Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post Post subject: The Story Thus Far...
Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:11 pm 
I got this...

Cash: 0.00
Ok guys, to help us figure out the facts, I've put this little brief summary together:

Shortly after Bennett Charles took over the Town of Odyssey, Margaret Faye went missing -- a very strange turn of events. In July of 2005, Shadowpaw contacted at least three individuals (Pinky, Philip Glossman and "Secret Informant") about an opportunity:

Shadowpaw wrote:
Hello!

I'm the founder of this board and would like to welcome you to the Town of Odyssey! I have a favor to ask of you, but we must keep it between us. I have the ability to generate board money and will reward you hansomly if you choose to accept my offer. Are you interested in discussing my idea? I have a feeling a man of your position would be very willing to assist me and you would quickly rise through the ranks of the ToO. It's a long term project however, and I don't believe the results of our labour will be visible for possibly another year. Please consider and let me know, but under no circumstances discuss this with anyone else.

A week later, Blackgaard's DNA went missing from the store and was given to Philip Glossman. Around this same time, the Odyssey Bank was robbed and several people were thrown into prison (myself included) before being released for questioning. After all the questions were finished, Glossman made off with my AREM account as well as the DNA. Things were quite for a long time, until Margaret Faye started contacting members of this board with strange messages indicating that "he's on and will find me." Then, Bennett Charles was released from prison and started a covert group called "Mac Lovers" to try and over throw Shadowpaw. He indicated he had information that Shadowpaw was up to something and had met someone in prison who was willing to help us out. This is where Secret Informant appeared, revealing what Shadowpaw had told him. When Shadowpaw discovered this faction, he shut it down and locked it, preventing any further discussion from taking place.

During this time, Gabriel Dragsack joined the board. He started making bold claims, insisting he would be the next mayor and recrutiing people to his side. But he frequently discussed how sick he was, something that some people noticed while others didn't. Well, out of the blue, this Davari Hassan character appears, claming to be a Red Scorpion and kidnaps a lot of people, three of which held the Ruku Virus and TA-418 compound. After a ransom was paid, he released everyone but those three: JesusFreak777, Catspaw, Me. They refused to give in to his demands and he executed Margaret Faye, who was revealed to be a prisoner of his. In her Last Will and Testament, Faye lead the board down a path indicating that Shadowpaw was evil and behind something terrible. To prove this, she had hidden a timeline in an abandoned account that would help the board stop whatever it was that was going to happen. When this abandoned account turned out to be Eagle Eye, Shadowpaw's brother, Philip Glossman intervened and stole the timeline. All was lost. The next day, Project D.O.L.L.Y. appeared in the stock market.

Things were quiet until the election when Davari announced he was running for mayor. In the week leading up to the election, a series of clones started appearing that appeared to be clones of other members. Regis revealed in his takeover that these clones were harvests for organs to reconstruct himself. They were scheduled for termination and no longer of any use to him, so they were dispacted for destruction. They were then gentically modified to reflect the police force members, so that they could work themselves onto each board and stickify bombs to be detonated. The bombs started going off, and Davari announced he was going to destroy every board until the items were given to him. 2 more were detonated before Glossman appeared an negotiated a release for the items. Fenix had purchased TA-418 from Catspaw and gave it to Glossman (one can only assume at the reqest of Gabriel), and Me did the same. Glossman than requested that Davari step down, indicating that Davari was working for Glossman. Davari refused and activated ALL the bombs. Fortunately most were deactivated and the crisis was averted. A few days later, Gabriel Dragsack announces he has received a clean bill of health from his doctor and he's ready for the election.

But things weren't over. Davari's campaign funds were pulled and he was forced to leave the election. He was then found murdered a few days before the vote. In a stunning twist, Gabriel and Fenix win the election based on a tie breaking vote cast by Shadowpaw, and Gabriel reveals himself to be Dr. Regis Blackgaard. Dr. Blackgaard takes control of every facet of the board, including the title: Regisville. He then selects a small team to help him run the board, though he's clearly preoccupied with other things. Philip Glossman then announces that the Harlequin Theatre will be shut down for 24 hours. The next day, Blackgaard's Castle is shut down. Today, Finneman's market is shut down.

And that there is the story so far. With it, we can try and figure out our next move. Everything that's happened is related in some way. But surely, Blackgaard's not interested in being mayor. He wasn't years ago and he isn't now. He's got something else up his sleeve and if we can't figure it out, well, it might be too late. If we go over the threads I linked to, look for messages the people involved have posted and try to piece together something, maybe we still have a hope!

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:15 pm 
I don’t know what I’m doing!

Wow all that happened here! Just how exactly? ](*,)

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:17 pm 
Международный экспертный центр 8(800)20002-79

Cash: Locked
Bank: Locked
Thanks Richard! \:D/

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:25 pm 

I know who Regis is and Richard but this Shadowpaw doesnt sound like the nicest user, am I not getting something here? I m lost. :sick:

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:26 pm 

Just double post and your life will be a little simpler. ;)

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:28 pm 

Nigel wrote:
Just double post and your life will be a little simpler. ;)

Whats double post?

