Regis Returns -- RPG

The place where role players come to play! If you want to start an interactive war, chat with real citizens of the town, or find other uses for your faction, this field can accommodate those desires. As with anything else, please try to keep your role playing appropriate... but you're still welcome to have a little fun!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

OOC:
My post has been sitting in the discussion thread…
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

OOC: We should all either head to the discussion thread and figure it out, or start a PM conversation :-
*insert provocative quote here*
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Phillips glanced at the clock.
“Eleven and a half hours left. That kid better come through.”
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Trent looked at Richard, an idea forming in his mind. "Okay," he began, "I'm just making this up on the fly here, but what if we just programmed a fake computer? If we gave it to them to get Mandy back? Then it's win-win for us--Mandy's safe, and we don't give them this top-secret computer program."
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

OOC: Okay, Jason was on the phone with somebody at 'the agency' right?

IC:
Richard looked at Trent and started to tell him it definitely wouldn't work, but he saw Whit give him a meaningful look and changed his mind. "Sure kid, that could work. What do you think, Whit?" he asked as Whit arrived in the kitchen.

"I don't know, Trent. These guys seem like professionals. I doubt they'd fall for something like that. Maybe we could get Jason to create a self-destructing file."

"Did he get in touch with Tasha yet?" Richard asked.

"No, he's still trying."
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

OOC: Huzzah, we're continuing! \:D/
TigerintheShadows

Trent sighed. "Look, it might seem juvenile, and it probably wouldn't work. I'm not underestimating these guys by any means. But really, it's the best plan we've got at the moment."

The look Whit had sent Richard's way did not go unnoticed, but he let it be. He was not a child. He knew perfectly well what these men were capable of. If that was meant to keep him from knowing the "truth" that his plan would probably screw up and get Mandy hurt or worse--he knew the risks. Even a rash plan seemed like the best plan at the moment.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Mady sat helplessly in the chair, her arms becoming numb. These ropes are so tight. A salty tear squeezed from her eye, but she didn't have the strength to reach up and brush it away. Instead, she bowed her head and prayed.

God, I'm so scared and I don't know what to do. Please...help us. And please keep Trent safe.

Amen.

Oh, and Lord?

Please protect me, too.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Jason was finally put through to the Agency. He heard a familiar voice come on the line.
“Donovan here, who’s this?”
TigerintheShadows

Donovan! Oh, good. "This is Jason Whittaker."
AIO tumblr sideblog
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

“Jason! It’s good to hear your voice again! How can I help you?”
TigerintheShadows

"Donovan, Regis Blackgaard is back. I don't know how, but there's been a kidnapping of a local girl, and they're holding her ransom for access to my dad's computer. I think it has to do with Applesauce, for some reason--but it can't have, it was destroyed years ago--wasn't it?"

OOC: If Whit didn't know about the backup to the program, I don't think Jason did, either. Is that okay with you, bookworm?
AIO tumblr sideblog
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

OOC:
You’re exactly right, only the Agency and Phillips knows about the backup right now. Good job. :)

“Blackgaard? You don’t mean that phony ES bloke from years ago.”
TigerintheShadows

"Yeah--he's back, somehow, and he means business as much as ever. Donovan, we need a plan."
AIO tumblr sideblog
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

“Hmm, that’s not good. But it can’t be about Applesauce, your father told us he deleted it. Why would… Oh no.”
Jason heard him call to someone off the phone, “Get me the Applesauce file, hurry!”
“Jason, I just remembered, we put a backup drive on your father’s computer when he was working for us to safeguard the programs he created. I don’t think he knew about it.”
Off the phone again, “Thank you.”
“Let me check the file… No, he didn’t! He must not have erased the backup!”
TigerintheShadows

"There's a backup Dad didn't erase? Or even know about? Oh, no...what do we do now?"
AIO tumblr sideblog
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

“The Agency would be quite interested in taking custody of Mr. Blackgaard after his stunt in Geneva. I’ll give you all the help I can. I’ll send Tasha out there right away, the two of you can come up with a plan. Be careful Jason.”
TigerintheShadows

"Understood. I'll do what I can. Just be quick; Blackgaard's men say we've only got twelve hours for this girl to live." With that, Jason hung up the phone.

He turned and walked back into the office, where Richard, Trent, and his dad all sat waiting. "I talked to Donovan, and he said he'll send some agents over, but we need to come up with the plan ourselves."
AIO tumblr sideblog
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

"Hmmm," Richard thought... "I don't know. I think the best thing would be to wait for NSA to arrive."

"Ya, I agree," said Whit. "These people are professionals. They're not gonna fall for anything we can pull off."
TigerintheShadows

"Well, Donovan said he'd send Tasha with the agents, so we'll be able to get the ball rolling there, but what can we do now? We've only got twelve hours."
AIO tumblr sideblog