Gower's Field Newbie Guide

Now with flashy screenness! - read this BEFORE posting in Gowers Field for the first time.

The place where role players come to play! If you want to start an interactive war, chat with real citizens of the town, or find other uses for your faction, this field can accommodate those desires. As with anything else, please try to keep your role playing appropriate... but you're still welcome to have a little fun!
bold4god
OK

Post by bold4god »

that is an awsome role playing guide, I am glad I read it, because I had no idea how to role play. thanks!!!
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

You know, I always looked at this guide, but I never read it. :-
...So, now I finely read through the whole thing. :) And it was very well done. :yes: My only question is, how does one create an RPG? I don't just mean by coming up with the main plot, but how does the GM keep the story moving?
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Well, everyone basically knows what direction the story is supposed to be going in... and if one part is taking too long, the GM (or the whole group) decide on a time-skip to the next step. RPGs could basically go on forever; there's always new things one could add into one. \:D/
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Oh, okay. I see.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Yep, that's why we try to make plots that aren't just "Do this, and we all live happily ever after :P"
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
LIGHTNING
Pilgrim

Post by LIGHTNING »

Haha! I am a long time-hardcore roleplayer, but I still found this an enjoyable read! Good job, I want to meet Elf some time.
Lark
I've been here a bit

Post by Lark »

Are collaborative stories allowed? Like, something that hasn't been made/done before?
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

If you are meaning doing a RPG that is not based on some piece of pop-culture, then yes. For example, if you want to make up a kingdom and play characters in it, that would be allowed. Is that what you meant?