Top and EB Appreciation Thread

Tell them how much you are thankful for them here! :)

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Top and EB Appreciation Thread

Post by Evil Chick »

Now that Top and EB's time as Mayor and CoP in our lovely town is almost up, I think it's appropriate for us as citizens to express our thanks to them for the wonderful job they did for us here.

I'll start:

Top and EB, although I didn't vote for you (;)), I am still very thankful for all of the work you put into the ToO. You truely made it a better place! Thank you for everything you did for us! We couldn't have asked for a better first Mayor and CoP to help us get this place started correctly!
Last edited by Evil Chick on Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Lucy Pevensie
sn33ky hobbitses
sn33ky hobbitses

Post by Lucy Pevensie »

I didn't vote for you either, but you guys did a GREAT job in office! Thanks for all you did for this town.(Most of it was entertaining us :anxious: )
Need a nice signature/avatar set? Take a look at my shop! :)
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. John 6:37
Lucy is my twin Laura Ingalls = l33t ~*Robin Baggins/Respectahobbit*~
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

Top, you're without doubt the grooviest mayor this town has ever had. (Hmm...wait a minute...) And one of the grooviest it ever will have. I really respect how you handled the countless problems that came up during these months.

EB! To echo Top's words(and slightly change the words), you were the first police chief and, will always be in my heart, the best police chief this board has ever had. It was great working with you, Chief. *salutes*
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

Top and EB, you guys are without doubt two of the best admins that this town will ever have. I consider you both excellent friends, and am gald to have gotten to know you better through your time as Mayor and CoP.

EB, your creativity literally knows no bounds. I always know I can trust you to come up with a humurous and unique idea that noone else will discover. You have done a good job of applying your personality, creativity, and passion to the task of CoP. Now that your time has ended, I am honestly very excited to seeing what great things you accomplish, without the baggage of the CoP. You are doing great things for everything around you. That's why I like you, EB. Never give up.

Top, you are without doubt the most stylish man that I am aware of that has ever taken office. Your outgoing, exceedingly randomly creative personality has made you an encouragement to everyone. One of the things I have discovered over the 4 or 5 years that I have gotten to know you is that you possess a far greater wisdom and sensitivity than is at first apparent. Being able to balance such various aspects of one's personality is no simple task. Top, you are a friend and blessing to nearly everyone. You have encouraged (and entertained) me numerous times. Thank you. You are a blessing. Never back off.

All in all, you both have more style than pretty much anybody. You make a great team, and you add a whole lot to this town. Thank you for the time you served.

Solie Deo Gloria,

David O
Not dead yet.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

The Top Crusader and Eugene Blackgaard, you guys were awesome beyond comprehension. Weve had lots of fun over these past months weve laughed and have been random but also have gotten down to the important issues when needed. Top your awesome just for being so....top-ish, and EB is so fluffedy and huggable (kidding, kidding) Top and EB have really fueled my creativity especiall with those hour long MSN convos ;) .
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I'll echo what everyone else has said (since I'm not good at writing sentimental stuff), though I'm disappointed I missed most of it (another reason I'm echoing).

Thanks for a great job.

-Jonathan
Me
An original

Post by Me »

You guys were great. Thanks for a wonderfully insane 4 months.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Top and EB: You guys have made this place really fun! Thanks for all the name changes and other fun stuff you did! I just realized that we won't have name changes anymore... ](*,). I voted for you all, and I am glad I did! You served our town really well, and I am sad to see you go! I hope that you don't ever leave the ToO! You would be greatly missed! Thanks so much!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Voting for Top and EB was the best thing I ever did! \:D/ I have thoroughly enjoyed the pandemodium that has ensued ever since you guys became our esteemed mayor and chief of police! :D I appreciate the time and effort that the two of you, together with Shadowpaw, have put into the ToO!

Being the first admins of an active message board must have been more challenging than you let on, but you managed to make it fun the whole 4 months! Thanks so much to both Top and EB - I look forward to the future that can be built on thegreat foundation that has been laid! \:D/

Top, you'll always be the best, whether you're in a position of power or not! :inlove:

EB - the Blackgaard regime has appreciated your efforts. Long live Regis! ;)
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

AIOFan11 wrote:I just realized that we won't have name changes anymore... ](*,).
That's what you think... ;)

Moderation in all things.
Not dead yet.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

"You two make a good curry.... what? They didn't make this? Oh, never mind then."
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

David O wrote:
AIOFan11 wrote:I just realized that we won't have name changes anymore... ](*,).
That's what you think... ;)