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:29 pm 

PM Shadowpaw and ask him. :-

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:31 pm 
darcietastical
darcietastical
Nothing to see here.

Cash: 159.09
Nigel, be nice to the newbie! :)

Wow, ok I totally missed the part about Eagle Eye being Shadowpaw's brother :anxious:

Thanks for the recap Richard!

Offline Profile E-mail Facebook  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:40 pm 
I post like Shadowpaw

And I just showed up for the climax. When things started to get really confusing.

So what do you suggest we do now? Phillip Glossman seems to be one facet of this thing that is pretty key, he has the timeline, which would give us all the answers. This is just too weird.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:26 pm 
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Cash: 57.68
Bank: 0.00
Blog: View Blog (4)
WHAT is the TIMELINE!?!?

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:35 pm 
darcietastical
darcietastical
Nothing to see here.

Timeline = schedule of events

In this case Margaret Faye had learned what was about to happen and hid a timeline of the upcoming events in the Eagle Eye account. She hid it there for us to find and stop it from happening, but we were unable to get to it before Glossman. (Correct me if I am wrong here, Richard :anxious: )

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:09 pm 
Jehoshaphat Rocks!

Well, out of boredom I began the tedious process of reading through some of the old story arcs that I wasn't around for, including Margaret Faye's Last Will and Testament. Itaque posted a PM that Glossman left on the Eagle Eye account. It basically explained what Darcie just said. Glossman also left this riddle:

Philip Glossman wrote:
You were too slow to get here in time.
The secrets were lost, hiding our crime.
You've nothing to do, till the sheep comes back.
Rising to the top and turning things black.

I just realized that this arc is what Glossman was talking about!

You were too slow to get here in time.
The secrets were lost, hiding our crime.

This merely recapped the story arc that had just ended.

You've nothing to do, till the sheep comes back.
The "sheep" was Regis, or, more accurately, Gabriel as a "wolf in sheep's clothing." We couldn't do anything to stop the bad guys until Regis returned.

Rising to the top and turning things black.
Obviously, Regis rose to the top (not only the Town Mayor, but the Town Founder as well) and he turned things black, both figuratively and literally.

So, the final riddle of Margaret's has been solved. I don't see how this can help us, though... :-k

Last edited by Applesauce on Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:10 pm 

All we've concluded is that Blackgaard was coming back to rule over us. :mecry:

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:13 pm 
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank
just realized that she has a status to write in...ooOOoohh

Cash: 0.52
Bank: 207.88
Wow, that definitely describes everything......simplifying it- yet it becomes more complicated.... :-k

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:28 pm 
I spam the HH. A lot

But things can only stay black for so long, right? When a storm comes, it only lasts a while. The sun always comes out.
We just need to figure out how to "coax the sun to come out".

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:32 pm 
Former Mayor

Cash: 55.12
Bank: 962.00
Thanks for the analysis, Applesauce. It definitely makes a lot more sense now, looking back in retrospect. As you said, though, it really doesn't help us right now. :( However, now that Finneman's Market has been re-opened (and Glossman said they'd completed their work), I'm wondering if that in itself is a clue. Unlike the previous two locked boards, this one was re-opened before the 24 hour period. Does this mean, as some have already suggested, that they have found what they were looking for? The only logical thing I can think of is the mineral-- I forget what it's called-- that they were looking for in the DBD saga.

Nigel wrote:
All we've concluded is that Blackgaard was coming back to rule over us. :mecry:

Gotta admire that optimism. =D>

Karin Doyle wrote:
But things can only stay black for so long, right? When a storm comes, it only lasts a while. The sun always comes out.

Nice metaphor, Karin. :D

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:37 pm 
Name Eater

Cash: 6.49
unfortunately, I'm not really familiar with AIO, otherwise I might be able to see something. :(

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:39 pm 
We love you StrongNChrist
<3

Cash: 13.72
Karin Doyle wrote:

".... the sun come out, tommorow.... bet your bottom...."

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject: Re: The Story Thus Far...
Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:52 pm 
darcietastical
darcietastical
Nothing to see here.

Richard Maxwell wrote:
And that there is the story so far. With it, we can try and figure out our next move. Everything that's happened is related in some way. But surely, Blackgaard's not interested in being mayor. He wasn't years ago and he isn't now. He's got something else up his sleeve and if we can't figure it out, well, it might be too late. If we go over the threads I linked to, look for messages the people involved have posted and try to piece together something, maybe we still have a hope!
OK, Richard said to go over the threads that were linked to... and it seems like he's trying to tell us that there's a good amount of evidence there to figure something out. So... let's see what we can find!

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:53 pm 

I don't know what to look for. #-o I read through some of them and it doesn't mean anything to me.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next