Regis Returns II - Epic Subtitle Here

The place where role players come to play! If you want to start an interactive war, chat with real citizens of the town, or find other uses for your faction, this field can accommodate those desires. As with anything else, please try to keep your role playing appropriate... but you're still welcome to have a little fun!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

*opening credits roll*

Featuring the reprised roles of:
bookworm as Special Agent Frank Phillips
Musical Shutterbug as Mandy Straussberg
TigerintheShadows as Trent DeWhite

And introducing:
Smaug the Dragon as Ronald Edwin Blackgaard
About six months have passed since the events of our last story. Mandy has recovered and the relationship between her and Trent has been strengthened by what they went through. Trent’s anger died down after seeing Mandy was going to be okay and the trying events of the past were not so much forgotten as suppressed to enable the mind to focus on the present.
Dr. Blackgaard is in a top security government prison sentenced to serve several years. His threat is finally over, the terrible troubles he had caused almost out of memory unless one purposefully recalled them. Phillips had disappeared after making off with the fake hard drive. The Agency suspected he had returned to Chicago, probably going underground. For a few months they tried to track him down, but were unable to get any leads. His file has been kept open, but currently he is no longer actively being hunted. Richard left shortly after Blackgaard’s arrest saying his job was done.
Things are finally back to normal. It’s a typical day in Odyssey. For the moment.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Two college students, both alike in dignity, in fair Odyssey, where we lay our scene, were in quite a happy relationship, which was not something you'd predict from the opening lines. In fact, as both students had memorized a fair amount of Shakespeare, the "star-crossed lovers" bit had been a frequent snarking point, particularly for the young man in the relationship who happened to be dozing fitfully under a tree. It was an Odyssey June, and Trent DeWhite was enjoying the last few days before the really hot weather set in again. He was not about to admit it to anyone (because what respectable man goes around waxing lyrical about the weather, anyway?), but he loved this time of the year, when it was warm without being hot and the golden summer sun shone brightly on the small town of Odyssey.

He looked lazily around McAlister park and spied what had always been his favorite place--Whit's End. Deciding that his nap could wait, he stood up, stretched, pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose, and headed for the ice cream emporium.

OOC: W00T! \:D/
Last edited by TigerintheShadows on Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Liz Horton stepped out of the airplane and took a deep breath. It was so nice to be back in Odyssey. She had been away at college for some time now. She loved everything about college, but there was no place like home. Being back almost made her wish she had never left. She knew very well that she had missed out on so much. Especially, what had recently happened with Blackgaard. She hoped that her friends and family would be able to give her more detail about what had happened. Even though she missed so many people in Odyssey, the one person she missed the most was her best friend, Mandy. She hadn't talked to her in so long. She wished they could just start where they left off, but she knew that that would be next to impossible.

OOC: I didn't know it was fall...I'll explain why Liz is on break later...
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
TigerintheShadows

OOC: Nah, I'm changing it to early June. I like summer better anyway. ;) The season doesn't really have an impact on the RPG, and it would explain why Liz is just now arriving in Odyssey and why Trent's relaxing instead of going, "Oh, noez! School is starting! Must...read...every...textbook...in existence!"
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

Richard Maxwell stepped out of his car. It was good to be back in Odyssey again. He decided to head to a hotel to find a room.
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

Eugene was behind the counter waiting for customers. He heard that Liz was coming back from college soon and was glad to see her. Eugene had half an hour before he would have to go study. He decided to use that time to the best of his ability.
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Tanya Evans walked past dozens of shops. Colorful signs, and shelves of tons of different merchandise called to her through shop windows, but she decided not to answer. Everything was so different! So new! People busily bustled past, some even saying hello. It was all new to her. She had grown up in NYC, where everyone just wanted to get to where they were going. Here, people walked as if they didn't have to go anywhere. I think I did the right thing, moving here. It looks like this town is the perfect place to settle down. And I'll be going to Campbell college next year. Tanya had found someone who was willing to share her apartment. Sandy, or Mandy, or something. It would be nice to have a roomie, and be able to share expenses. She was supposed to meet her in 45 minutes, at a coffee shop.
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

Whit came out of the kitchen.

"Eugene, add the Super Summer Sundae to the recipe list, will you? I need to get the ingredients the next time I place the order."

Whit was in a jocular mood, like usual. He had a feeling that it was going to be a great summer. Business was already picking up as kids were out of school. He was sure that for this summer, the best was yet to come.
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

Will do Whit. Said Eugene
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Tanya checked her watch. She should head to the cafe if she wanted to meet her roommate on time. Quickly striding past a super-market, she turned the corner, and checked her phone for the directions. The cafe should be right ahead. She strode down the street, and then stopped in front of a small building with a canopy that said "Coffee Mornings" She stepped forward, opened the door, and went inside. She spotted a small table, with a girl around 22. She had blonde hair, and was intently reading a book. It had to be Mandy, since their was no one else who could be her. I slowly stepped toward her table. "Hey, you must be Mandy. I'm Tanya. Soo, have you already ordered something?"
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Liz spotted her mother and father. They all embraced each other. Then headed for home. While in the car, her parents were asking her about a dozen questions each minute. She tried to answer them the best she could, and she felt guilty about not keeping in contact with her parents like she should have. She called them every now and then when she was in college, however they were always very brief and very few. Liz also felt horrible about not talking to Mandy for quite a while. She remembered how they promised to email or chat with each other at least once a week. She pained her to realize it, but she was reason that promise wasn't kept.

OOC: Thank you, TigerInTheShadows. :)
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
TigerintheShadows

Trent walked into Whit's End, enjoying the sound of carefree kids out for the summer and the clanking of dishes at the counter, where he spied Mr. Whittaker and Eugene and made his way over. "Hi, Mr. Whittaker," he said cheerfully. "What's new?"

OOC: You're welcome. And please, call me Tiger. ;)
AIO tumblr sideblog
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Mandy looked up from To Kill a Mockingbird. She smiled gracefully at the girl who had pleasantly introduced herself.

"Hello there. Yes, I'm Mandy, and you must be Tanya. So nice to finally meet you."
*insert provocative quote here*
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

"I'm pleased to meet you, too. Have you ordered coffee yet?" She smiled back at Mandy. She seemed nice enough.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

"No, not yet. I just arrived."

Mandy stood up restlessly and pulled out a chair for Tanya.
*insert provocative quote here*
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

"Nothing much, Trent," Whit said jovially. "My, these kids sure do grow up fast nowadays," he thought to himself. "How are you enjoying college?" he inquired.
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

"I concur Mr Whitaker, these kids do grow up fast these days. But it seems Connie is the same as always. Hello Trent, How is thy fair college? You know that I started college at age 13. I hope you are having a wonderful time there." Said Eugene.
Last edited by Jehoshaphat on Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My online family
TigerintheShadows

Trent laughed at Eugene's usual sophisticated language. "I'm doing quite well, actually. Straight As and a GPA over 4.0. And it's great to be going to school so close to my hometown. And Connie will never change; surely you knew that, Eugene." He grinned.

(By the way, Jehosophat, it's helpful to put quotation marks around your character's spoken lines; it's helpful to me because it can get confusing not knowing if a character said something or not.) ;)
AIO tumblr sideblog
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

"Mister Blackgaard! Mister Blackgaard!" Shakespeare called. "Mister Blackgaard! Where are you?" He pondered for a moment where his master could be. "I do hope he's not filling the bathtub with mud again for a mud bath again, it is such a dreadful mess to have to clean up." He thought to himself. "Mister Blackgaard!" He called out once again before turning around to continue his search.
OOC: Smaug, just post whatever you want when you get on.
Last edited by Graces4you on Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Liz was glad that she was finally home. Her mom was cooking her favorite dinner, and her father had to take a business call. Liz was up in her bedroom staring at everything. This home held not precious childhood memories. In fact, it barely held any memories at all. She remembered when they had to evict their home because her father lost his job. They lived in their car for a while. Then will the help of friends. Her family was able to get back on it's feet. Liz smiled when she spotted the only familiar thing in the room. Her diary. She grabbed it and hugged it close. After a few minutes passed, she set her diary down and reached for her cellphone. Liz now battled if she should call Mandy or not.