Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 457 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:57 pm 
Former Mayor

Cash: 55.12
Bank: 962.00
Lucy Pevensie wrote:
In a way, I can understand why they feel frustrated. Nothing is really going on in the story arc, and Regis still has the town under his control.

Except for the fact that he's locked two boards. :(

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:04 pm 
sn33ky hobbitses
sn33ky hobbitses

Cash: 2.50
Trent DeWhite wrote:
Lucy Pevensie wrote:
In a way, I can understand why they feel frustrated. Nothing is really going on in the story arc, and Regis still has the town under his control.

Except for the fact that he's locked two boards. :(

It feels as if there could be more going on... Besides, how long is this situation going to stay?

"EDIT::

Complaints will NOT be tolerated." :p :D

>_>

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:20 pm 
Why am I even here?

Cash: 0.00
Lucy Pevensie wrote:
Actually, I've seen several people get angry at the situation and post less/even consider leaving because this story arc seems so long. In a way, I can understand why they feel frustrated. Nothing is really going on in the story arc, and Regis still has the town under his control.

Perhaps this is directly related to the fact we simply have not done enough to overthrow this tyrannical dictator?

We've focused on the how's and the what's, but we have not yet focused on the why's of our predicament. Why did Mr. Blackgaard return? Why did he select a small group of police force members, instead of a much larger (and thus more efficient) law enforcement organization? For that matter, why did he select the individuals he did? Why did Glossman shut down the Harlequin Theatre for 24 hours and now Blackgaard's Castle? Why does Mr. Blackgaard seem like he is preoccupied with alternative activities rather than governing this town? And how do all of these events tie into the death of Margaret Faye and the related timeline that was stolen by Philip Glossman?

Truly, these are the questions we must ponder as a community.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:23 pm 
sn33ky hobbitses
sn33ky hobbitses

Cash: 2.50
Awesome, Eugene! I guess we weren't really thinking much about that (Well, at least I wasn't) at present... What IS Regis doing?

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:30 pm 
Former Mayor

Cash: 55.12
Bank: 962.00
Lucy Pevensie wrote:
What IS Regis doing?

You asked another "what"question. :shame:

Okay, seriously now. Dr. Blackgaard cared so much about Odyssey that he went to great lengths to get elected into office. Then he selected only a small company of members for his police force. He clearly seems preoccupied with something else, as he's only posted whenever someone spams. :roll: Is there something bigger he has planned for "Regisville"? :boohoo:

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:39 pm 
I'm finally not a No0b

You all are way to into this...yikes...

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:40 pm 
We love you StrongNChrist
<3

Cash: 13.72
Eugene Meltsner wrote:
Lucy Pevensie wrote:
Actually, I've seen several people get angry at the situation and post less/even consider leaving because this story arc seems so long. In a way, I can understand why they feel frustrated. Nothing is really going on in the story arc, and Regis still has the town under his control.

Perhaps this is directly related to the fact we simply have not done enough to overthrow this tyrannical dictator?

We've focused on the how's and the what's, but we have not yet focused on the why's of our predicament. Why did Mr. Blackgaard return? Why did he select a small group of police force members, instead of a much larger (and thus more efficient) law enforcement organization? For that matter, why did he select the individuals he did? Why did Glossman shut down the Harlequin Theatre for 24 hours and now Blackgaard's Castle? Why does Mr. Blackgaard seem like he is preoccupied with alternative activities rather than governing this town? And how do all of these events tie into the death of Margaret Faye and the related timeline that was stolen by Philip Glossman?

I didn't understand a thing you just said but it sounded nice!

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:01 pm 
Dungeon Master

Cash: 61.30
Bank: 933.17
Flyah wrote:
You all are way to into this...yikes...

Only some of us. And playing along sure beats some of the alternatives, which you campaigned against when Bennet took over.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:11 pm 
slow thinking occurs
slow thinking occurs

Cash: 0.93
Eugene Meltsner wrote:
Lucy Pevensie wrote:

See, I've been pondering these questions for a while now. Could Regis be secretly placing certain posts in threads that have to do with spamming and such in the forums that he has locked? Or is there something deeper? Could it be that he just wants members to do his bidding? Maybe he picked Whit's End and the Harlequin Theater because they, at one point or another, had Whit in control of the building?

