Escaping the Laboratory

And so it begins

The place where role players come to play! If you want to start an interactive war, chat with real citizens of the town, or find other uses for your faction, this field can accommodate those desires. As with anything else, please try to keep your role playing appropriate... but you're still welcome to have a little fun!

Escaping the Laboratory

Postby Penguin » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:20 pm

Image

Image

Current Players:
Skid
Woody
Countess
SirWhit
Jehoshaphat
snubs
bookworm
Blitz
Moontide
Paula
Kaida
Tikvah
Brad


Everyone wakes up at the same time with no recollection of what happened or how you got here. You all are wearing white uniforms and are equipped with nothing. A voice comes over a speaker you don’t see. “Welcome! You have been chosen to participate in this *ahem* experiment. There’s not much for you to know except that you must escape. Good luck.”
You look around the room and see that there are four doors on each wall with a guard for each door. In the center of the room is a pedestal with a button. A dog sits in one of the corners of the room and a lion is asleep in the opposite corner of the dog. There’s also a melody playing in the background. You take it all in and decide your first move...
Image
Too lazy right now to copy and past the links to my dragon eggs. :wacky:
My Scroll if you want to see them.
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic
User avatar
Penguin

i like penguins

 
Posts: 1476
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:30 pm
Location: A place I like to call, "Home."
Age: 20
Gender: Male

Cash on hand: 1,195.11
Bank: 1,000.00
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Escaping the Laboratory

Postby Jehoshaphat » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:38 am

So do we just choose something to do and then you will role to see how it goes?
Image
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother.
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.

Join the Bible Bowl
Jehoshaphat Rocks!
User avatar
Jehoshaphat

#snubsrocks

 
Posts: 1494
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:45 am
Age: 19
Gender: Male

Cash on hand: 162.88
Bank: 0.00

Re: Escaping the Laboratory

Postby Kaida » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:20 am

I choose door 2. Wait.. I don't even know which is door 2. I'll just go through this one.

*goes through the door on her left*

(Jeho, you just try one thing to do. One action.. One verb.. One move.. And then he'll roll and see if you are successful or a failure)
Image
Whale you be my friend?
User avatar
Kaida

is snubs' friend.

 
Posts: 485
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:33 pm
Location: the Neverland
Age: 24
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 123.37
Bank: 1,100.00

Re: Escaping the Laboratory

Postby SirWhit » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:28 am

*follows Kaida through door 2, potentially to his violent death*
I'm finally a No0b
User avatar
SirWhit

Make the ToO Great Again!

 
Posts: 717
Joined: Sun May 04, 2014 3:37 pm
Location: Buckingham Palace, Planet Mars

Cash on hand: 1,689.48
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Escaping the Laboratory

Postby Jehoshaphat » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:21 am

Jehoshaphat cautiously approaches the button and presses it.
Image
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother.
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.

Join the Bible Bowl
Jehoshaphat Rocks!
User avatar
Jehoshaphat

#snubsrocks

 
Posts: 1494
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:45 am
Age: 19
Gender: Male

Cash on hand: 162.88
Bank: 0.00

Re: Escaping the Laboratory

Postby Moontide » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:27 am

Moontide analyses the song for clues on how to escape.
The Council isn't corrupt
User avatar
Moontide

I have vanished into the padded room.

 
Posts: 3679
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:44 pm
Gender: Male

Cash on hand: 4.26
Bank: 0.01
Blog: View Blog (5)

Re: Escaping the Laboratory

Postby Blitz » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:01 pm

Blitz goes over to the dog and sees if it is friendly.
Image
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody

Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
The Council must persist
User avatar
Blitz

Stars are only visible in darkness

 
Posts: 1958
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:46 am
Age: 18

Cash on hand: 435.06
Bank: 0.00

Re: Escaping the Laboratory

Postby bookworm » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:08 pm

I remain still and see if I recognize the melody.
Image
ToO Historian
ToO Historian
User avatar
bookworm

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

 
Posts: 13927
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:10 pm
Location: reading or on the computer
Age: 26
Gender: Male

Cash on hand: 194.66
Bank: 54,800.00

Re: Escaping the Laboratory

Postby Tikvah » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:45 pm

Tikvah goes to the door opposite of the one Kaida went through.
Image
Catspaw knows all
User avatar
Tikvah

...

 
Posts: 799
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: The balmy frozen north.

