring everything out - YAY

Cash: 67.18
Bank: 578.00
Dont forget his post about going to the doctors and being REALLY sick but is now MUCH better. :roll:

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:46 pm 
I spam the HH. A lot

Pretty sure this was the funniest post ever:

Quote:
Gabe's reply to the How do you laugh thread

Gabriel Dragsack wrote:
Deep and maniacal! :lolsign:

Don't ask me why, it just was. :anxious:

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:20 pm 
Jehoshaphat Rocks!

How could we miss it #-o . Shadowpaw must be cracking up right now. I tell ya, it truely is genious. Amazing. :thud:

>John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.<
How dare I call this love and not bear my cross to the end.

Offline Profile  

Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:36 pm 
I post like Shadowpaw

Cash: 45.68
Bank: 8.85
Gabriel Dragsack wrote:
I'm afraid I only have time to take over one board at a time. :sniff:

Gabriel Dragsack wrote:
I would do everything in my power to obtain a cure, if at all possible. :doubt: If that failed, I would make arrangements with friends to come and retrieve my body, once the technology was available, and have them revive me! :shocking: While I wait to be revived, I'd try to find a way to torment my enemies from the grave! :mad:

The way the personality was developed...the over emoticon-using, the posting before thinking, the overeagerness to be mayor, the seeming n00bishness...very well done.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:40 pm 
I'm as fancy as Penguin!

Cash: 22.25
I agree. The gradual progression of time it took to develop Gabe as a user and have him run for Mayor is truly impressive. I still cannot believe it! :shock:

Trinarius is back. Kind of.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 82 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next