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:12 pm 
100% Kosher
100% Kosher

I think He chose the mods he did because he does not think they will pay attention to what he is doing. He is doing something, and trying to get our attention elsewhere. I posted in the mod board, and Philip Glossman Was very direct to say there are PLENTY of mods. I was like ooooooooooook. I dont know. He is obviously doing something with the threads...I just dont know what, Possibly looking for something, Or someone...

Ry

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:18 pm 
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Cash: 57.68
Bank: 0.00
Blog: View Blog (4)
Whit has controlled the Harlequin?!?

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:22 pm 
slow thinking occurs
slow thinking occurs

Cash: 0.93
DanP740 wrote:

Eh, maybe I was mistaken. But, correct me if I'm wrong, didn't he have something to do with Edwin getting the theater?

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:34 pm 
ion cannon ready
has been taken by a fey mood!

Cash: 3.48
Bank: 123.95
Blog: View Blog (1)
Katherine Doyle wrote:
DanP740 wrote:

Eh, maybe I was mistaken. But, correct me if I'm wrong, didn't he have something to do with Edwin getting the theater?

While he helped Edwin out a great deal in the latter's first episode, I don't think that he was ever controlling the Harlequin...

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:39 pm 
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster
in the smoke of rank and file

Cash: 1.02
Blog: View Blog (8)
Eugene Meltsner wrote:
Lucy Pevensie wrote:

But the question as to why Blackgaard hates ham ...!!!

Blackgaard hates Whit. Whit loves ham. Therefore Blackgaard hates ham.
...I can think of no other 'why' answers except these...

Blackgaard hates Whit, and wants to take over Odyssey so he can prove he's better than Whit.

Blackgaard dislikes anyone who would be against him - the more mods he has that may disapprove of his actions, the less risky it is. Not that each mod agrees with ALL of Regis' actions, but.

The individuals may be more prone to overreacting and etc (like Regis, at points), just because they're rather new at moderating - I am the only veteran mod.

I have no clue as to what Regis is up to with Harlequin or his Castle... but theoretically Finneman's is next. And it's in McCallister, not Gower's Road...

Blackgaard may be...uh... banning ham with his spare time. ;)

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:10 pm 
I post like Shadowpaw

I think he's doing it all to kill Odyssey. Notice, people have become angry and are leaving/not posting. Notice, he shut down Halequin Theater and other forums, as well as having Hassan blow up many others. He became the mayor, enforces strict and ridiculous rules, imprisons people, and makes the site dark.

All of these actions do one thing, hurt Odyssey. I think the why of it all is to kill it.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:13 pm 
The Original EK
The Original EK

Cash: 28,902.77
Bank: 192.84
Blog: View Blog (5)
Why would he take over a town just to destroy it? There's no point. Theres got to be a deeper reason...something with the TA-418 and Ruku, I think hes searching the forums to find something...somewhere related to Rukuta.

Offline Profile Facebook  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:20 pm 
ion cannon ready
has been taken by a fey mood!

Cash: 3.48
Bank: 123.95
Blog: View Blog (1)
If in his two former bases of operation, I would understand. However, if he continues towards Finneman's...
Unless there's some sort of more fundamental pattern we're missing.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:33 pm 
Jehoshaphat Rocks!

When Blackgaard first closed the Harlequin, I wrote down the current number of topics and posts in the forum. After reopening it, I compared it to the "new" total to see if something was missing or added. The forum was short both one topic and one post, which I figured to be Glossman's "Closed until further notice" message. So, unless he did something to an individual topic or post without deleting them, nothing was changed. I've now written down the totals for Blackgaards Castle as well. If something happens in this forum, or in any forum in the future, I want to know about it. But who knows, he may not change anything at all. But what might he be looking for, and why does he need to shut the forums down in order to find it?

Quote:
And how do all of these events tie into the death of Margaret Faye and the related timeline that was stolen by Philip Glossman?

Hey, do you think there might be clues from that time of Margaret Faye's death that could help us? I had forgotten that they might be connected.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:50 pm 
Catspaw knows all

Cash: 3.00
If this current pattern continues, than Finniman's Market may be closed tomorrow.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:50 pm 
The Council is GREAT!

Cash: 7.52
Perhaps this isn't even a clone of Blackgaard. Or if it is, he's only a puppet.

Kind of a body double of sorts, perhaps he's trying to find whatever will make him completely whole. That's why Glossman is shutting down forums for 24 hours, he's searching for whatever might put Humpty Dumpty together again.

We have to find the pieces before he does.
This might explain the wierd Olivia scene and his odd Mod behavior.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 457 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next