Drindall's Keep: Battle for the Sky

Subcypher Chatroom RPG

The place where role players come to play! If you want to start an interactive war, chat with real citizens of the town, or find other uses for your faction, this field can accommodate those desires. As with anything else, please try to keep your role playing appropriate... but you're still welcome to have a little fun!

Re: Drindall's Keep: Battle for the Sky

Postby bookworm » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:26 pm

Brad wrote:Man, this looks like fun, but I don't think I really have the proper amount of time to devote to this. :(
It mostly just takes the 3ish hours of play time; you don't have to do much between sessions. If you can't do that every week you should at least create a character so you can jump in occasionally if able.
Image
ToO Historian
ToO Historian
User avatar
bookworm

 
Posts: 13811
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:10 pm
Location: reading or on the computer
Age: 26
Gender: Male

Cash on hand: 1,127.66
Bank: 53,459.96

Re: Drindall's Keep: Battle for the Sky

Postby Brad » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:51 pm

I think I will. Unfortunately I don't have time to hash out the full character yet, but I will work on it tonight and hopefully have it up in the next day or 2.
Image
I post like Shadowpaw
User avatar
Brad

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."

 
Posts: 2871
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:44 pm
Age: 24
Gender: Male

Cash on hand: 77.89
Bank: 0.00
Blog: View Blog (3)

Re: Drindall's Keep: Battle for the Sky

Postby Tikvah » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:30 am

The first session will be taking place on Sunday the 30th at 6pm PDT, assuming this works for people. It would be good if everyone had their character sheets posted by then so I know who you are. :)
Image
Catspaw knows all
User avatar
Tikvah

...

 
Posts: 796
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: The balmy frozen north.

Cash on hand: 176.72
Bank: 0.00

Re: Drindall's Keep: Battle for the Sky

Postby bookworm » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:16 pm

I'm ready. :)
Image
ToO Historian
ToO Historian
User avatar
bookworm

 
Posts: 13811
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:10 pm
Location: reading or on the computer
Age: 26
Gender: Male

Cash on hand: 1,127.66
Bank: 53,459.96

Re: Drindall's Keep: Battle for the Sky

Postby Monty_Whittaker » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:04 pm

That works.
ImageThe GRC RULES!
Formally known as Alex Jefferson
On the SS, Proud member of the KRE.
Image
Why am I even here?
User avatar
Monty_Whittaker

Being Cool

 
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:34 pm
Age: 19

Cash on hand: 1,205.44
Bank: 0.00

Re: Drindall's Keep: Battle for the Sky

Postby Tikvah » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:09 pm

Monty_Whittaker, If you haven't yet read the rules for this style of RPG, you can find them here. If you want to join the RPG, your character sheet needs a bit of work so it fits the rules.
Each character is allowed two trained skills, and one non-combat specialized skill. You also don't have any points in your intellect pool, which would be a major problem. A beginning character like yours also only has 2 points of edge, and an effort cap of 1. It would also be good if you run your Kismet past me before posting your character sheet. Your equipment needs some major revision to fit the world of this game. A standard bow would do 4 damage and have a range of 1 or 2 hundred feet.

If you want help with your character, I should be in #Gowers most of tomorrow.
Last edited by Tikvah on Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Catspaw knows all
User avatar
Tikvah

...

 
Posts: 796
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: The balmy frozen north.

Cash on hand: 176.72
Bank: 0.00

Re: Drindall's Keep: Battle for the Sky

Postby bookworm » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:03 pm

Posting so Tikvah can say GM things after the session tonight. :)
Image
ToO Historian
ToO Historian
User avatar
bookworm

 
Posts: 13811
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:10 pm
Location: reading or on the computer
Age: 26
Gender: Male

Cash on hand: 1,127.66
Bank: 53,459.96

Re: Drindall's Keep: Battle for the Sky

Postby Tikvah » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:53 pm

Our new recruits have their first adventure on their way to the castle of Count Drindall. Eyeballs are slain, teeth collected, and they are on their way again. Skid, bookworm, Moontide, and Woody each get 2 XP and 1 to give away.


If anyone feels like writing journal entries for their characters, that might be worth an XP.
Image
Catspaw knows all
User avatar
Tikvah

...

 
Posts: 796
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: The balmy frozen north.

Cash on hand: 176.72
Bank: 0.00

Re: Drindall's Keep: Battle for the Sky

Postby bookworm » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:56 pm

I give my XP to Moontide for really getting in character and making me (bookworm) laugh.
Image
ToO Historian
ToO Historian
User avatar
bookworm

 
Posts: 13811
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:10 pm
Location: reading or on the computer
Age: 26
Gender: Male

Cash on hand: 1,127.66
Bank: 53,459.96

Re: Drindall's Keep: Battle for the Sky

Postby Moontide » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:01 pm

I give my XP to Skid for being key to the investigation part of the mission.
The Council isn't corrupt
User avatar
Moontide

I have vanished into the padded room.

 
Posts: 3679
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:44 pm
Gender: Male

Cash on hand: 4.26
Bank: 0.01
Blog: View Blog (5)

Re: Drindall's Keep: Battle for the Sky

Postby Skid » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:31 pm

I'm giving my XP to bookworm for providing the most firepower.
Jehoshaphat Rocks!
User avatar
Skid
 
Posts: 1343
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:30 pm
Location: The Frozen North
Age: 26
Gender: Male

Cash on hand: 392.74
Bank: 0.00

Re: Drindall's Keep: Battle for the Sky

Postby The Doctor » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:42 pm

I give my XP to Moontide for debuffing the bears so I could devote my effort to damage.
Image
I'll catch up to Bren!
User avatar
The Doctor

The man that stops the monsters

 
Posts: 5082
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:39 pm
Location: Whenever and wherever I want to be
Age: 100

Cash on hand: 2,098.78
Bank: 3.96
Blog: View Blog (25)

Re: Drindall's Keep: Battle for the Sky

Postby bookworm » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:00 pm

Monster Hunting
While en route to the residence of their new employer the group stops by a village beset by strange creatures.
18:21 <bookworm>: Would it be offensive to just call you "Monkey?"
18:21 <bookworm>: I feel Victor would say that instead, but not to be mean, just because it comes out easier.
18:21 <bookworm>: If it's racist or something he wouldn't
18:21 <bookworm>: If he knew that
18:21 <Moontide>: I would think not.
18:22 <bookworm>: Ok
18:24 <bookworm>: I'm/he's thinking ahead to in-battle communication
18:24 <bookworm>: Need to be able to address each other clearly and efficiently
18:25 <bookworm>: I think I'm only going to journal once for each adventure this time. Doing each session is usually unnecessary, unless a ton happens.
18:27 Woody is now known as Alan
18:28 Skid is now known as Gromit
18:28 Moontide is now known as Ookook
18:28 bookworm is now known as Victor
18:29 <Tikvah_GMing>: Alright, this campaign when you want you character to do an action, please put it in the "/ me does something" form.
18:30 Gromit eats candy.
18:30 <Victor>: Hmm
18:30 Ookook play cymbals
18:31 <Victor>: I don't know if that will always fit
18:31 <Victor>: But okay
18:31 <Tikvah_GMing>: It will make it easier for me to tell when you are actually doing the thing, vs talking about doing the thing.
18:31 <Victor>: Yes
18:33 <Tikvah_GMing>: Alright, you meet up with Finn and he hands out your uniforms and other gear. "I'm taking you back to the castle today, but we've got to stop along the way and investigate a village. They've been complaining about monsters for the past few days."
18:33 Alan scoffs at everyone's foolishness in a manner worthy of royalty
18:34 Gromit gears up. "Lead on, then."
18:34 Ookook makes monkey sounds.
18:34 <Tikvah_GMing>: "When you arrive at the village you are met by the village elder, who offers to show you around the village.
18:34 <Victor>: We just enlisted?
18:34 <Tikvah_GMing>: Yes.
18:34 <Victor>: What is the nature of "these papers" we're supposed to sign?
18:34 <Tikvah_GMing>: Hmmm.
18:35 <Tikvah_GMing>: If you read them, you would know.
18:35 Victor obviously reads contacts before he signs them
18:36 <Tikvah_GMing>: The village consists of one street with houses along either side, and a sturdy stone warehouse at one end. Behind the houses are a collection of sheds and barns.
18:36 <Tikvah_GMing>: The village is surrounded by forests.
18:37 <Gromit>: Are there any obvious signs of monsters here? Blood? Screaming? People who don't look like their skin fits?
18:37 <Victor>: Oh I thought we would meet each other first for a minute
18:37 <Tikvah_GMing>: You will have time to do that after. Finn just wants to get back to the castle.
18:38 <Ookook>: Are we currently at the village or behind the castle?
18:38 <Alan>: !roll d20 specialized perception
18:38 <Dicebot>: Alan, specialized perception: 2
18:38 <Tikvah_GMing>: The village elder tells you that the monsters only come out at night, so the villagers have been staying in the warehouse at night.
18:38 <Victor>: Well I haven't signed the paper yet so I don't know if I followed...
18:38 <Gromit>: I think signing the paper was literally in the intro, so by playing it's already been signed.
18:39 <Victor>: You don't have to write the exact thing, just, is it what I would find standard content?
18:39 <Tikvah_GMing>: The paper was various legal fineprint, telling saying you can't sue for lost limbs.
18:39 <Tikvah_GMing>: You are at the village. What do?
18:40 <Victor>: Nothing that seems extremely odd?
18:40 <Victor>: As someone experienced in contacts of this nature
18:40 <Tikvah_GMing>: No.
18:40 Victor signs, nods to the others, follows to the village
18:40 <Alan>: I go to investigate the security of the warehouse
18:40 <Alan>: Er
18:41 Alan investigates the security of the warehouse
18:41 Ookook looks around for a villager who seems willing to talk.
18:41 <Gromit>: Did you put legal knowledge on your character sheet?
18:41 <Victor>: Not legal as such, but I've been making contacts of this nature for years
18:41 <Victor>: It's my job
18:41 <Tikvah_GMing>: Everyone roll perception checks.
18:41 <Alan>: !roll d20 specialized
18:41 <Dicebot>: Alan, specialized: 12
18:41 <Ookook>: !roll d20
18:41 <Dicebot>: Ookook: 6
18:42 <Victor>: !roll d20
18:42 <Dicebot>: Victor: 10
18:42 <Gromit>: "Okay! We should act together. The first thing we do in a village full of monsters maybe shouldn't be splitting up."
18:42 <Gromit>: !roll d20
18:42 <Dicebot>: Gromit: 3
18:42 <Gromit>: Nice.
18:43 <Tikvah_GMing>: You see a few worried looking villagers scurrying around, but everyone is staying close to the village. One of the houses has a smashed door.
18:43 <Ookook>: "The bad guys come out at just night. In the day, we can split up to learn more."
18:43 <Ookook>: "And not die much."
18:44 Alan checks out the house with the smashed door
18:44 Victor asks them to describe the monsters
18:45 <Tikvah_GMing>: The door is was broken from the outside with heavy blows. Some clawmarks and tufts of hair line the doorframe
18:45 Alan enters the house
18:45 Gromit waits outside and tastes some of the hair.
18:46 <Tikvah_GMing>: "The first time we saw the monsters it was a dark, foggy night so I didn't get a good look. It was big and made snuffling noises. Sometimes it shrieked."
18:46 <Tikvah_GMing>: Gromit, roll for it.
18:46 <Gromit>: !roll d20 specialized forensics.
18:46 <Dicebot>: Gromit, specialized forensics.: 17
18:46 <Victor>: Does it sound like anything I've experienced or heard of before?
18:47 <Tikvah_GMing>: It tastes like it belongs to some form of pig. The creature seems to have been staying a musty place.
18:48 <Ookook>: "Must be a wild boar that is threatening the town!"
18:48 <Gromit>: "Or werepigs."
18:48 <Tikvah_GMing>: Alan, you enter the house, everything is smashed. In one corner is a large bloodstain, and old war spear, and some sharp quills. A battle obviously happened here.
18:49 <Alan>: Can I loot?
18:49 <Tikvah_GMing>: If you want to explain to the villagers why you are stealing from an abandoned house.
18:49 <Tikvah_GMing>: Victor, make a wildlife knowledge check.
18:49 <Gromit>: Alan: as log as nobody is watching.
18:50 Alan asks the elder what happened here
18:50 <Gromit>: And I'm not working with you, criminal scum.
18:50 <Victor>: Do I have an asset for dealing with various wildlife for years?
18:50 Ookook looks for hoof tracks
18:50 <Tikvah_GMing>: Yes.
18:50 <Victor>: !roll d20
18:50 <Dicebot>: Victor: 3
18:50 <Victor>: Eh, there are a lot of different kinds of creatures out there
18:50 <Tikvah_GMing>: You haven't seen this before.
18:50 <Ookook>: !roll d20
18:50 <Dicebot>: Ookook: 16
18:51 Gromit goes inside and samples the blood.
18:51 <Tikvah_GMing>: Ookook, you find hoof tracks on the roads leading into the village. A lot of them.
18:51 Victor stays around Gromit, offput but intrigued by his eating everything around
18:52 <Tikvah_GMing>: Gromit, roll.
18:52 <Gromit>: !roll d20 spec forensics
18:52 <Dicebot>: Gromit, spec forensics: 15
18:52 <Gromit>: "It's blood!"
18:52 Ookook looks for livestock in the village that could explain the hoof prints.
18:53 <Ookook>: !roll d20
18:53 <Dicebot>: Ookook: 8
18:53 <Tikvah_GMing>: You taste a mix of human blood, and the creature at the door.
18:53 <Tikvah_GMing>: Also a strange musky taste you can't identify.
18:53 <Gromit>: Roughly how old is this crime scene?
18:53 <Tikvah_GMing>: It looks a couple days old.
18:53 <Alan>: Do I get an answer from the elder?
18:55 <Tikvah_GMing>: "The first night we saw the monsters, everyone agreed to come and stay in the warehouse for safety. But not Aakon. He didn't believe there was anything out there. In the morning we cam to his house and found this. No body anywhere."
18:55 <Tikvah_GMing>: Finn looks bored.
18:56 <Gromit>: Does the village keep pigs?
18:56 <Ookook>: Or any kind of hoofed critter?
18:56 <Tikvah_GMing>: No. This is a woodcutting village.
18:57 <Gromit>: So any tracks we find should lead us to the culprit.
18:57 <Victor>: "There's just one creature?"
18:57 <Ookook>: "There were many many tracks at the edges of the village."
18:57 <Victor>: "Ah."
18:57 <Tikvah_GMing>: Many horseback riding travellers would frequent the roads.
18:57 <Gromit>: Horse feet typically look a little different, unless we're deating with centaurs.
18:58 <Ookook>: "So an whole army of wild boars killed Aakon"
18:58 <Gromit>: And I have a taste for the creature(s) now.
18:58 <Tikvah_GMing>: "We once saw the monster ones, but at night we hear them scratching at the door and shrieking around the warehouse."
18:59 <Gromit>: "Every night?"
18:59 <Ookook>: "Could Gromit taste the tracks to see if they are monster?"
18:59 Alan checks the warehouse
18:59 <Tikvah_GMing>: "Every night since we first saw them."
18:59 <Gromit>: "What else is a detective for?"
18:59 <Ookook>: "Then again, pig tracks might just taste like toenail."