Cash on hand: 7.94
Bank: 179.68

Re: Escaping the Laboratory

Postby Countess » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:51 pm

Countess stands still and then screams but makes no noise.
I'm finally not a No0b
User avatar
Countess

I exist. I always will

 
Posts: 405
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:08 pm
Location: Somewhere beyond you
Age: 19
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 665.56
Bank: 0.00

Re: Escaping the Laboratory

Postby snubs » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:14 pm

*Listens to the melody.. but doesn't recognize it.* :-k

*Scans the room and decides to start checking the doors, attempts to go through the first one*
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
Image
| ToO Chatroom | Odyssey Moments | Official Will Ryan Cap |
Quiet Strength
User avatar
snubs

is Kaida's friend.

 
Posts: 8102
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:39 am
Location: Loserville
Age: 26

Cash on hand: 5.60
Bank: 19,745.17

Re: Escaping the Laboratory

Postby The Doctor » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:19 pm

*tries whichever door no one else has tried*

EDIT: On second thought, I search for a chair so I can sit down to watch and learn from the others' mistakes.
Last edited by The Doctor on Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
I'll catch up to Bren!
User avatar
The Doctor

The man that stops the monsters

 
Posts: 5086
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:39 pm
Location: Whenever and wherever I want to be
Age: 101

Cash on hand: 2,108.62
Bank: 3.96
Blog: View Blog (25)

Re: Escaping the Laboratory

Postby Skid » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:24 pm

I try to ride the lion.
Jehoshaphat Rocks!
User avatar
Skid
 
Posts: 1343
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:30 pm
Location: The Frozen North
Age: 26
Gender: Male

Cash on hand: 392.74
Bank: 0.00

Re: Escaping the Laboratory

Postby Old Brad » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:38 pm

*Attempts to strike up a conversation with one of the guards to discover clues*
Image
I post like Shadowpaw
User avatar
Old Brad

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."

 
Posts: 2881
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:44 pm
Age: 24
Gender: Male

Cash on hand: 101.83
Bank: 0.00
Blog: View Blog (3)

Re: Escaping the Laboratory

Postby Paula » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:26 pm

Runs over to the pedestal and immediately presses the button.
Image
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
#pPodPartnersWithPenguin
I'm finally not a No0b
User avatar
Paula

Thinking About Christmas All Day Erryday

 
Posts: 580
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:48 pm
Location: A Time Hollow
Age: 16
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 353.95
Bank: 0.00
Blog: View Blog (51)

Re: Escaping the Laboratory

Postby Penguin » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:02 pm

ROUND #1 RESULTS:

Kaida rolled a 6!

Situation:
Kaida heads toward one of the doors. The guard watches her through his helmet, but makes no attempt to stop her. Just before Kaida walks through the door, the guard handcuffs her and pushes her through the door. Kaida finds herself in a room filled with tables. Each of these tables contain a deck of cards and a dealer. These dealers look like they know some stuff. At the other end of the room is a tough looking guy guarding a small door that looks like it’s for a child.

Location: The Playing Cards Room

Inventory:
Handcuffs (equipped)

Points: 4

SirWhit rolled a 3!

Situation:
SirWhit follows Kaida through the door to the same room and is handcuffed as well. The guard also locks the door behind them. No going back now. He thinks to himself, “This wasn’t a beneficial move, but least I’m not dead.”

Location: The Playing Cards Room

Inventory:
Handcuffs (equipped)

Points: 1

Jehoshaphat rolled a 3!

Situation:
Jehoshaphat cautiously approaches the button and presses it. Nothing happens. Maybe it’s broken or maybe he lacks button pressing skills.

Location: The Starting Room

Inventory:

Points: 1

Moontide rolled a 5!

Situation:
Moontide listens to the melody attentively attempting to analyze it. After some time, he realizes that it’s being played on a loop and at the beginning of each loop a certain note is played before the melody plays. He suddenly understands the button must be pressed at the same time the note is played. He pushes the button at that exact moment and another pedestal arises from the ground, on it is a pouch with 10 gold coins. These may come in handy later..

Location: The Starting Room

Inventory:
10 gold coins

Points: 5

Blitz rolled a 6!

Situation:
Blitz approaches the dog to see if it’s friendly. The dog takes one look at Blitz and becomes extremely excited. It jumps on Blitz and covers his face with slobber then runs around the room and jumps at Blitz again. He does this repeatedly. The lion awakens because of this, but remains laying down…for now. The dog has now become a companion to Blitz.

Location: The Starting Room.

Inventory:
Dog (companion)

Points: 4

bookworm rolled a 4!

Situation:
Bookworm remains still and attempts to recognize the melody. He does! It’s the music to the first verse of a strange song about walking on tiptoes to the moon. He also notices the certain note being played before each loop.

Location: The Starting Room.

Inventory:

Points: 3

Tikvah rolled a 5!