Moderation in all things.
We will! *Runs around yelling "More name changes! More!"*
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

change my name!!!! :anxious:
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

Y'all were awesome these four months! I'm still thankful to Brian/Top for bringing my attention back to the board after I'd forgotten about it! I was really more of an observer to all the crazy stuff going on, but I throughly enjoyed it all the same!
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

you guys were great admins!! and a great choice for mayor and cop!!
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Thank you both.
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

Aww... :grouphug:

Folks, it's been a tremendous four months. I've been with this forum since the beginning, and was privledged enough to assisst Shadowpaw in some aspects of the creatiob of the board. That said, this board means a lot to me, because of what we've all put into it. I was so excited that I was elected an admin right off the bat. Ever since I joined the TH I had always wanted to be a TH admin. I worked really hard to get to the point where I could be accepted in, but then things started changing a bit at the TH and they really didn't have need for any more admins. I was kind of bummed and figured I'd never get to be an admin in this great community. But when the ToO came up, that changed, and my wish became reality. Thak you so much for letting that happen.

One of the things I love to do is help people. That is why I love being an admin, because people are always needing help and you have the power, the responsibility to give it to them. It's a great responsibility, and one I enjoy and take very seriously. And so, I'm just letting you know, no matter who wins, good ol' EB is still around if anyone ever needs any help with anything. You'll know where to find me. :)

Despite what some may think, being an admin is not just "changing people's names" and "locking topics". It is a very hard job, and you are constantly having to make decisions, change things, fix things, deal with people, and much much more. Top and I made lot of hard decisions, a lot harder than the decisions we made as normal members like "pizza or takeout?" :p However, I am confident that either Trent DeWhite and David or, OR Bmuntz and Catspaw are up for this task. And if they ever need a little admin 101, Top and I are always around for that. ;)

And so, Odyssey, it has been a true pleasure. I shall soon turn in my badge and gun, or... maybe I'll keep the gun as a suivenere. ;) Anyways, it had been great getting to be your admin, and it shall surely miss it. I love you all, good night.

Eugene Blackgaard
ToO Comic - #1|#2|#3|#4|#5|#6|Filler#1|Filler#2|#7|#8|#9

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Man...*sniff*...you guys are the best! :sniff: As admins and as friends. :D *sniff* That was a great speech, EB...I think I'm gonna have a good cry right now. :mecry: *waits for Top's glorious speech* I love you guys!
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Frank wrote:Man...*sniff*...you guys are the best! :sniff: As admins and as friends. :D *sniff* That was a great speech, EB...I think I'm gonna have a good cry right now. :mecry: *waits for Top's glorious speech* I love you guys!
*Starts crying with Frank* EB, that was a great speach. I would love to hear more....*Sniff*
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Eugene Blackgaard wrote:Aww... :grouphug:

Folks, it's been a tremendous four months. I've been with this forum since the beginning, and was privledged enough to assisst Shadowpaw in some aspects of the creatiob of the board. That said, this board means a lot to me, because of what we've all put into it. I was so excited that I was elected an admin right off the bat. Ever since I joined the TH I had always wanted to be a TH admin. I worked really hard to get to the point where I could be accepted in, but then things started changing a bit at the TH and they really didn't have need for any more admins. I was kind of bummed and figured I'd never get to be an admin in this great community. But when the ToO came up, that changed, and my wish became reality. Thak you so much for letting that happen.

One of the things I love to do is help people. That is why I love being an admin, because people are always needing help and you have the power, the responsibility to give it to them. It's a great responsibility, and one I enjoy and take very seriously. And so, I'm just letting you know, no matter who wins, good ol' EB is still around if anyone ever needs any help with anything. You'll know where to find me. :)

Despite what some may think, being an admin is not just "changing people's names" and "locking topics". It is a very hard job, and you are constantly having to make decisions, change things, fix things, deal with people, and much much more. Top and I made lot of hard decisions, a lot harder than the decisions we made as normal members like "pizza or takeout?" :p However, I am confident that either Trent DeWhite and David or, OR Bmuntz and Catspaw are up for this task. And if they ever need a little admin 101, Top and I are always around for that. ;)

And so, Odyssey, it has been a true pleasure. I shall soon turn in my badge and gun, or... maybe I'll keep the gun as a suivenere. ;) Anyways, it had been great getting to be your admin, and it shall surely miss it. I love you all, good night.

Eugene Blackgaard
*Kicks EB* Haha old chum who said we dont make hard decisions? ;) Well its been a good four months controlling you guys right into the palm of my hand! ;) (Just kidding of course :anxious: ) And I hope you dont die of choking on a pill to make you immune to every sickness.