19:00 <Tikvah_GMing>: Alan, do you go inside the warehouse, or look at the outside?
19:00 <Victor>: Can we get a sense from the prints and fight scene how large or not these are?
19:00 <Ookook>: "Weird feeding pattern for boars."
19:00 <Gromit>: "Toenails have a distinct aroma if you know what to look for."
19:00 <Alan>: I want to look at the outside first
19:00 <Gromit>: Did someone bring construction skill?
19:01 <Tikvah_GMing>: Judging by the claw marks in Aakon's house, the creature is at least as tall as a human.
19:01 <Ookook>: "Maybe we should wait in the trees outside the warehouse until nightfall, then the fight the baddies."
19:02 <Ookook>: "Orcs maybe?"
19:02 <Tikvah_GMing>: Alan, the warehouse is a sturdy building made of stone. The door is heavy oak, but you can see scratch marks on it.
19:02 <Ookook>: "Orcs are man-pigs basicly."
19:02 <Tikvah_GMing>: The roof is shingled.
19:02 <Victor>: Are we here to fight?
19:02 <Gromit>: "Are you not?"
19:04 <Victor>: "I'm not opposed to it, but it's not my call."
19:04 <Victor>: I look to Finn
19:04 <Tikvah_GMing>: Finn yawns. "So if we want to catch these creatures, we have to stay here till nightfall, or treck through the woods to find their hideout. I don't know about you guys, but I'm staying here."
19:04 <Gromit>: Does Finn look like much of a fighter?
19:04 <Ookook>: "Even if we were not here to fight, knowing the plight that these poor villagers are in, we must save them. Also, FIGHTING. Two times better than cooking."
19:05 <Alan>: "I think staying here would be wise. We have the advantage of an open area"
19:05 <Tikvah_GMing>: "We have to clear the village of monsters, but I'm leaving the methods up to you guys."
19:05 Victor nods
19:05 <Gromit>: "Well, we could try negotiating with the giant bloodthirsty pigs."
19:06 <Tikvah_GMing>: Finn carries duel swords on his back, and has a collection of dueling scars on his face. He looks like an able fighter.
19:06 <Ookook>: "Then we could arrange an even bigger fight."
19:06 <Gromit>: "I volunteer Alan, due to the similarity and all."
19:07 <Ookook>: "I possess training in persuasion."
19:07 <Ookook>: "and diplomacy"
19:08 <Gromit>: "...Okay, the tiny monkey can talk to the giant pig creatures."
19:08 <Victor>: I was going to wait for introductions, if we're playing them out, to see about this, but in light of what this first assignment entails it actually comes into play now
19:08 <Victor>: Your characters might already know me, by reputation. You can decide based on how aware they are of ongoings in the generally surrounding areas.
19:08 <Victor>: If they're not majorly disconnected from the community they'd likely have heard at least in passing of a "resident monster hunter" that kind of thing probably gets around I imagine.
19:09 <Gromit>: I know a few monster hunters. Different ones are still alive every week.
19:09 <Victor>: That may go for the villagers as well
19:09 <Ookook>: "Tiny monkey is master of talking to giant pig creatures."
19:10 <Victor>: "You've done it before?"
19:10 Alan looks inside the warehouse
19:11 <Tikvah_GMing>: The warehouse is dark, but you can see that about half of it is stacked full of wood. The other half has blankets, lamps and valuables scattered around the floor.
19:11 <Gromit>: "Okay, as the resident genius, I propose that the monkey tries to talk to the pig monsters, and while they're eating him we stab them in the back."
19:12 <Victor>: "That plan has merit."
19:12 <Victor>: "If we equal or outnumber them."
19:12 <Victor>: "But we don't know that we do."
19:12 <Ookook>: "I persuaded the court to hire me, pigs must be easier."
19:12 <Tikvah_GMing>: Do you want to wait at the village until nightfall?
19:13 Alan is slightly tempted by the valuables
19:13 <Victor>: How long is that?
19:13 <Tikvah_GMing>: About three hours.
19:13 <Ookook>: I want to wait until night fall.
19:13 <Victor>: "We should try tracking them to their lair. If they attack at night they likely sleep by day."
19:13 <Alan>: Can we arm the villagers?
19:13 <Gromit>: "You're a monster hunter. I'm sure you can handle two or three pigs all by yourself."
19:14 <Victor>: I read if that was mockery/disdain/etc or just teasing
19:15 <Ookook>: "Besides, the pigs may leave without a fight."
19:15 <Gromit>: Equal parts of distain and genuine expectation of performance.
19:15 <Victor>: I don't respond
19:15 <Gromit>: Okay.
19:15 Gromit looks around for cover near the warehouse.
19:16 <Tikvah_GMing>: While you are talking, Finn goes to sleep on a pile of hay.
19:16 <Tikvah_GMing>: It is about 200 feet from the warehouse to the woods, and 20 feet to the nearest house.
19:16 Victor tries to track the tracks back
19:17 Ookook waits outside near a tree that is easy to climb
19:17 <Tikvah_GMing>: The road between the houses is 10 feet wide.
19:17 <Gromit>: How slanty/high are the roofs?
19:17 <Tikvah_GMing>: The roofs are mildly slanted, but can be stood on without trouble.
19:18 <Tikvah_GMing>: Victor, roll a tracking check.
19:18 <Victor>: How tall?
19:18 <Tikvah_GMing>: About 6 feet from the edge of the roof to the ground.
19:18 <Ookook>: Are there any trees inside the village?
19:18 <Victor>: !roll d20
19:18 <Dicebot>: Victor: 9
19:18 <Tikvah_GMing>: No, there are not.
19:19 <Ookook>: If I wait by a tree could the monster miss me?
19:19 Alan climbs onto the warehouse roof
19:19 <Tikvah_GMing>: Victor, the horse tracks continue down the road as far as you can see.
19:19 <Tikvah_GMing>: Alan, roll a climbing check.
19:19 <Ookook>: Or will I be clearly visible?
19:19 <Victor>: We didn't find monster tracks?
19:20 <Tikvah_GMing>: No.
19:20 <Alan>: Is that a speed check?
19:20 <Tikvah_GMing>: Yes.
19:20 Gromit gets a ladder and climbs the sane way.
19:20 <Alan>: !roll d20 1 effort
19:20 <Dicebot>: Alan, 1 effort: 14
19:20 <Gromit>: And to be clear, warehouse roof.
19:20 <Ookook>: Wait does that mean that the monsters might not be pigs?
19:20 <Gromit>: I rolled really high on that fur test.
19:20 <Ookook>: Good point
19:21 <Gromit>: "The sooner we meet them the sooner we'll know for sure."
19:21 <Victor>: Is there a barn or something with a lot of hay in it?
19:21 <Ookook>: Anyhow, our plan is species independent.
19:22 <Ookook>: (I'm ready to time skip to night, personally.)
19:22 <Tikvah_GMing>: The warehouse roof is a bit higher than the others, but you barely manage to scramble up.
19:22 <Alan>: We might ought to give some thought to setting a trap
19:22 <Tikvah_GMing>: There are barns with hay in them.
19:22 <Gromit>: Okay, make sure the plan is clear, where is everyone positioned, Victor are your teleport points set up?
19:22 <Victor>: Working on it
19:22 <Victor>: Does it have a closing door?
19:23 <Tikvah_GMing>: Yes, but the door has large crack that you can stick your hand through.
19:23 Victor goes in there and sticks a marked bolt in the far wall
19:23 Victor tosses a bolt up to Gromit to stick in the roof
19:23 <Ookook>: plan as I understand it. "I try to convince the monsters to leave though diplomacy. If that fails, I climb the tree, while the monsters try to eat me, you kill the monsters."
19:24 <Tikvah_GMing>: Ookook, if you want to find a tree, you must go to the forest.
19:24 <Ookook>: I should be standing near to the warehouse shouldn't I.
19:24 <Alan>: Depending on their numbers
19:24 <Ookook>: Otherwise you can't swing in and save me.
19:24 <Alan>: Again, can we arm the Villagers?
19:24 <Ookook>: Do we have arms?
19:24 <Gromit>: "How about you climb the warehouse instead, so we all fit and can jump down or shoot down at them?"
19:24 <Alan>: Ooo
19:25 <Tikvah_GMing>: The villagers do not look to be in fighting shape.
19:25 <Tikvah_GMing>: None of them want to talk to you either.
19:25 <Alan>: All the same, ookook should make an attempt to convince them to help
19:25 <Ookook>: How about I wait at the back of the warehouse.
19:25 Victor climbs onto a house on either side of the road and puts a bolt in each roof
19:26 <Victor>: Not across from each other, one further down
19:26 <Tikvah_GMing>: Noted.
19:27 <Victor>: How far to the forest?
19:27 <Tikvah_GMing>: 200 feet
19:27 <Victor>: From every house?
19:28 <Tikvah_GMing>: Yes.
19:28 <Ookook>: It would be hard to convince the villagers to attack at the right time.
19:28 <Victor>: Is there a wrong time?
19:28 <Ookook>: Because we would need them to wait until after the diplomacy failed.
19:28 <Gromit>: "I don't want to deal with civilian casualties."
19:28 <Ookook>: Otherwise, we would be committing a grave crime.
19:29 Victor puts a marked bolt in the closest tree at the edge of the forest
19:29 <Alan>: Love how no one is willing to fight for their own village ;)
19:29 <Victor>: I was just thinking that as well
19:29 <Gromit>: They're villagers, they'll be level two or three at best.
19:30 <Ookook>: We don't want to ruin the reputation of the great Drindall.
19:30 <Victor>: Is the Drindall great?
19:30 <Ookook>: I think I will wait as far as possible from the door of the warehouse, but still near the road.
19:31 <Gromit>: "He's paying us. His greatness is subjectively important".
19:31 <Alan>: But Victor and I are on the roof of the warehouse
19:31 <Victor>: I'm not yet
19:31 <Ookook>: That is why I want to be near the warehouse.
19:31 <Gromit>: Victor can be anywhere though.
19:32 <Ookook>: But I want to be far from the warehouse door, so that we could use it in an emergency.
19:32 <Gromit>: Ah.
19:32 <Tikvah_GMing>: The road runs north to south, with the warehouse on the northern end. What side do you want the forest arrow on?
19:33 <Victor>: I want it on the west side, looking along the road toward the warehouse
19:33 <Victor>: Across from the house I marked on that side of the road
19:34 <Tikvah_GMing>: So on the nearest tree, but by the road?
19:34 <Victor>: A tree that would be in range to go to from that roof
19:34 <Tikvah_GMing>: OK, I have it marked.
19:34 <Victor>: Wait
19:35 <Victor>: Are all trees not part of the forest?
19:35 <Ookook>: Aren't all trees part of the forest?
19:35 <Ookook>: Because there are no tree inside the village.
19:35 <Victor>: That's what I'm making sure
19:35 <Tikvah_GMing>: There are no trees besides the forest.
19:35 <Gromit>: It's a logging village, my impression is that they've murdered every tree outwards in a circular pattern.
19:36 <Alan>: Fast forward to nightfall?
19:36 <Ookook>: I'm ready
19:36 <Gromit>: Okay. Let's do this.
19:37 Gromit makes sure Finn is caught up on the plan and awake.
19:37 <Victor>: I was just confused by her asking for clarification of "nearest"
19:38 <Victor>: If it's just the forest out there, they should all be the same distance away
19:38 <Tikvah_GMing>: The sun is setting. The villagers lock themselves into the warehouse.
19:38 <Tikvah_GMing>: Where do you station yourselves?
19:39 <Ookook>: If I cast a tripping spell, will I have to skip a turn before talking to the monsters?
19:39 <Ookook>: The tripping would be so that I could hear them coming.
19:39 <Alan>: Still on the warehouse roof
19:39 <Gromit>: Warehouse roof.
19:39 <Tikvah_GMing>: You want to lower their stealth?
19:39 <Ookook>: Yes.
19:39 <Gromit>: You're smiting the enemy stealth?
19:40 <Tikvah_GMing>: If you care to remember, the villagers describe them as "Shrieking"
19:40 <Ookook>: oh.
19:40 <Ookook>: That doesn't sound like orcs to me.
19:40 <Gromit>: Beiber Fangirls.
19:40 <Tikvah_GMing>: Also, if you want to wait until they are within 50 feet.
19:40 <Ookook>: Nevermind then
19:40 <Victor>: I need to know what is in range of what
19:40 <Victor>: If they aren't all of each other
19:40 <Victor>: I wanted the houses along the road in range of the warehouse
19:41 <Tikvah_GMing>: OK.
19:41 <Tikvah_GMing>: Finn decides to join you guys on the roof.
19:41 <Gromit>: Woo. Roof party.
19:41 <Victor>: Where is that barn?
19:41 <Tikvah_GMing>: North east corner of the village.
19:42 <Victor>: Warehouse side?
19:42 <Gromit>: That would be...rear left?
19:42 <Tikvah_GMing>: The warehouse is in the north.
19:42 <Tikvah_GMing>: Yes.
19:43 <Victor>: K
19:43 <Tikvah_GMing>: Arrow 1: North east barn full of hay
19:43 <Tikvah_GMing>: Arrow 2: Warehouse roof
19:43 <Tikvah_GMing>: Arrow 3: West side of the road, on a roof
19:43 <Tikvah_GMing>: Arrow 4: South east roof
19:43 <Tikvah_GMing>: Arrow 5: West forest tree
19:44 <Tikvah_GMing>: Everyone, roll perception checks.
19:44 <Ookook>: !roll d20
19:44 <Dicebot>: Ookook: 11
19:44 <Victor>: !roll d20
19:44 <Dicebot>: Victor: 14
19:44 <Alan>: !roll d20 specialized
19:44 <Dicebot>: Alan, specialized: 19
19:44 <Gromit>: !roll d20
19:44 <Dicebot>: Gromit: 8
19:46 <Tikvah_GMing>: You hear a group of animals approaching from the South. You hear eerie shrieks and bushes cracking.
19:46 <Tikvah_GMing>: One of the creatures seems very large.
19:46 <Tikvah_GMing>: You see some trees swaying.
19:46 <Gromit>: Oh boy.
19:47 <Ookook>: I'm beginning to think that we may have made a mistake in our detective work...
19:47 <Ookook>: Unless they are very very big pigs.
19:47 <Ookook>: Or pigs riding on the backs of elephants.
19:48 <Gromit>: We found them. That was the plan, right?
19:48 <Ookook>: Orcs might ride on elephants.
19:48 <Ookook>: They must be meat eaters because the body is gone.
19:48 <Alan>: Zombie pigmen?
19:49 <Ookook>: Or just creepy taxidermists.
19:49 <Tikvah_GMing>: You see 4 smaller shapes emerge from the trees, followed by one the size of Aakon's house.
19:49 <Gromit>: !!!
19:49 <Tikvah_GMing>: Roll Perception.
19:49 <Gromit>: I get the big one.
19:49 <Gromit>: !roll d20
19:49 <Dicebot>: Gromit: 4
19:49 <Ookook>: !roll d20
19:49 <Dicebot>: Ookook: 8
19:49 <Ookook>: Is Aakon's house still around?
19:49 <Ookook>: Or did they steal it?
19:50 <Alan>: !roll d20 specialized
19:50 <Dicebot>: Alan, specialized: 17
19:50 <Tikvah_GMing>: It was still there last time you checked.
19:50 <Ookook>: Can I see it from where I am standing?
19:51 <Tikvah_GMing>: Two of the smaller shapes are bear-sized brutes covered in long, shaggy hair. Long, gleaming tusks stick from their mouths. They shuffle slowly on all-fours, their small red eyes focused on the ground before them.
19:51 <Tikvah_GMing>: The other two are child sized creatures with a patch of porcupine quills sticking from their back. They have a monkey-like build, with sharp claws and a long, hairless tail. Every so often one of them emits a shrill shriek that is repeated by the others.
19:52 <Tikvah_GMing>: The large one is a slimy thing as tall as a house, that drags itself along by its tentacles. A colossal eyeball rests in the centre, flicking from side to side blankly. Everywhere it goes, it leaves a thick trail of slime.
19:52 <Tikvah_GMing>: And on that note, everyone roll a fear check.
19:53 <Gromit>: !roll d20 1 effort
19:53 <Dicebot>: Gromit, 1 effort: 18
19:53 <Alan>: !roll d20
19:53 <Dicebot>: Alan: 9
19:54 <Ookook>: !roll d20
19:54 <Dicebot>: Ookook: 18
19:54 <Victor>: !roll d20 trained
19:54 <Dicebot>: Victor, trained: 3
19:54 <Alan>: Do I get an asset for being royalty of a warrior clan?
19:54 <Tikvah_GMing>: No.
19:54 <Gromit>: Victor clearly is the only one who really grasps the situation.
19:55 <Victor>: I've seen enough to know when there's a problem.
19:55 <Tikvah_GMing>: Gromit and Ookook manage to keep their cool. Everyone else, take defensive actions of fleeing actions.
19:55 <Tikvah_GMing>: Finn is also unaffected.
19:56 <Ookook>: Are the porcupines with in yelling distance?
19:56 <Alan>: I'm on a roof. That feels defensive enough =P
19:56 <Victor>: That's what I thought too
19:56 <Victor>: What more can we do than hide on the roof?
19:56 <Gromit>: So we're in combat now? Turn order?
19:56 <Tikvah_GMing>: Roll initiative.
19:56 <Gromit>: !roll d20
19:56 <Ookook>: !roll d20
19:56 <Dicebot>: Gromit: 15
19:56 <Dicebot>: Ookook: 10
19:57 <Alan>: !roll d20
19:57 <Dicebot>: Alan: 11
19:57 <Gromit>: Well, there is the freeze in fear option.
19:57 <Ookook>: Can I use my small animal asset in initiative?
19:57 <Tikvah_GMing>: No.
19:57 <Alan>: Alright, I freeze
19:58 <Tikvah_GMing>: Victor, roll initiative.
19:58 <Tikvah_GMing>: The creatures reach the farthest house.
19:59 <Victor>: !roll d20
19:59 <Dicebot>: Victor: 11
19:59 <Victor>: Not can; what more would we feel the need to do I mean
19:59 <Gromit>: Teleport to the highest roof available?
19:59 <Ookook>: Flee in terror?
20:00 <Gromit>: Because I don't think a six foot drop will keep them down.
20:00 <Ookook>: I'm sure they will listen to reasoned diplomacy.
20:00 <Victor>: I thought this was the highest roof
20:01 <Victor>: That's why I'm here
20:01 <Tikvah_GMing>: Turn Order: Finn, Eyeball, Gromit, Bear-pigs, porcupines, Alan, Victor, OokOok
20:02 <Tikvah_GMing>: Finn makes no move besides leaning back on the roof to get a better view.
20:02 <Tikvah_GMing>: The Eyeball pulls itself along the houses towards the warehouse.
20:02 <Tikvah_GMing>: Gromit, your move.
20:03 <Gromit>: I climb up the warehouse roof and lie down so that the peak covers me from the enemy.
20:03 Gromit does that.
20:05 <Tikvah_GMing>: OK.
20:06 <Tikvah_GMing>: The bear-pigs continue towards the warehouse, briefly pausing to sniff Aakon's door. The Porcupines climb the roofs, one on each side of the road.
20:07 <Tikvah_GMing>: Alan, your move.
20:08 <Alan>: I follow Gromit's example and hide out of sight from the creatures
20:08 <Tikvah_GMing>: OK.
20:08 <Tikvah_GMing>: Victor, your turn.
20:09 <Victor>: Can I do something?
20:09 <Tikvah_GMing>: Yes, you can do something.
20:10 Victor whispers
20:10 <Victor>: "Are we not attacking?"
20:10 <Alan>: "What about the monkey's diplomacy?"
20:11 <Victor>: "Oh right"
20:11 <Tikvah_GMing>: Talking is a free action. Do you want to do anything else?
20:11 <Victor>: I take a bead on a porcupine but hold fire
20:11 <Victor>: Can we hold actions in this system?
20:11 <Alan>: How far apart are the roofs?
20:12 <Tikvah_GMing>: Yes, and about 5 feet.
20:12 <Alan>: So easily jumpable
20:12 <Victor>: I hold my attack until we see what Ookook does
20:12 <Tikvah_GMing>: Ookook, your turn.
20:14 Ookook yells "Observe that for all your effort you have not profited very much. Only a single body in several days. You have many large creatures. Perhaps you should target an area will a larger population density and lower defences, or perhaps take up farming. Farming can raise high amounts of meat sustainably without angering the empire. Also, killing people is mean."
20:15 <Ookook>: !roll d20 Specialized persuasion 1 effort
20:15 <Dicebot>: Ookook, Specialized persuasion 1 effort: 9
20:15 <Tikvah_GMing>: They absolutely ignore you.
20:15 <Ookook>: :(
20:15 Victor fires
20:16 <Tikvah_GMing>: Roll for it.
20:16 <Victor>: !roll d20 trained
20:16 <Dicebot>: Victor, trained: 13
20:16 <Victor>: Porcupine on the right
20:17 <Tikvah_GMing>: You hit it. It lets out a shriek.
20:17 <Ookook>: "So the porcupines must be the shriekers."
20:19 <Tikvah_GMing>: Finn sighs. "Well that was a touching speech, but I don't think they were listening. The big one's mine!" He lets out a whoop and jumps from the roof towards the creatures.
20:19 <Tikvah_GMing>: The eye pauses in its advance and stares at you.
20:19 <Tikvah_GMing>: Gromit, your move.
20:20 <Victor>: At who
20:21 <Tikvah_GMing>: All of you on the roof.
20:21 Gromit waits for something to get close enough to jump directly down onto.
20:21 <Ookook>: "So the eye was listening."
20:21 <Tikvah_GMing>: The eye has ears.
20:21 <Ookook>: Hopefully, it was also listening to the message.
20:22 <Gromit>: Well, now it's going to get stabbed in the eye.
20:22 <Tikvah_GMing>: The Bear-Pigs grunt and run towards the warehouse. The Porcupines jump a roof nearer and fling some quills at you.
20:22 <Tikvah_GMing>: Everyone, Dodge.
20:23 <Gromit>: !roll d20 1 inability
20:23 <Dicebot>: Gromit, 1 inability: 11
20:23 <Ookook>: !roll d20 asset monkey powers
20:23 <Dicebot>: Ookook, asset monkey powers: 4
20:23 <Gromit>: I think dodge is a combat skill...
20:23 <Ookook>: Not a speed skill?
20:23 <Tikvah_GMing>: A speed combat skill.
20:24 <Ookook>: You are right.
20:24 <Ookook>: monkey powers do not apply.
20:24 <Alan>: !roll d20 trained 1 effort
20:24 <Dicebot>: Alan, trained 1 effort: 2
20:24 <Tikvah_GMing>: Oooooooh....
20:24 <Victor>: He dosn't have a kismet
20:24 <Victor>: ;)
20:24 <Tikvah_GMing>: Unfortunately.
20:24 <Victor>: !roll d20 specialized
20:24 <Dicebot>: Victor, specialized: 9
20:25 <Tikvah_GMing>: Well, Everyone take 2 damage.
20:25 <Victor>: On a 15?
20:25 <Tikvah_GMing>: Oops, not you.
20:25 <Victor>: K
20:25 <Tikvah_GMing>: Everyone else.
20:25 <Alan>: To?
20:25 <Victor>: Might
20:25 <Tikvah_GMing>: Damage is might.
20:26 <Gromit>: Might unless otherwise specified. Remember to apply armor if you got it.
20:26 <Tikvah_GMing>: Alan, your turn.
20:28 Alan jumps along the roofs toward the porcupine on the same side of the road
20:28 <Tikvah_GMing>: Are you on the Warehouse roof?
20:29 <Alan>: Yes
20:29 <Tikvah_GMing>: That's a jump of 20 feet.
20:29 <Victor>: Yeah
20:30 <Alan>: Oh?
20:30 <Tikvah_GMing>: Do you still want to attempt?
20:30 <Alan>: I thought the buildings were 5 feet apart?
20:30 <Victor>: The houses are close together - away from the warehouse
20:30 <Tikvah_GMing>: 20 feet from the warehouse to the nearest house, 5 feet between the houses.
20:30 <Alan>: Any hints on how difficult that is?
20:30 <Gromit>: "Eh, you can make it. Give it a go."
20:30 <Alan>: Keep in mind the extra height of the warehouse roof
20:31 <Gromit>: I think it's actually nigh impossible for a baseline human.
20:32 <Tikvah_GMing>: The Olympic record for long jump is 29 feet.
20:32 <Tikvah_GMing>: So unless you are an olympic athlete...
20:32 <Alan>: Alright, well
20:32 <Alan>: I have no range attacks...
20:33 <Victor>: Smart to fight from the roof then
20:33 <Ookook>: You could come join me on the ground.
20:33 <Ookook>: Though I plan to leave soon.
20:33 <Gromit>: You have the garbage standard pistol like the rest of us.
20:33 <Alan>: Can I taunt the porcupine to come to us?
20:33 <Gromit>: But yeah, if the giant eye is busy we can beat these others in a fair fight.
20:34 <Tikvah_GMing>: You could taunt it, but they are coming this way already.
20:34 <Alan>: Okay, I take a shot at it then
20:35 <Alan>: !roll d20
20:35 <Dicebot>: Alan: 14
20:35 <Tikvah_GMing>: Are you shooting at the same one Victor hit?
20:37 <Alan>: Whichever one is on the opposite side
20:37 <Tikvah_GMing>: In any case, you just graze it.
20:36 <Victor>: For curiosity, which marked house is further back from here, left or right?
20:38 <Tikvah_GMing>: Left house is farthest away.
20:38 <Victor>: And the right one is the one on the marked tree side
20:38 <Tikvah_GMing>: Yes.
20:38 <Victor>: Great
20:39 <Tikvah_GMing>: Victor, your turn.
20:40 Victor shoots at the right porcupine again
20:40 <Tikvah_GMing>: Roll for it.
20:40 <Victor>: !roll d20 trained
20:40 <Dicebot>: Victor, trained: 18
20:40 <Tikvah_GMing>: You hit it. It lets out a gurgling sound and falls off the roof.
20:40 <Victor>: Nice
20:40 <Tikvah_GMing>: Ookook, your turn.
20:41 Ookook climbs up onto the warehouse and hides behind the roof.
20:41 <Tikvah_GMing>: OK.
20:41 <Ookook>: !roll d20 Monkey powers?
20:41 <Dicebot>: Ookook, Monkey powers?: 17
20:41 <Tikvah_GMing>: Yeah, you succeed.
20:41 <Tikvah_GMing>: And really. Monkey powers?
20:41 <Victor>: Climbing proficiency
20:41 <Ookook>: I think climbing would be non-combat.
20:41 <Gromit>: He is a creature of cultural dignity.
20:42 <Tikvah_GMing>: Finn has reached the giant slime and stabs a sword into its eye.
20:42 <Victor>: Yay
20:42 <Tikvah_GMing>: It tries to grab him.
20:42 <Victor>: Boo
20:42 <Tikvah_GMing>: Gromit, your turn
20:43 <Ookook>: Does it succeed?
20:43 <Gromit>: What's the closest creature at this point?
20:43 <Tikvah_GMing>: The other porcupine.
20:43 <Gromit>: Range?
20:43 <Tikvah_GMing>: 75 feet.
20:44 <Gromit>: Note. Fin is fast.
20:44 <Gromit>: I run to close distance with the nearest ground opponent.
20:44 Gromit repeats that, but in the right format.
20:45 <Tikvah_GMing>: Roll a run check.
20:45 <Gromit>: !roll d20
20:45 <Dicebot>: Gromit: 12
20:45 <Gromit>: Oh. 1 inability.
20:46 <Tikvah_GMing>: You successfully run towards the nearest bear.
20:46 <Tikvah_GMing>: It runs towards you.
20:46 <Tikvah_GMing>: So does the other one.
20:47 <Tikvah_GMing>: The remaining porcupine flings a handfull of quills at Finn. Some of them hit.
20:47 <Tikvah_GMing>: Alan's turn.
20:47 <Alan>: What's near me?
20:48 <Tikvah_GMing>: A porcupine.
20:48 <Tikvah_GMing>: Well, about as far as on Gromit's turn.
20:49 <Gromit>: Come. Help. Me.
20:49 <Alan>: Alright, I rush to Gromit's aid
20:50 Alan does that
20:50 <Ookook>: "Why are we abandoning the high ground?"
20:50 <Victor>: They can't do anything from here
20:50 <Tikvah_GMing>: Roll a run check.
20:50 <Alan>: !roll d20 1 effort
20:50 <Dicebot>: Alan, 1 effort: 20
20:50 <Tikvah_GMing>: Whooo.
20:51 <Tikvah_GMing>: You cover the distance between you and the bears.
20:51 <Tikvah_GMing>: They are startled to see you.
20:51 <Gromit>: We are overcome with confidence.
20:51 <Gromit>: And soon with bears.
20:52 <Ookook>: "Do you think that I should chase after you or shoot from here until the monsters are close enough to cast debuff dodge?"
20:52 <Gromit>: "Get your monkey powers up here and support us."
20:52 <Tikvah_GMing>: Victor, your turn.
20:52 <Victor>: Is my porcupine dead or just grounded?
20:52 <Tikvah_GMing>: Dead.
20:52 Victor shoots at the other one
20:53 <Tikvah_GMing>: Roll for it.
20:53 <Victor>: !roll d20 trained
20:53 <Dicebot>: Victor, trained: 18
20:53 <Tikvah_GMing>: I assume this is your crossbow?
20:53 <Victor>: Yes or it wouldn't be trained
20:54 <Victor>: And that's the exact same roll as before \:D/
20:54 <Tikvah_GMing>: You hit it. It stumbles and lets out a nasty groan.
20:54 <Victor>: Dead?
20:54 <Tikvah_GMing>: Almost. It won't be doing much.
20:55 <Tikvah_GMing>: Ookook, your turn.
20:55 <Ookook>: If I run to the point where the maximum number on monsters is within 50ft of me, will I be surrounded with monsters?
20:56 Alan keeps reading Ookook as Outlook
20:56 <Ookook>: And will I be near Gromit and Fin?
20:56 <Tikvah_GMing>: No. You will be near Gromit and Alan.
20:56 <Tikvah_GMing>: *Finn
20:56 <Tikvah_GMing>: His name is spelled Finn.
20:56 <Gromit>: If you come up behind us we should be between you and all the monsters thus far.
20:57 Ookook runs to the point the the maximum number of monsters is within 50ft of me.
20:57 <Ookook>: !roll d20 monkey powers
20:57 <Dicebot>: Ookook, monkey powers: 9
20:57 <Tikvah_GMing>: The two bears are within range.
20:57 <Victor>: Don't roll unless she makes you
20:58 <Victor>: Sometimes movement is automatic
20:58 <Tikvah_GMing>: Finn slashes at the slime's leg. It flails. Gromit, your turn.
20:59 Gromit bull-rushes the nearest bear, trying to knock it to the ground.
21:00 <Tikvah_GMing>: Roll strength check.
21:00 <Gromit>: !roll d20 1 effort
21:00 <Dicebot>: Gromit, 1 effort: 8
21:00 <Tikvah_GMing>: It stumbles, but doesn't fall.
21:01 <Gromit>: Right then.
21:01 <Tikvah_GMing>: It regains its balance and the other one slashes its claws at you. Dodge.
21:01 <Gromit>: !roll d20 1 inability
21:01 <Dicebot>: Gromit, 1 inability: 19
21:01 <Tikvah_GMing>: You jump clear.
21:02 <Tikvah_GMing>: The porcupine doesn't do anything.
21:02 <Tikvah_GMing>: Alan, your turn.
21:03 <Alan>: I attack a bear with my ax
21:03 <Tikvah_GMing>: Roll for it.
21:04 <Alan>: Would this be speed or might?
21:04 <Victor>: Medium weapon?
21:04 <Alan>: Yes
21:04 <Gromit>: Medium weapon is speed. Heavy weapon is might.
21:04 <Alan>: !roll d20 1 effort
21:04 <Dicebot>: Alan, 1 effort: 7
21:05 <Victor>: Effort to what
21:05 <Alan>: Oh yeah, I have to specify
21:05 <Alan>: Hit
21:05 <Tikvah_GMing>: You miss.
21:05 <Alan>: I miss anyway tho
21:05 <Tikvah_GMing>: Victor, your turn.
21:05 Victor shoots at the bear Gromit tried to tackle
21:06 <Tikvah_GMing>: Roll for it.
21:06 <Victor>: !roll d20 trained
21:06 <Dicebot>: Victor, trained: 2
21:06 <Victor>: Ha
21:06 <Tikvah_GMing>: OoooOOOoooOOOoooh.
21:06 <Victor>: Okay then
21:06 <Victor>: I get the first!
21:06 <Tikvah_GMing>: You remember that barn with the hay?
21:06 <Tikvah_GMing>: That's where you are.
21:06 <Victor>: Okay
21:07 <Tikvah_GMing>: Ookook, your move.
21:07 Ookook bang my cymbals together to cause a 2 debuff of dodge from the awful noise.
21:07 <Tikvah_GMing>: Roll for it.
21:08 <Ookook>: !roll d20 1 effort
21:08 <Dicebot>: Ookook, 1 effort: 6
21:08 <Tikvah_GMing>: OK, debuff established.
21:09 <Gromit>: Okay, effort on the bears goes into damage now.
21:09 <Tikvah_GMing>: Finn runs up the Eye and drives both swords into the top. The eyes collapses in a twitching mass.
21:09 <Tikvah_GMing>: Gromit, your turn.
21:09 <Gromit>: So Finn just killed a building.
21:10 <Tikvah_GMing>: A building made of slime, yes.
21:10 <Victor>: Eye shot is an auto crit maybe
21:10 <Gromit>: I put the bear in a chokehold.
21:10 <Ookook>: Maybe, the building will have loot in it.
21:10 <Ookook>: Like 50 gallons of slime.
21:10 <Tikvah_GMing>: Roll a wrestling check.
21:11 <Gromit>: !roll d20 1 effort trained
21:11 <Dicebot>: Gromit, 1 effort trained: 6
21:11 <Tikvah_GMing>: You restrain it.
21:12 <Gromit>: Okay, with the dodge debuff it should be practically impossible to miss.
21:12 <Tikvah_GMing>: The other bear turns to Alan and attacks. Dodge.
21:12 <Alan>: !roll d20 trained 1 effort
21:12 <Dicebot>: Alan, trained 1 effort: 10
21:12 <Tikvah_GMing>: You jump clear.
21:13 <Tikvah_GMing>: Alan, your turn.
21:14 <Alan>: I take a swipe at a bear
21:15 <Alan>: !roll d20 1 effort
21:15 <Dicebot>: Alan, 1 effort: 16
21:15 <Gromit>: Specify my bear.
21:15 <Tikvah_GMing>: Which bear?
21:15 <Gromit>: And also effort type.
21:15 <Ookook>: And effort should go to damage, because of the debuff
21:17 <Alan>: I don't care which bear
21:17 <Tikvah_GMing>: OK, Gromit's bear it is.
21:17 <Alan>: But yeah, damage was my intent
21:17 <Tikvah_GMing>: You take a big hack at it. It seems injured.
21:17 <Tikvah_GMing>: Victor, your turn.
21:18 Victor goes to the crack in the door and looks through
21:18 <Victor>: Can I see any of the creatures
21:18 <Tikvah_GMing>: You see between to houses to where the fight is going on.
21:19 <Tikvah_GMing>: Do you want to shoot?
21:19 <Victor>: I can see the bears?
21:19 <Tikvah_GMing>: Yes.
21:19 Victor shoots the one they're engaged with
21:19 <Tikvah_GMing>: Roll for it.
21:19 <Victor>: !roll d20 trained
21:19 <Dicebot>: Victor, trained: 13
21:20 <Tikvah_GMing>: You hit. The bear slumps to the ground.
21:20 <Tikvah_GMing>: Ookook. Go.
21:20 <Gromit>: I want Victor's dice. Can I have his dice?
21:21 <Ookook>: Are the two bears still in my range?
21:21 <Tikvah_GMing>: One bear is dead, but yes.
21:21 <Ookook>: So only one bear is alive?
21:21 <Tikvah_GMing>: Yes.
21:22 <Ookook>: I continue to play my cymbals.
21:22 <Ookook>: with the same debuff type.
21:23 <Tikvah_GMing>: OK, roll.
21:23 <Ookook>: !roll d20 1 effort
21:23 <Dicebot>: Ookook, 1 effort: 13
21:23 <Tikvah_GMing>: You succeed.
21:24 <Tikvah_GMing>: Finn starts looking around his monster for loot.
21:24 <Tikvah_GMing>: Gromit's turn.
21:24 <Gromit>: I hit a bear with a dead bear.
21:24 <Tikvah_GMing>: Roll for it.
21:24 <Gromit>: !roll d20 1 effort
21:24 <Dicebot>: Gromit, 1 effort: 3
21:24 <Gromit>: Darn.
21:25 <Gromit>: Give me soething to work with here, dicebot.
21:26 <Tikvah_GMing>: You miss.
21:27 <Tikvah_GMing>: The remaining bear charges at you. Dodge.
21:27 <Gromit>: !roll d20 1 inability
21:27 <Dicebot>: Gromit, 1 inability: 7
21:28 <Tikvah_GMing>: The bear catches you with its claws, take 4 damage.
21:28 Gromit takes four damage.
21:28 <Tikvah_GMing>: Alan, your turn.
21:28 <Alan>: I attack the bear
21:28 <Tikvah_GMing>: Roll for it.
21:29 <Alan>: It's still debuffed, yes?
21:29 <Tikvah_GMing>: Yes.
21:29 <Alan>: !roll d20 1 effort to damage
21:29 <Dicebot>: Alan, 1 effort to damage: 18
21:29 <Tikvah_GMing>: You take a chunk out of the bear. It looks really angry.
21:30 <Tikvah_GMing>: Victor, your turn.
21:30 <Victor>: Is the bear all that's left?
21:30 <Tikvah_GMing>: Yes.
21:30 Victor shoots
21:30 <Gromit>: Aside from one very mostly dead porky.
21:30 <Victor>: !roll d20 trained
21:30 <Dicebot>: Victor, trained: 14
21:31 <Tikvah_GMing>: You hit the bear, knocking it to the ground.
21:31 <Tikvah_GMing>: End of turns.
21:31 <Ookook>: Is the bear dead?
21:31 <Tikvah_GMing>: Yes.
21:31 Ookook looks inside the slime house
21:31 <Gromit>: Okay. Important question. Does the giant slime taste like fruit jelly?
21:31 <Victor>: I exit the barn
21:31 <Victor>: No
21:31 <Victor>: I bamf back to the warehouse roof
21:32 Alan takes teeth from each of the creatures
21:32 Victor shoots the other porcupine
21:32 <Tikvah_GMing>: Roll for shooting.
21:32 <Alan>: Each of the types, that is
21:32 <Tikvah_GMing>: Gromit, the slime tastes like eyeballs.
21:33 <Gromit>: I'm glad I know this.
21:33 <Gromit>: Also, stop incompentently mangling the prisoner of war.
21:33 <Tikvah_GMing>: Alan, you don't manage to find any teeth in the slime, and if Finn got any loot he's not telling.
21:33 <Victor>: !roll d20 trained
21:33 <Dicebot>: Victor, trained: 3
21:33 <Alan>: I also want to have a closer look at the dead villager's house, see if there's anything special he was trying to protect, or some other reason he stayed behind
21:34 <Ookook>: I play a joyful song on my cymbals.
21:34 <Tikvah_GMing>: Finn sheaths his swords and yawns. "Well, now we need to head back before they send a search party for us."
21:35 <Ookook>: Should we take the poisoner of war with us?
21:35 Victor gathers teeth, claws, and quills from each creature
21:35 <Tikvah_GMing>: Alright.
21:35 <Alan>: I want the eye
21:35 <Gromit>: "Why are you collecting all the bits you can't eat?"
21:35 <Victor>: "I always take trophies, son."
21:36 <Victor>: "I'll show you my vampire teeth sometime."
21:36 <Victor>: As I pass by Gromit I say "Four kills. Double what was requested."
21:36 <Gromit>: I am duly impressed.
21:36 <Tikvah_GMing>: See if you can get anyone to help you carry that eye, Alan.
21:36 <Alan>: Also, did I find anything in the dead villager's house?
21:36 <Ookook>: Would playing a song of debuff heaviness help Alan?
21:36 <Ookook>: If heaviness is a skill that is.
21:36 <Gromit>: I don't think it works on dead creatures.
21:37 <Gromit>: There's a spear, but we should probably tear up the floorboards, and then burn it down for good measure.
21:37 <Tikvah_GMing>: Finn cuts short the trophy taking, saying that he wants to get to bed.
21:37 <Gromit>: Could be contaminated. Who knows what awful diseases you could get from touching these things.
21:38 <Ookook>: Be careful not to burn down village while burning down the house.
21:38 <Tikvah_GMing>: "Count Drindall will be worried if we don't make it back tonight."
21:38 <Tikvah_GMing>: The villagers are coming out of the warehouse, and they object to you setting fire to the houses.
21:38 <Gromit>: "Are gigantic eyeball slimes /routine/ around here?"
21:39 <Ookook>: Well the villagers had a armoured house, so it would suggest that they were expecting to be attacked.
21:39 <Tikvah_GMing>: They had a warehouse to keep firewood in.
21:39 <Victor>: "Will there be some payment for this?"
21:39 <Victor>: "Were we here already on retainer?"
21:39 <Tikvah_GMing>: "Yeah, you'll get some pay."
21:39 Victor nods and collects his effects
21:39 <Ookook>: Also, there were no orcs.
21:40 <Victor>: Or pigs...
21:40 <Ookook>: But I suppose the porky pines would taste like pigs.
21:40 <Victor>: Perhaps
21:40 <Tikvah_GMing>: Or the pig-bears.
21:40 <Victor>: Ah
21:41 <Tikvah_GMing>: Well, I guess next week you get to see the castle.
21:41 <Victor>: Good job Tikvah :)
21:41 <Alan>: I grab a small piece of firewood on my way out
21:42 <Ookook>: Are we done for the night then?
21:42 <Tikvah_GMing>: Yes.
21:42 <Tikvah_GMing>: Everyone gets 2 XP and 1 to give away.
Image
ToO Historian
ToO Historian
User avatar
bookworm

 
Posts: 13811
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:10 pm
Location: reading or on the computer
Age: 26
Gender: Male

Cash on hand: 1,127.66
Bank: 53,459.96

Re: Drindall's Keep: Battle for the Sky

Postby Tikvah » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:12 am

There will be a session tonight at 6pm PST, hopefully people can make it. (That is one hour later than before, because of the time change.)
Image
Catspaw knows all
User avatar
Tikvah

...

 
Posts: 796
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: The balmy frozen north.

Cash on hand: 176.72
Bank: 0.00

Re: Drindall's Keep: Battle for the Sky

Postby bookworm » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:10 pm

Excerpt from the journal of Victor Van Helsing
I met with Count Drindall's recruiter and was briefly introduced to the others answering that day's call; a boy fancying himself a great detective, a stoic axe wielder, and a sentient monkey. We started out to the castle but stopped on the way to investigate reports of a village with a pest problem.

It seemed the locals were beset by 'monsters' at night. We formed a plan to confront the culprits that evening, attempting in the meantime to ascertain what we could about their number and form. The lad Gromit had a curious method of tasting things to analyze them. But however odd it seemed effective as he concluded from sampling blood and fur left from the last attack that the creature was some strain of boar or similar beast. The monkey insisted on trying diplomacy before combat which I was sure would gain nothing but it was his neck to offer. Our young detective was aware of my previous hunting experience but rather than appreciation for insight or whatever else it may have lent our current situation it instead seemed to make him resentful. Whether he just didn't want to have help from others or there was some deeper disdain I didn't know, but it mattered not to me. I was here serve the Count for the time being and this was our first assignment. I would do my part, the others could do as they wished. We set an ambush on a roof and waited for nightfall.

Eventually we heard a mass approaching and not just one type as expected, but a variety of attackers emerged from the forest. Strange mixed creatures, bear-boars, porcupine-primates, and some kind of massive slime. I've seen many a menacing beast in my time scouting the lands, and heard tale of many more, but none of these were familar to me. The monkey made his plea for peace which was ignored as expected and we engaged. It was a fairly uneventful skirmish, Finn took the slime and between the rest of us the four other monsters were felled. It was actually I who hit the fatal shot on each one, a fact I pointedly noted to my impudent friend. Not to highlight myself, but attempting to show there was benefit to working as a group when you have one. He seemed to take notice.

After gathering trophies from the beasts in hopes of later identifying them we resumed our journey to the castle to begin our employment proper.
Image
ToO Historian
ToO Historian
User avatar
bookworm

 
Posts: 13811
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:10 pm
Location: reading or on the computer
Age: 26
Gender: Male

Cash on hand: 1,127.66
Bank: 53,459.96

Re: Drindall's Keep: Battle for the Sky

Postby Tikvah » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:49 pm

bookworm, you earn one XP for posting a journal entry.

The session tonight was cancelled due to lack of people. We'll try again next week.
Image
Catspaw knows all
User avatar
Tikvah

...

 
Posts: 796
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: The balmy frozen north.

Cash on hand: 176.72
Bank: 0.00

Re: Drindall's Keep: Battle for the Sky

Postby Arkán Dreamwalker » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:49 pm

Note written by Greystone in the night by his campfire
My Dearest Ayissa,

I was passing through a village near Adlet’s Keep, and found the villagers cleaning up the remains of several varied monstrosities. After lending some minor assistance to one of them, upon my inquiring, the villagers informed me that Drindall is in the habit of sending his retainers to take care of various local threats, which was the causation of the mosterious remains. With thought toward Drindall’s character, I decided it would be not impertinent to take advantage of this job description’s coincidence with my own goal, and enter as one of Drindall’s retainers for the time being. This should provide a respite from the haphazardness of my current existence.

Your-
(It was here that Greystone crumpled up the letter and threw it into the fire.)
Arkán Dreamwalker♥Sammy Girl
Image
Image
Image
Catspaw knows all
User avatar
Arkán Dreamwalker

The stoic type.