Situation:
Tikvah watches Kaida and SirWhit be handcuffed as they go through Door 2. She decides to go through the opposite door instead. She walks toward it cautiously eyeing the guard for any sudden handcuffing movement, but she opens the door and goes through without trouble. Before the door closes behind her the guard gives her a red cloak and a basket. She thanks the guard and puts on the cloak. The room she finds herself in is much larger than the previous one. It looks like it’s a massive forest, but she is able to make out the glass roof through the tree canopy. At least, she think it’s real glass. She can’t see any living creatures nor can she see the other walls. She does see a huge tree in what she thinks is the middle of the room.

Location: The Forest Room

Inventory:
Red cloak (equipped)
Empty basket

Points: 5

Countess rolled a 4!

Situation:
Countess remains still and screams, but nothing comes out. The lion stares at her, but does nothing. A guard offers her some water and assures her the lion won’t attack if left undisturbed. Countess takes a sip of the water, regains her composure, and decides to make a productive move.

Location: The Starting Room

Inventory:
Half a glass of water

Points: 3

snubs rolled a 4!

Situation:
Deciding to not attempt to recognize the melody, snubs attempts to go through the first door. This door is not the one Kaida and SirWhit went through nor the one Tikvah went through. Snubs goes through the door with no interaction from the guard. The room she’s in is a long narrow hallway. The only light is a candle near the door, making the rest of the hallway dark.

Location: The Dark Hallway

Inventory:

Points: 3

Woody rolled a 6!

Situation:
Woody finds a chair and sits down to watch the others mistakes. He observes everyone’s moves. Right after snubs vanishes through her chosen door. The chair collapses and upon close inspection has been eaten away by termites. Woody is left with a pain in his head and attracts the laughter of the guards.

Location: The Starting Room

Inventory:

Points: 4

Skid rolled a 2!

Situation:
Skid jumps on the lion and attempts to ride it. The lion rolls over knocking Skid off and resumes its position. It yawns at Skid and goes back to sleep. A guard is astonished that it didn’t feel threatened by Skid’s actions.

Location: The Starting Room

Inventory:

Points: 0

Brad rolled a 2!

Situation:
Brad approaches one of the guards and attempts to start a conversation. The guard seems uninterested and doesn’t respond to Brad’s attempts.

Location: The Starting Room

Inventory:

Points: 0

Paula rolled a 3!

Situation:
Paula immediately runs over to the pedestal and pushes the button. It does nothing. Strange. It did nothing for Jehoshaphat, then something for Moontide and now nothing for her. Perhaps it only works every other time? Who knows..

Location: The Starting Room

Inventory:

Points: 1

Image

ROUND #2 BEGINS NOW
Image
Too lazy right now to copy and past the links to my dragon eggs. :wacky:
My Scroll if you want to see them.
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic
User avatar
Penguin

i like penguins

 
Posts: 1476
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:30 pm
Location: A place I like to call, "Home."
Age: 20
Gender: Male

Cash on hand: 1,195.11
Bank: 1,000.00
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Escaping the Laboratory

Postby Moontide » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:57 pm

I attempt to explore the forest room.
The Council isn't corrupt
User avatar
Moontide

I have vanished into the padded room.

 
Posts: 3679
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:44 pm
Gender: Male

Cash on hand: 4.26
Bank: 0.01
Blog: View Blog (5)

Re: Escaping the Laboratory

Postby Skid » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:02 pm

I teach the lion that guards are full of delicious meat.
Jehoshaphat Rocks!
User avatar
Skid
 
Posts: 1343
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:30 pm
Location: The Frozen North
Age: 26
Gender: Male

Cash on hand: 392.74
Bank: 0.00

Re: Escaping the Laboratory

Postby snubs » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:14 pm

*Is surprised to find herself in a very dark space and can't really tell if it's another room or hallway*

*hears a lot of commotion but tries to ignore all the creepy sounds and stay focused*

*looks around and sees a little flicking candle and immediately picks it up to try and better see her surroundings.*
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
Image
| ToO Chatroom | Odyssey Moments | Official Will Ryan Cap |
Quiet Strength
User avatar
snubs

is Kaida's friend.

 
Posts: 8102
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:39 am
Location: Loserville
Age: 26

Cash on hand: 5.60
Bank: 19,745.17

Re: Escaping the Laboratory

Postby Jehoshaphat » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:58 pm

Jehoshaphat sits perplexed in the starting room wondering why the button didn't work. After further thought he decides to ask moontide for help and then press the button again.
Image
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother.
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.

Join the Bible Bowl
Jehoshaphat Rocks!
User avatar
Jehoshaphat

#snubsrocks

 
Posts: 1494
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:45 am
Age: 19
Gender: Male

Cash on hand: 162.88
Bank: 0.00

Next

Return to Gower's Field

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron