Ember Patrol: Character Sheets

The place where role players come to play! If you want to start an interactive war, chat with real citizens of the town, or find other uses for your faction, this field can accommodate those desires. As with anything else, please try to keep your role playing appropriate... but you're still welcome to have a little fun!
Skid
Still standing tall

Ember Patrol: Character Sheets

Post by Skid »

This thread is for storing current character sheets for the Ember Patrol RPG, so we can find them amid all the other posts. Please, keep your character updated.

Do not post anything beside character sheets (with XP logs) here. Keep discussion to the main thread.
Last edited by Skid on Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Name: Gareth Trevelyan
Skills:
Specialized in Magical Knowledge, Dodging, Electromagnetic Magic
Trained in Perception, Persuasion
Might Pool (15) Edge (0): 15
Speed Pool (8) Edge (0): 8
Intellect Pool (15) Edge (3): 14
Recovery Rolls (1d6+1): 1A (x) 10M (x) 1H ( ) 10H ( )
Effort Cap: 1
Experience: 9
Special Abilities:
Plasma Bolt - Cost: 1 Intellect Point, Range: 100 feet
Force Push - Cost: 3 Intellect Points, Range: 25 feet
Bind Tongue - Cost: 3 Intellect Points, Range: 25 feet
Aetherial Armor - Cost: 2 Intellect Points
Chaos Burst - Cost: 1 Intellect Point, Range: 25 feet
Distort Space - Cost: 3 Intellect Points, Range: 100 feet
Force Wall - Cost: 3 Intellect Points, Range: 25 feet
Equipment:
Personal Kit: sword (medium), journal, pipe, glowstone, net, conductive gloves, fireproof robes
Ember Patrol Gear: Ember Patrol badge (Deepglow steel, detects magic), large backpack, signal mirror, dark lantern, firestarter, rope (30 ft), climbing pitons, head wrap (protection from sandstorms), camouflage cloak (asset to stealth in desert terrain), dagger (2 damage, light), rations, large canteen, bedroll
Loot: healing salve (heals 5 pool points over 10 minutes), 7 copper commons, 70 silver nobles, 1 gold royal, 2 tokens of the dragon, laboratory papers, dragon egg papers, tiny reptile carving, fancy hat, smoke bomb, silver letter opener
Stash: 5 large bloated stalker teeth (8 inches), 4 pounds of small bloated stalker teeth (3 inches to human size), hexapod tooth, pale cave cat tooth, books on various subjects of magic, Chaos Device
Bio: Gareth Trevelyan, a combat mage, is in his late twenties, slightly above average height, with dark hair and eyes. He discovered he had an affinity for magic at an early age and developed it all his life, eventually graduating from the grand university in Balor's Conquest. He prefers to engage in battle from a distance by casting spells, but has decent skill with a blade if close combat becomes necessary. Always eager to increase his knowledge of magic, and the world in general, he takes advantage of opportunities for study. He has great interest in lore and artifacts and joined the Ember Patrol in hopes to gain some of their knowledge of the lands and their treasures.

Development Log:
Character introduced

Spent 3XP on Plasma Bolt
Spent 3XP on Force Push

Slaver Infiltration (First Mission), Session 1 [ Transcript ]
+2XP from session, +1XP for journal
Slaver Infiltration (First Mission), Session 2 [ Transcript ]
+2XP from session, +1XP from Tikvah, +1XP for journal

Spent 4XP on Bind Tongue
Spent 4XP on Persuasion Training

Warrant Service (Second Mission), Session 1 [ Transcript ]
+1XP from session, +1XP for journal
Warrant Service (Second Mission), Session 2 [ Transcript ]
+2XP from session, +1XP from Tikvah, +1XP from Lightning, +1XP for journal

Sandstorm Attack (unplanned incident) [ Transcript ]

Spent 4XP on 4 Pool Points (3 Might, 1 Speed)
Spent 6XP on Dodging Specialization

Team Bonding (following Slaver Infiltration)
+1XP from session

Package Protection (Solo Mission) [ Transcript ]
+3XP from session, +1XP for journal

Search and Rescue (Third Mission), Session 1 [ Transcript ]
Search and Rescue (Third Mission), Session 2 [ Transcript ]
+2XP from session, +1XP from Woody, +1XP for journal
Search and Rescue (Third Mission), Session 3 [ Transcript ]
+1XP from session, +1XP from Woody, +1XP for journal
Search and Rescue (Third Mission), Session 4 [ Transcript ]
+3XP from session, +1XP from Tikvah, +1XP from Lightning, +1XP for journal
Search and Rescue (Third Mission), Session 5 [ Transcript ]
+2XP from session, +1XP from Tikvah, +1XP for journal
Search and Rescue (Third Mission), Session 6 [ Transcript ]
+3XP from session, +1XP from Tikvah, +1XP for journal

Spent 6XP on Aetherial Armor
Spent 4XP on Electromagnetic Magic Training
Spent 6XP on Electromagnetic Magic Specialization
Spent 4XP on 4 Pool Points (2 Might, 2 Speed)
Spent 6XP on 1 Edge (Intellect)

Team Downtime
+1XP from session

Learned Chaos Burst
Spent 4XP on Distort Space

Caravan Sniper (unplanned incident) [ Transcript ]

Spent 4XP on Force Wall

Keeping the Peace (Solo Mission) [ Transcript ]

Team Briefing
+1XP from session

Egg Extraction (Fourth Mission), Session 1 [ Transcript ]
Last edited by bookworm on Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:04 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

Name: Deimos Rendin
Skills: Specialized in deception, trained in axes, brawling, and armor-wearing
Might Pool (15) Edge (1): 
Speed Pool (10) Edge (1) :  
Intellect Pool (5) Edge (0) :
Recovery Rolls (1d6 1): 1A ( ) 10M ( ) 1H ( ) 10H ( )
Effort Cap: 1
Experience: 8
Special Abilities: High Flying Leap - Allows a powerful jump with height 5 feet greater than normal and distance 10 feet greater. (per effort)
Equipment: Heavy axe, claw gloves (medium, damage 4), lightweight armor, Ember Patrol Gear, and 20 silver nobles.
Bio: Deimos is 18 years old and is an intense fighter. He grew up in Apex. His father was a woodcutter which is how he became skilled with axes. His high flying leap ability is a result of his shapeshifter heritage. He left home at 14 years old to seek adventure. After struggling on his own for awhile, a group of thieves offered to take him in if he helped them with their mischief. Years later he learned that his mother died. He visited his father and overcome with guilt have up his lifestyle. He decided to join the Ember Patrol to redeem himself. He wishes to make his father proud.

Purchases:
Armor-Wearing: 4XP
High Flying Leap: 3XP
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
Tikvah
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Tikvah »

Name: Olwen Salismon
Skills: Trained in dodging, acrobatics, unarmed striking, lock-picking, disguise. Specialized in perception, archery.
Might Pool (13) Edge (0):
Speed Pool (28) Edge (3) :
Intellect Pool (10) Edge (0) :
Recovery Rolls (1d6 1): 1A ( ) 10M ( ) 1H ( ) 10H ( )
Effort Cap: 2
Experience: 2

Special abilities:
Impressionist - Allows the user to mimic the voice and mannerisms of a target person after a minute of observation, or create and maintain new voices unlike their own. Lasts 12 hours before needing to be renewed by a fresh study of the target.
Doppelganger - Costs 3 Intellect points. The user's face and skin morph to reflect the appearance of a human target they have observed for 1 minute, granting two assets to disguise and removing the penalty to imitating specific people. Morph lasts 12 hours before needing to be renewed by a fresh study of the target. Can also be activated without a target to imitate a general idea of a person.
Dark Vision - A preternatural sharpness of vision allows you to see in absolute darkness as if it were dim light.
Flexible Shooter - While not wearing armor, shot accuracy is not negatively altered by your footing or stance, unless it absolutely prohibits shooting. Note that you need two hands free to wield a bow.
Flurry of Strikes - Costs 4 Speed points. You make an attack roll against an enemy, hitting an extra time for every level you exceed their target number by. You may not apply effort to damage for this attack.
Improbable Parkour - Costs 6 Speed points. You make a run check treating walls, cliffsides, and other obstructing but stable terrain as if it was flat ground.
Colossus Killer - You recognize the weak points of gigantic beasts, and deal critical wounds by attacking them directly. Your attacks inflict 2x damage while climbing/grappling creatures 5x your own weight or larger.

Equipment:
Masterwork Bow (5d,m,200ft),
Common Silverwork Crossbow, worth 90 nobles, with 11 bolts,
Tackle Bow (3 damage, light, 50 ft range, slows enemies) Every arrow fired from this blackwood bow is weighted down by an adhesive gel that encumbers the target, reducing their ability to dodge and move by one level. Requires an action to remove the slime,
Grappling Arrow, which can have a rope fixed to it and attaches to any thing you can hit with it, and can be disengaged remotely.
Grippy Kneepads (Asset to Climbing, Hands Free Climbing) - These sophisticated legs allow the wearer to scale difficult terrain and keep their hands free for weapons.
cooking pot,
loaf of common brown bread,
100 ft of rope
five 8-inch Bloated Stalker teeth,
1 Flashbang grenade arrow.
1 Smoke bomb arrow
Two average daggers with fancy handles,
Disguise kit
Malvert's Goggles of Lizard Warding
Ember Patrol Gear.
Stash: 1lb small bloated stalker teeth,