 
Posts: 825
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:24 pm
Location: The Destiny Islands
Gender: Male

Cash on hand: 1.72
Bank: 5,040.71
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Drindall's Keep: Battle for the Sky

Postby Tikvah » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:41 pm

Arkan gets 2 XP for completion of a solo mission, and 1 XP for a journal entry. He rescues a stranded villager, and will meet up with the rest of the players in the next mission.
Image
Catspaw knows all
User avatar
Tikvah

...

 
Posts: 796
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: The balmy frozen north.

Cash on hand: 176.72
Bank: 0.00

Re: Drindall's Keep: Battle for the Sky

Postby bookworm » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:41 pm

Additional Monster Hunting
Follows Monster Hunting
A new adventurer finds the aftermath of the party's battle.
18:56 <Arkan>: Is the journal entry just some bonus roleplay activity?
18:57 <Tikvah>: Yes. If you want to detail the sessions from your character's perspective, you get 1 XP.
18:57 <Arkan>: That sounds fun.
18:58 <Arkan>: I have an idea to do that, in the form of letters from Greystone.
18:58 <Tikvah>: Sure, if you want.
18:59 <Tikvah>: So do you want to do a solo mission to catch up on XP?
19:00 <Arkan>: Arkán wants.
19:00 <Tikvah>: Alright, Just a second.
19:01 <Tikvah>: Hmmmm..
19:02 <Arkan>: Hmm...
19:02 Tikvah is trying to come up with a plot that would make sense.
19:04 <Arkan>: I did write this up.
19:05 <Arkan>: My Dearest Aylissa, I was passing through a village near Adlet’s Keep, and found the villagers cleaning up the remains of several varied monstrosities. Upon my inquiring, the villagers informed me that Drindall is in the habit of sending his retainers to take care of various local threats.
19:05 <Arkan>: With thought toward Drindall’s character, I decided it would be not impertinent to take advantage of this job description’s coincidence with my own goal, and enter as one of Drindall’s retainers for the time being. This should provide a respite from the haphazardness of my current existence. Your-
19:05 <Arkan>: (It was here that Greystone crumpled up the letter and threw it into the fire.)
19:05 <Tikvah>: Alright, so you're travelling to the castle by himself?
19:08 <Arkan>: I initially expect to meet up at the castle after some solo activity, but I couldn't resist tying in with the others event, it just worked too nicely.
19:11 <Tikvah>: Are you travelling with another recruiter from the castle, or alone?
19:11 <Arkan>: So, does Greystone hearing about the job owing to passing through the wake of the others mess work?
19:12 <Tikvah>: He could hear about it then, I suppose. Or he could see an advertisement in a different town.
19:13 <Arkan>: As written above.
19:13 <Tikvah>: OK, so you hear about the job as you pass through the damaged village.
19:13 <Arkan>: We all just assumed he found out by an ad or whatever, but what I typed up works nicely.
19:14 <Arkan>: I think Bookie will like the continuity.
19:15 Tikvah is now known as Tikvah_GMing
19:15 <Tikvah_GMing>: While you are at the village, one of the village women comes up to you, looking worried.
19:15 <Arkan>: So we're starting there? Alright.
19:17 Arkan is now known as Greystone
19:20 <Tikvah_GMing>: "You look like the fighting type. A few days ago some of Count Drindall's mercenaries rid the village of some nasty creatures. But yesterday my husband went to check on our grain mill and he hasn't come back yet. I'm afraid there may still be monsters around. Could you go find him?"
19:20 <Tikvah_GMing>: "Maybe he's been devoured by the monsters.. I can't go myself."
19:23 Greystone gazes at the woman for a few moments, then asks which way her husband went.
19:24 <Tikvah_GMing>: "The stream isn't too far away. If you head East for a bit you should hit it, and the Grain mill should be nearby."
19:24 <Tikvah_GMing>: When you want your character to talk, you can put it in quotes.
19:24 <Greystone>: I will.
19:25 <Tikvah_GMing>: Will travel to the stream? or talk in quotes?
19:25 <Greystone>: The quotes.
19:25 <Greystone>: -_-
19:26 <Tikvah_GMing>: OK. SO what would you like to do?
19:26 Greystone paces off toward the stream without a word.
19:27 <Tikvah_GMing>: Roll a perception check.
19:27 <Tikvah_GMing>: Using Dicebot so I can see the result.
19:27 <Greystone>: Perception to walk?
19:27 <Tikvah_GMing>: For what you see in the forest.
19:27 <Greystone>: You mean to see if I can find the stream?
19:28 <Greystone>: Ah I see.
19:28 <Greystone>: Righto.
19:28 <Greystone>: !roll d20
19:28 <Dicebot>: Greystone: 6
19:28 <Tikvah_GMing>: Ah.
19:29 <Greystone>: "Ah?"
19:30 <Tikvah_GMing>: As you walk through the forest, you notice a place where all the trees have been torn up. Do you want to take a look?
19:31 <Greystone>: Ark: Hrm.
19:31 <Tikvah_GMing>: If you want more information you can ask.
19:31 <Greystone>: Well, I guess her husband COULD have only made it this far.
19:32 <Tikvah_GMing>: It's only about 15 minutes walk from the village.
19:32 <Greystone>: What can I see from here? / What appears to have caused the uprooting?
19:33 <Greystone>: 15 mins, yes, that's why I almost walked right passed.
19:33 <Tikvah_GMing>: You can't tell from here, but it doesn't look natural. The trees are fallen in a circle.
19:34 <Greystone>: Gah. Should have asked the woman what path her husband usually takes.
19:36 Greystone steps over to examine the circle from the edge.
19:36 <Tikvah_GMing>: Il looks like it was smashed down by a giant animal. Possible to use as a bed.
19:37 <Tikvah_GMing>: It appears to have been vacant for several days
19:37 <Greystone>: I asked, more or less, but she gave me directions instead.
19:37 <Tikvah_GMing>: She was flustered.
19:38 <Tikvah_GMing>: There is a path that goes by here.
19:38 <Greystone>: Yes, and I always fail to realize that I didn't get quite the answer I wanted. Greystone should be more astute than me in that way. Alas.
19:39 <Tikvah_GMing>: Heh.
19:39 <Greystone>: It's hard to play a character with different flaws and positive traits than yourself.
19:40 <Tikvah_GMing>: Yup.
19:40 <Tikvah_GMing>: So, what do?
19:40 <Greystone>: So I Greystone was following the stream, but there is a path over here?
19:41 <Greystone>: Mainly the flaws are the most difficult to eradicate.
19:41 <Tikvah_GMing>: "The stream isn't too far away. If you head East for a bit you should hit it"
19:41 <Tikvah_GMing>: The path goes to the stream. You aren't quite to the stream itself yet.
19:42 <Greystone>: Not a very clear sentence.
19:42 <Greystone>: Does the path go East?
19:43 <Tikvah_GMing>: Yes. Go East more. You will reach stream.
19:43 <Tikvah_GMing>: Sorry I wasn't clear.
19:44 <Greystone>: Alright. The gentleman in question likely uses the path for convenience and speed, so:
19:44 Greystone joins the road and heads East down it.
19:45 Greystone's heavy boots make a gentle thudding on the dirt.
19:47 <Greystone>: Heavy sword gleaming on his back.
19:51 <Greystone>: *Arkán is listening to Russian Pop
19:51 <Greystone>: *In Russian
19:52 <Tikvah_GMing>: Ah.
19:52 <Tikvah_GMing>: Do you want to continue walking towards the stream? Or just let your swords gleam some more?
19:53 <Greystone>: I'm still heading down the road!! Have I hit the stream yet?!
19:54 <Tikvah_GMing>: OK. You reach the stream. Roll perception.
19:54 <Greystone>: !roll d20
19:54 <Dicebot>: Greystone: 9
19:55 <Greystone>: A random thought flits through Greystone's mind that nine is a good number.
19:55 <Tikvah_GMing>: It's not as good as, say, 19. ;)
19:56 <Greystone>: Well it's not like Greystone is playing an RPG.
19:56 <Greystone>: He just happens to like the number nine.
19:56 <Tikvah_GMing>: You see the Grain mill upstream, about 100 ft away. It has a large waterweel slowly churning around. The door is hanging open. You don't see anyone nearby.
19:57 Greystone approaches the Mill.
19:57 <Tikvah_GMing>: How close do you want to approach?
19:58 <Greystone>: Just about ten feet away.
19:58 <Greystone>: Then:
19:58 Greystone circumvents the Mill
19:59 <Tikvah_GMing>: You see some scratch marks on the walls, and some blood leaking from the doorway. It looks dried.
19:59 Greystone's eyebrows lower slightly.
20:00 <Greystone>: Any other openings?
20:00 <Tikvah_GMing>: No.
20:01 <Greystone>: Standing about 20 feet from the right side of the door, Greystone examines the surrounding forest for any sights or sounds.
20:01 <Greystone>: !roll d20 perception
20:01 <Dicebot>: Greystone, perception: 12
20:02 <Tikvah_GMing>: You hear the trees rustling in the wind, the birds chirping, and the stream bubbling.
20:03 Greystone stands in mill doorway and listens
20:03 <Greystone>: Too dark to see?
20:03 <Greystone>: (inside)
20:03 <Tikvah_GMing>: You can see some things in the light from the doorway.
20:05 <Greystone>: what things?
20:05 <Greystone>: !roll d20 perception?
20:05 <Dicebot>: Greystone, perception?: 16
20:05 <Tikvah_GMing>: Amid the grinding of machinery, you hear a low whining sound. You see a grotesque creature leying on the ground, apparently the source of the blood. Another on is limping towards you, whining.
20:06 <Greystone>: Define "grotesque creature". Looks, size.
20:06 <Tikvah_GMing>: They are about the size of a child or a large dog. They have no fur, but a strip of quills running down their spine. You heard the villagers talking about creatures that look like these.
20:08 <Tikvah_GMing>: The one that is still alive has a large wound running down it's shoulder. It let's out a eerie shriek and you hear movement from the depths of the mill. Roll initiative.
20:08 <Greystone>: !roll d20
20:08 <Dicebot>: Greystone: 3
20:09 <Tikvah_GMing>: The creature lunges at you, snapping with it's teeth. Dodge.
20:09 <Greystone>: !roll d20 -1
20:09 <Dicebot>: Greystone, -1: 8
20:10 <Tikvah_GMing>: It manages to snag you leg with it's jaws. Take 3 damage.
20:10 <Tikvah_GMing>: It's your turn.
20:11 <Greystone>: 3 before or after applying armor?
20:12 <Tikvah_GMing>: Before. You apply the armor yourself.
20:13 Greystone draws sword.
20:13 <Greystone>: (Greystone would have done that before standing the doorway! I am so ditzy tonight!)
20:14 <Tikvah_GMing>: You can do something else, too. Ready-ness of simple weapons is assumed.
20:15 Greystone swings his blade at creature.
20:16 <Tikvah_GMing>: Roll for it.
20:16 <Tikvah_GMing>: That would be might pool, if you're wondering.
20:16 <Greystone>: !roll d20 trained sword-technique
20:16 <Dicebot>: Greystone, trained sword-technique: 9
20:17 <Tikvah_GMing>: You miss. The creature lunges again. Roll a dodge.
20:18 <Greystone>: So snag was not latch.
20:18 <Greystone>: !roll d20 -1 armor... wait
20:18 <Dicebot>: Greystone, -1 armor... wait: 9
20:19 <Greystone>: {Wait, Greystone has a shield... which is plus one asset to dodge... so that cancels out the armor's dodge impediment... so Greystone only has a -1 to movement. Huh.}
20:19 <Greystone>: So high damage, high durability as I planned. And not much else.
20:20 <Tikvah_GMing>: You aren't impaired when you dodge, if you use the shield.
20:21 <Greystone>: So many nines. Did I cause something with that fourth wall joke?
20:21 <Tikvah_GMing>: The creature lands a hit. Take 3 damage.
20:22 <Tikvah_GMing>: It's your turn again.
20:23 Greystone strikes at the wounded monster.
20:23 <Tikvah_GMing>: Roll an attack.
20:23 <Greystone>: !roll d20
20:23 <Dicebot>: Greystone: 14
20:24 <Tikvah_GMing>: You land a hit. The creature slumps to the ground, finished.
20:24 <Greystone>: Is the -1 accuracy of a heavy weapon mitigated by trained sword-technique?
20:25 <Tikvah_GMing>: For simply hitting a monster, I suppose.
20:25 <Tikvah_GMing>: But when you roll for an action that you have training for, you should list it.
20:26 Greystone looks at the creature on the ground.
20:26 <Greystone>: (The second creature)
20:26 <Greystone>: A warrior should likely be able to tell if it's alive.
20:26 <Tikvah_GMing>: If you gain too many skills I can't keep track of them all.
20:26 <Tikvah_GMing>: Neither of the animals on the ground is alive.
20:26 <Greystone>: I left it off to ask the question.
20:27 <Greystone>: Should we list weapon minuses as well?
20:27 <Tikvah_GMing>: But still, put them both on. Just because they happen to cancel out doesn't mean they aren't there.
20:28 <Tikvah_GMing>: It's my job to apply all the effects your training and impairments have.
20:28 <Tikvah_GMing>: You are in charge of your pool points and applying armour.
20:29 <Greystone>: Well I imagine this scuffle has brought me inside the mill a bit, thus:
20:29 Greystone looks around and listens.
20:30 <Tikvah_GMing>: You see a ladder going up to a closed trap door. On the ladder is some sort or bulldog like creature. It's scratching at the trapdoor, trying to open it.
20:31 <Tikvah_GMing>: It doesn't seem to notice you.
20:33 Greystone goes up to the creature, and raising his shield into ready position, gives its back a gentle but firm tap with the flat tip of his sword, giving it's head a firm gaze.
20:34 <Greystone>: {So if it looks at me, we lock eyes.}
20:35 <Tikvah_GMing>: It whips around and stares at you. You can see foam around it's jaws. It gives you a hungry stare, licking its lips.
20:36 <Greystone>: Whips its head around?
20:36 <Tikvah_GMing>: It turns very quickly. You startled it.
20:38 <Greystone>: But since it's on a ladder (A dog like creature on a ladder? Weird. I love it.) I assume it maintains its position an just turns its head around?
20:38 <Tikvah_GMing>: Yes.
20:39 Greystone shoves the tip of his sword resting against the creature's back into its guts.
20:39 <Tikvah_GMing>: (It's a ladder with wide steps. You've seen them, yes?)
20:39 <Tikvah_GMing>: So you want to stab it?
20:39 <Greystone>: (Ah, that kind.)
20:40 <Greystone>: When you see foam, You don't ask questions.
20:40 <Tikvah_GMing>: Roll for it.
20:41 <Greystone>: !roll d20 +Ready position, +poised, +point blank range
20:41 <Dicebot>: Greystone, +Ready position, +poised, +point blank range: 3
20:42 <Tikvah_GMing>: You just need to add trained, 1 to hit. I can take care of the rest.
20:42 <Greystone>: Oh yeah.
20:42 <Tikvah_GMing>: !roll d20 trained, -1 to hit
20:42 <Dicebot>: Tikvah_GMing, trained, -1 to hit: 9
20:42 <Tikvah_GMing>: Like that.
20:42 <Tikvah_GMing>: And it was a 9.
20:42 <Greystone>: You're being sarcastic Dicebot.
20:43 <Tikvah_GMing>: You stab it through. It turns and weakly slashes at you with it's teeth. Roll a dodge.
20:44 <Greystone>: !roll d20 -1 f/ armor +1 f/ ready Shield
20:44 <Dicebot>: Greystone, -1 f/ armor +1 f/ ready Shield: 19
20:44 <Tikvah_GMing>: You easily evade it's grip. Your turn.
20:44 <Greystone>: Still has a nine in it.
20:45 Greystone climbs ladder and listens for sound on the other side of the trapdoor.
20:46 <Tikvah_GMing>: The dog is still a little alive and very angry. Do you want to try and climb over it?
20:47 <Greystone>: Still alive? Alright...
20:47 <Greystone>: I assume it's impaled.
20:50 Greystone tilts his sword downward to let the creature slide down the blade toward the ground. Presses down on its throat with his heavy boot. Shouldn't be able to bite in that position.
20:51 <Tikvah_GMing>: Okay then.. If you don't feel like landing the final blow, it shouldn't be able to move from there.
20:51 <Tikvah_GMing>: You hear some footsteps above.
20:51 <Greystone>: Or specifically armored boot I guess. Need to figure out how far reaching this armor is.
20:52 <Greystone>: Well, I was going to press the life out of it. Standing on your throat tends to do that.
20:53 <Tikvah_GMing>: Okay, it's done for. What do you want to do?
20:53 Greystone pulls his sword out of the monster, looking up at the trapdoor as he does so.
20:54 <Tikvah_GMing>: The footsteps are moving towards the trapdoor slowly.
20:56 Greystone shifts into standard katana position, looking up at the trapdoor.
20:56 <Tikvah_GMing>: Okay, the footsteps have stopped.
20:59 Greystone taps on the trapdoor, slow-fast-fast-slow.
20:59 <Greystone>: With the tip of his sword.
20:59 <Greystone>: Or: Heavy-light-light-heavy
21:00 <Greystone>: Both really. You know.
21:00 <Tikvah_GMing>: You hear a man's voice from the upper floor. "You can't fool me. I know you're just another twisted monster!"
21:01 Greystone inquires in a normal toned voice with high carrying power, "What do you mean by twisted specifically?"
21:02 <Tikvah_GMing>: You hear a startled sound. "Is that a person? A real, honest-to-goodness human being down there?"
21:05 Greystone "So far as I am aware. Would you describe yourself as missing from a nearby village?"
21:07 <Tikvah_GMing>: "I came from the village West of here. I've been here since yesterday. Came to check on the grain mill. But then I was attacked and have been locked in here since."
21:08 <Tikvah_GMing>: You hear the sound of a heavy box being moved, and then the trap door is cautiously opened to reveal a worried looking villager.
21:09 <Greystone>: "A lady stated that her husband had not returned from this location. Would you describe yourself as in a family way?"
21:09 Greystone has moved his sword to simple side position.
21:10 <Tikvah_GMing>: "As in a family way? I'm not sure what you mean, mister, but I have a wife and two kids back in the village."
21:11 Greystone "Have you seen or heard any other persons around during your unexpected stay?"
21:12 <Tikvah_GMing>: "Not a soul. Just these crazy beasts."
21:14 Greystone "Than I will assume for practical purposes that you are the party referenced. If you wish to return to your place of dwelling I will be willing to provide a reasonable guarantee of safety en route."
21:15 <Tikvah_GMing>: "Say what now? I don't know about no parties, but if you could make sure none of the beasts make a meal of me on the way back to the village, that would be great."
21:16 Greystone "Indubitably."
21:16 <Tikvah_GMing>: He slowly descends the ladder and heads out into the sunshine, stopping first to pick up one of the dead creatures and sling it over his shoulder.
21:17 Greystone "Do you consider that safe?"
21:18 <Tikvah_GMing>: "I need some proof that I wasn't just loafing around out here for a day. Besides, I bet I could make a great trophy out of it."
21:18 Greystone "Yes. Quite."
21:19 Greystone cleans his sword on the grass.
21:19 Greystone sheathes sword on back.
21:19 <Tikvah_GMing>: Are you ready to return to the village?
21:20 Greystone follows a pace behind the villager.
21:21 <Greystone>: Walking firmly at a steady pace, calm expression.
21:21 <Tikvah_GMing>: You return to the village without incident. The villager is re-united with his family, and you can continue on your way to the castle.
21:22 <Tikvah_GMing>: Sorry, I need to wrap this up and go to bed.
21:22 <Tikvah_GMing>: You get 2 XP.
21:22 <Greystone>: Me too.
Image
ToO Historian
ToO Historian
User avatar
bookworm

 
Posts: 13811
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:10 pm
Location: reading or on the computer
Age: 26
Gender: Male

Cash on hand: 1,127.66
Bank: 53,459.96

Re: Drindall's Keep: Battle for the Sky

Postby Tikvah » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:46 pm

We're gonna try and have a session tonight at 6pm PST. Hopefully more people can make it.

And our heroes arrived at the castle, settled in, and are already off on their next mission. Recovering an ancient artifact from an equally ancient fortress, they climb the walls and face a cavern... to be explored next week.

They recovered 15 silver and a stone key.
Arkan, bookworm, Woody, and Moontide each get 1 XP and one to give away.
Image
Catspaw knows all
User avatar
Tikvah

...

 
Posts: 796
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: The balmy frozen north.

Cash on hand: 176.72
Bank: 0.00

PreviousNext

Return to Gower's Field

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest