Regis Returns II - Epic Subtitle Here

The place where role players come to play! If you want to start an interactive war, chat with real citizens of the town, or find other uses for your faction, this field can accommodate those desires. As with anything else, please try to keep your role playing appropriate... but you're still welcome to have a little fun!
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Connie followed Tanya back into Whits End, as she came in, the phone was ringing. "hello? Whits End" she said. "oh, okay, just a minute. Whit!" she yelled, "its for you" as Whit came to pick up the phone, she added "the man on the other end, his voice sounded familiar, but I can't place it"
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Mandy rolled her eyes. "Thank you for the vote of confidence."

She cleared her throat. "So. What's new with you?"
*insert provocative quote here*
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

"You're welcome. I do what I can." He winked, then continued. "Anyway, I've been relaxing in McAlister Park, ever since you so rudely ditched me."
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

"Me? When did I ever ditch you?"
TigerintheShadows

He turned his face away from her dramatically. "When you left me after our walk this morning to hang out with someone else. I thought I would never get over my feelings of hurt and betrayal."
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

"Oh, Trent."

Mandy sighed. "Really, I don't believe that I had an option. But since it hurt you so much, I'll make it up. I'll treat you to dinner tonight."

"Unless, of course, you're too busy for me," she grinned playfully.
TigerintheShadows

He turned back to her, feeling himself turning very pink. "Um...yeah...I mean, no, of course I'm not busy. I can meet you."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Mandy laughed. "I'm sorry. Perhaps you would rather finish your math homework instead."

Speaking of homework...

"Trent, I just remembered. I have writing assignments to finish tonight. Can we meet here?"
TigerintheShadows

He grinned. "Just like old times, then, hmm?"
AIO tumblr sideblog
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

"Old times? What are you implying?" she teased.
TigerintheShadows

"Don't you remember high school? We always did our homework together here." He rolled his eyes. "The people who thought we were madly in love had a field day."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

"That was so long ago...has it really been that long?" Mandy's face grew wistful. "Those people never had anything better to gossip about. They had to make fun of somebody, so I guess they chose us."
TigerintheShadows

"We are nerds, after all." He shrugged. "So, I'll meet you here tonight?"
AIO tumblr sideblog
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

"Speak for yourself, genius."

"I'll be here. And I'll buy you a soda as a consolation prize for being abandoned this morning, okay?"
TigerintheShadows

"Sounds great." He flashed her a smile, took her hand, and led her back to their table.

OOC: Since we've ended our "lovebirding", as you say, bookworm, Smaug, WORK YOUR EVIL MAGIC. :badgrin:
AIO tumblr sideblog
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

Ronald Edwin Blackgaard heaved a dramatic sigh and closed his eyes. He groaned; a long, drawn-out affair worthy of Lady Macbeth herself. Today was not turning out well. Not only had he been forced to endure the mindless babbling of the dozens of townfolk who had felt obliged to offer their pathetic opinions on his latest dramatic perfomance; he had endured it politely. He had smiled and bowed and made meaningless pleasantries to the very limits of his abilities. And R. E. Blackgaard was a far better actor than anyone had imagined. No-one, not even his brother - his lip curled condescendingly - had ever come close to realising just how much this Blackgaard had concealed, and for years. 

Twenty-six years. A quarter of a century spent in preperation. Edwin rubbed his brow with agitation. Twenty-six years, and it boils down to one phone call.

A phone call he had been waiting for all day. Edwin glanced impatiently at his wristwatch. It was beautifully crafted, gold-plating with silver accents; but at that moment Edwin found the time he read on the polished face so repulsive he felt the urge to smash the expensive watch on something hard. Perhaps the thick skull of that imbecile Parkington..

As if on cue, the mobile on Edwin's desk emmitted a single shrill tone. Mr. Blackgaard snapped his attention to the phone immediately. He answered it in a single sweeping motion. 

"Parkington, if it's not good news, it would be better for you to be very far away from me. Or dead."

He listened intently, his face impassive as Parkington delievered his message haltingly. After all, there was no knowing how a Blackgaard might take news. Even good news. 

There was a pause. A smile stretched slowly across Edwin's face like a torture victim on a Medieval Age rack. He ended the call without replying to his watchdog's panicked yelps.

It was time to proceed.

Mr. Blackgaard steepled his fingers and gazed at the opposite wall deep in thought. Finally he nodded.

"I hope you're as good as your credentials claim", Edwin murmured as he dialed a number.  

Last edited by Smaug the Dragon on Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

In the back room of an obscure warehouse, a phone rang. A shadowy figure put down the papers he was going through and lifted the receiver. “Phillips.”
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Edwin smiled. An unpleasant smile.

"Good day to you Mr. Philips. This is Edwin Blackgaard speaking."

He paused.

"You may remember me?"
Last edited by Smaug the Dragon on Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

“Of course, Ronald.” Phillips raised an eyebrow. “I must say I’m surprised to hear from you of all people. I assume this isn’t a social call.”
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Edwin scowled. He loathed that name. It reminded him of...

He cleared his throat.

"A most correct assumption. Actually I'm calling to make you an.. offer. You aid me with a very important project I'm working on."