Bio: Olwen, an acrobatic scout, is below average height and has dusty blonde hair. Due to a childhood encounter Olwen is certain that she is allergic to unicorns.
Originally from Blacktree, Olwen was gifted a bow as a child and practiced with it daily. At age 15 she joined a group of traveling performers as a trick shot and acrobat, in hopes of one day visiting Balor's Conquest. Three years later after a bandit attack north of Dragon's Maw the group broke apart and Olwen decided to join the Ember Patrol.

XP Log:
2 XP for boss battle
1 XP for Journal entry
2 XP for completed mission
1 XP for journal entry
1 XP from Bookworm
-6 XP for Speed edge upgrade
3 XP for mission completion
1 XP from bookworm
2 XP for journal entry
2 XP for boss fight
1 XP from bookworm
1 XP from LIGHTNING
1 XP for journal entry
1 XP from hangout session
2 XP for one-off
-6 XP effort cap upgrade
-4 XP unarmed striking training
-4 XP lock-picking training
1 XP for one-off journal entry
2 XP for mission participation
1 XP for mission participation
1 Xp from Bookworm
3 XP for mission participation
1 XP from bookworm
1 XP from Woody
3 XP for mission completion
1 XP from Woody
-6 XP upgrading archery to specialized
-2 XP upgrading Dark Vision
-4 XP buying 4 might points
-4 XP Buying Flurry of strikes
1 XP from hangout
1 XP from briefing
2XP for side mission
1 XP from Woody
1 XP from Bookworm
1 XP from Woody
-10 XP for Improbable Parkour
-13 XP into Speed pool
2 XP from mission participation
2 XP For mission participation
1 XP from bookworm
2 XP for boss fight
1 XP from bookworm
1 XP from bookworm
-4 XP for Impressionist
-4 XP for Doppleganger
-4 XP for training in disguise
2 XP for mission briefing
1 XP from bookworm
4 XP for mission completion
2 XP for mission
- 6 XP for Colossus Killer
- 4 XP for pool points
Money:
48 silver nobles
99 commons
Last edited by Tikvah on Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:18 pm, edited 38 times in total.
LIGHTNING
Pilgrim

Post by LIGHTNING »

Name: Ezra Hunter

Skills: Trained in Detecting Deception, Trained in Stealth, Trained in Dodging Skills, Trained in Poison Knowledge, Trained in Blowpipe.

Might Pool (6) Edge (0): 6

Speed Pool (12) Edge (1): 12

Intellect Pool (12) Edge (1): 12

Recovery Rolls: (1d6+1): 1A [ ] 10M [ ] 1H [ ] 10H [ ]

Effort Cap: 1

Experience: 6

Money: Copper Commons: 7 Silver Nobles: 40 Gold Royals: 0

Special Abilities: Shapeshift (Wolf) - Costs 4 intellect points. Activating this ability transforms you into a wolf, or back to a human. Takes one action to complete. When you transform, all equipment falls to the ground. Your wolf form gains 8 Might points (lost on reversion to human) and attacks with its jaws as a medium weapon. Your nose is an asset to smelling-related tasks. Shapeshift (Hawk) - Costs 6 intellect points. Activating this ability transforms you into a hawk, or back to a human. Takes one action to complete. When you transform, all equipment falls to the ground. Your hawk ability gains the ability to fly (movement speed: 100ft/action), and attack with its claws as a light weapon. Flying rolls will be required for difficult maneuvers. Perception is increased when in hawk form.

Equipment: [PERSONAL KIT] Malvert's Notes, Malvert's Goggles of Lizard Warding, 1 bolt, blowpipe, unlimited L1 poisoned darts, long throwing dagger, 5 8-inch bloated stalker teeth, 1 smoke bombs, 2 acid grenades, small pouch of flare powder, 1 5HP healing serums, flameproof/water proof side pouch, light gloves, running shoes, dark brown shirt and pants, leather belt, undergarments, small knife and second blowpipe hidden under my left pant leg. [EMBER PATROL KIT] Ember Patrol Badge (Deepglow steel detects magic), large backpack, signal mirror, dark lantern, fire starter, coil of rope (30ft), climbing pitons, head wrap (protection from sandstorms), camouflage cloak (asset to stealth in desert terrain), dagger (2 damage, light), rations, large canteen (carries 1 day of water), bedroll.

Stash: 40 pounds of 3-inch bloated stalker teeth.

Bio: A bartender stands in the shadows, quietly awaiting someone to request a drink or directions. I walk over to the counter and bacon to him. "How can I help you stranger?" he asks. "I am wondering if you know anything about a man by the name of Ezra Hunter." He studies me closely. "Why would you be wanting to know that?" I show him my Ember Patrol Badge. "I just want to know what you know, I have been told you met him once. He is wanting to join us, but we want to know a bit about him first." The bartender sighs and sits down. "Well, that one, he had quite a lot on him mind when he came in here, oh, about half a year ago it was I think. Sat himself down right over there with a look that said the desert herself has spat at him. I went over to ask him if there was much amiss, and he was quite a sight. Looked like he had been on the road for weeks. He looked like he needed someone to talk to, so I-" "Hold up." I interject. "Are you sure you are thinking of the right Ezra? This sounds nothing like him." The bartender frowns. "Ezra Hunter... Somewhere in his early 20s, he stands an almost awkward 6' 7", and with only 168 lb. to spread for it. Dark hair worn in a simple style, slightly tanned skin, and emerald green eyes give him a level of attractiveness to counter a less that muscular looking build. He has a nice smile, if you ever see it." I nod. "Yes, that is him I would say. Continue." "Well, he does not know who his parents are, or even if he has any. He holds a man by the name of David Hunter in the rank of older brother, although adopted father would fit better. He has not seen David in years though, and wonders often as to his fate. He knows he once lived in a cabin located in a woody and mountainous area, however he is unsure as to its exact location. He had lived there with David until age 12, at which point David did not return from a standard expedition for supplies. After searching for almost two months, Ezra decided to tend the cabin himself with hopes of seeing David stumble in someday with tails of adventure. David never did return however, and Ezra never found any sign of him in the years to follow. Ezra first learned of his ability at 14 when returning from a hunting trip. As he was walking home, a small pack of wolfs ambushed him. Having not enough ammunition for the packs numbers, Ezra began to run. For unknown reasons, Ezra found himself easily outrunning the beasts, and after a short time, found himself safe in the cabin. Exhausted from an adrenaline crash, Ezra collapsed onto the floor, however in doing so he noticed that he was on all fours already. Looking down he was shocked to discover that he was in fact a wolf himself. This startling discovery jolted him to a mental standing position, thus causing him to shift back. Although he originally passed it off as a dream the next day, in time he learned that his ability was indeed real, and since has mastered it. At age 19, or as best as he could tell, (for Ezra's birthday had been based upon the date that David had found him), Ezra decided to leave the cabin and explore. He had little reason other than that after seven years on his own, he had grown tired of the solidarity. Ezra met a small group just a few dozen miles away from his old home, but events of a tragic level caused him to run down this way in search of something or someone. Now when he arrived here, he-" I motion for him to stop. "Tragic events you said, what events?" He shakes his head. "You will have to ask him that, he did not tell me, or not in so many words at to convey much more than what I have already told you." I stare at the counter. "Why do you think he would want to join the patrol?" I say looking up. "Well, I could only guess. Maybe to forget something, maybe he is out for revenge, he was generous with his life story but none to open with whatever resent events had caused his such distress." I worry at his suspicion of revenge. "Do you think he is trustworthy? What I mean is..." I search for the diplomatic words, but the bartender raises his hand. "Ezra has a lot on him, do doubt should be made there, but he is a good man, if indeed he is even a man. From even our few hours together, I would confidently trust my life to him. I get a lot of different souls passing through here, I know the full spectrum, Ezra is trustworthy." I nod and stand. "I believe you, I can sense that as well in him. This only confirms what I thought." The bartender stands as well. "Tell him to drop by some time, I would not mind another chat with him." I head for the door. "I will let him know." I begin to exit, but he shouts to me one last thing. "One thing!" I turn. "Yes?" He hesitates. "Don't bring up, well, avoid..." He pauses, looking off into the shadows. "Just, he had a lot he was working through. That's all." I stare at him. "Are you sure that's all?" He sighs. "Yeah, I'm sure." I nod slowly. "Well, thank you for your time." He heads back to the shadows where he stood when I first arrived. "No trouble at all."
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Name: Leviticus "Levi" Rutter

Skills: Specialized in swordsmanship, Construction, and Armor, trained in dodging, animal handling, magic, and wilderness knowledge

Might Pool (16) Edge (3): 16

Speed Pool (8) Edge (0): 8

Intellect Pool (10) Edge (0): 10

Recovery Rolls (1d6+3): 1A ( ) 10M ( ) 1H ( ) 10H ( )

Effort Cap: 2

Experience: 0 XP

Special Abilities: Braced Defense - Costs 2 might points. Requires wearing medium or heavier armor. You plant yourself like a living tower, gaining 2 bonus armor rating until you move or are forced from your defensive position.
Beastmaster - Animal companions you've trained fight as if they were 1 level more powerful when within a short distance of yourself.
Shadowpath Summon - Costs 4 Intellect points. An animal companion you touch walks the shadowpaths. For the next 24 hours, they will follow you at a distance, avoiding all detection and passing freely through obstacles. As an action, you may summon them to your side, where they will appear on your following turn. A marked creature can be summoned and dismissed any number of times during that 24-hour period.
Defender of the Weak - Costs 4 might points. You designate a single ally within 10 feet as protected. Any time they are attacked for the next minute, you apply your complete armor rating to reduce the attack damage. This is in place of their own armor.
Lightning Recovery - 10 minute and 1 hour recovery rolls can each be taken in a single action.

Equipment: Sword(6 damage, heavy), Sword(4 damage, medium) Medium Chain Mail (2 weight, 2 defense), canteen, shovel, Ember Patrol gear, 1 flashbang grenade
Thorn Shield (1 asset to dodge, 3 damage counterattack, melee range) (7 Royals) - This light shield is covered in spiked blackwood vines that lash out at anyone who attempts to harm the wielder. Deals 3 damage on any successful dodge against a melee attack.
Quickblade (3 damage, light) - This rapier almost seems to dance on its own. It can be used to attack twice in a turn if its first attack is a hit.
Twin Pirate Blades (7 damage, heavy, medium when dual-wielded) These exotic curved greatswords are meant to be wielded as a pair, where they benefit from a strange and deadly synergy.

Animals:
Numbers - Level 3 Wolf
Deuteronomy - Level 4 "Poodle", 1 armor rating
Ruth - Level 4 Wildcat, asset to Climbing and Night Vision

Inventory: Hexapod Tooth, 5 Royals, 160 nobles

Bio: Wilderness survivor. Ashamed of his rather unattractive name, Leviticus fled the scorn of others and spent his late teens in the Endless Wastes, learning how to survive in his hermitude. When attacked by wolves one night, he captured one of the creatures, wounded but alive. He took the wolf to a healer, who healed the wolf in exchange for house repairs. Now the wolf, duly named Numbers, has become Levi's constant companion.

XP Log:
+7XP starting
+2XP Wolf Attack side mission
+1XP Hangout Session #1
+3XP Late start bonus

-6XP Specialized Armor
-7XP Braced Defense (Reset #1)

+3XP Package Protection
+1XP Journaling
+2XP Search and Rescue, Part 2
+1XP Journaling
+1XP Search and Rescue, Part 3
+1XP from Tikvah
+1XP Journaling
+3XP Search and Rescue, Part 4
+1XP Journaling
+2XP Search and Rescue, Part 5
+1XP Journaling
+3XP Search and Rescue, Part 6
+1XP from bookworm
+1XP Journaling
+1XP Hangout Session #2

-6XP Specialized Swordsmanship
-4XP Trained Magic Knowledge
-4XP Beastmaster
-6XP Shadowpath Summon

+2XP Bandit Hunt

-4XP Trained Dodging

+1XP Hangout Session #3
+2XP Bandit Hunt
+1XP Journaling
+2XP Caravan Sniper
+1XP Journaling

-4XP Trained Animal Handling
-4XP Might Points (Reset #2)

+3XP Egg Retrieval, Part 1
+1XP from bookworm
+1XP from Tikvah
+1XP Journaling
+2XP Egg Retrieval, Part 3
+1XP Journaling
+2XP Egg Retrieval, Part 4
+1XP Journaling
+2XP Egg Retrieval, Part 5
+1XP Journaling
+1XP Journaling

+1XP Mercenary Occupation, Part 1
+1XP from bookworm
+1XP from Tikvah

-6XP +1 Might Edge
-6XP Defender of the Weak
-6XP Brutal Beatdown

+3XP Mercenary Occupation, Part 2
+1XP from bookworm
+2XP Mercenary Occupation, Part 3
+1XP from bookworm
+2XP Mercenary Occupation, Part 4
+2XP Mercenary Occupation, Part 5
+1XP from Tikvah
+2XP Mercenary Occupation, Part 6
+1XP from bookworm
+1XP Mercenary Occupation, Part 7
+1XP Mercenary Occupation, Part 8
+2XP Mercenary Hunt

-6XP Effort Cap Raise
-8XP Lightning Recovery
-6XP Rocovery Roll Upgrade (Reset #3)

Current total: 0XP
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!