Vote For the Ultimate AIO Collection!

Winner gets $500 in ToO money!

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.

Who has the best display for their collection?

Poll ended at Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:20 am

Picture One
4%
Picture Two
39%
Picture Three
9%
Picture Four
6%
Picture Five
39%
Picture Six
2%
Picture Seven
2%

Total votes: 54

Nick Riley
insert dash here

Post by Nick Riley »

I just hope it's mine
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Everbody needs to remember that it is not about the size of collection, but design, and layout.
Kanimoto
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Kanimoto »

In that case, I voted for Pic 2. :D
In the darkness, the Lurker frantically tries to figure out what is going on.
Paul B
OK

Post by Paul B »

wow those are great photos.You have a great collection.I use to have a photo of my collection.but Im sure it s out dated now.
Nick Riley
insert dash here

Post by Nick Riley »

you should have sent it in it could be a blast from the past **hehe**
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

wow 49 votes.
...I hate marquees.
Aslan
Smile for the camera

Post by Aslan »

J-man wrote:wow 49 votes.
now theres 52

Life is worth living, so live the best life that you can
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

There was a tie! :thud:

*wonders what's going to happen* :anxious:
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Haha, I wasn't expecting this to close until tomorrow! A tie... hmmm. Would you two be willing to split the prize money? Or should we have a showdown with just the two of you?

EDIT: Actually, a showdown wouldn't make much sense... since almost all votes went to the two of you anyway.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I was kinda hoping we could both get $500. :doubt: I wouldn't consent to a showdown anyway. Too painful for whoever loses and I think my opponent (happysmiler?) was a worthy one. :)
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Chandler wrote:I was kinda hoping we could both get $500. :doubt: I wouldn't consent to a showdown anyway. Too painful for whoever loses and I think my opponent (happysmiler?) was a worthy one. :)
Haha, well since the money is coming out of the money I earn from posting and not from the ToO bank, I'm afraid $1000 is pushing my wallet quite a bit. Not that you two don't deserve it (all the collections were very cool), but the ToO bank is used for paying the public servants and I wouldn't feel right using money people have paid me for factions in some sort of contest.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Shadowpaw wrote:
Chandler wrote:I was kinda hoping we could both get $500. :doubt: I wouldn't consent to a showdown anyway. Too painful for whoever loses and I think my opponent (happysmiler?) was a worthy one. :)
Haha, well since the money is coming out of the money I earn from posting and not from the ToO bank, I'm afraid $1000 is pushing my wallet quite a bit. Not that you two don't deserve it (all the collections were very cool), but the ToO bank is used for paying the public servants and I wouldn't feel right using money people have paid me for factions in some sort of contest.
Where does faction money go? :-k (*is merely curious how things are run*)

So... we only get $250 each then? :doubt:
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Chandler wrote:Where does faction money go? :-k (*is merely curious how things are run*)
That money is used to pay the members of our police force.
Chandler wrote:So... we only get $250 each then? :doubt:
Well, I could also cast the deciding vote as I would in a mayoral race ;). But then one person would go home empty handed.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

:anxious: I don't really understand your logic but I guess I'm forced to lower my expectations and just take whatever you're willing to give. :boohoo:
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Chandler wrote::anxious: I don't really understand your logic but I guess I'm forced to lower my expectations and just take whatever you're willing to give. :boohoo:
Which part is confusing?
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Oh, I guess I don't understand why it's not right to use faction money for a contest. It sounds awful for me to bring this up right now because it sounds like my opinion is only being shaped by the fact that I want money. :anxious: I guess I view you as the bank. If you need money, you can make it. You've chosen to kind of limit that and if that's what works for you, fine. When people send in faction money, I just see that as going into the general bank fund to be used for board expenses. If that includes a contest that the board owner (viewed as bank in my eyes) puts on, I don't see why it'd hurt for him to use it. Oh well. That's all. :-#

Do whatever you want. I'm thrilled that people liked my display that much. I don't know how much you were planning for consolation prizes but $250 is probably more than that anyway. :)
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Chandler wrote:Oh, I guess I don't understand why it's not right to use faction money for a contest. It sounds awful for me to bring this up right now because it sounds like my opinion is only being shaped by the fact that I want money. :anxious: I guess I view you as the bank. If you need money, you can make it. You've chosen to kind of limit that and if that's what works for you, fine. When people send in faction money, I just see that as going into the general bank fund to be used for board expenses. If that includes a contest that the board owner (viewed as bank in my eyes) puts on, I don't see why it'd hurt for him to use it. Oh well. That's all. :-#
In theory you're certainly correct... I can create money and this is my board. But personally, using that money would make me feel like I'm above the law. It's a rule around here that contest creators must come up with the prize money themselves... the ToO bank has always been off-limits. For me to suddenly make an exception because it's me would seem hypocritical and an abuse of my power :(. It's not a big deal, and I know that, but just because I can cut corners doesn't mean I should. The ToO was created to make the administration more approachable and less "elitist" than some members are used to at other boards, but being the creator of this board, I'm in a unique position that I was not elected and as such, not "officially" held accountable by the members. So I have to hold myself accountable, which means doing little things that don't seem to make sense but are done to ensure I'm living up to the same standards that every one else does.

With that said, and after giving it some thought, I can still draw on my own funds to provide the contest prize money and I'm willing to give $500 to both you and Evil Chick. So congrats to the both of you for finishing first in the Ultimate AIO Fan contest! As for the consolation prizes...

$150 goes to Laura Ingalls
$100 goes to Nick Riley
$50 each to AIOFan11, Captain Jack, and Me.

Thanks to each of you for taking time out of day to arrange your collections in such fun ways :). As promised, here is the image I took of my collection:

Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Dudes, you should have heard me shriek when I opened my pm box! I got the grand prize! :eek!: :mad: :mad: :thewave: :bounce:

Congrats to Chandler on the other winning picture! It was also awesome!
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Nick Riley
insert dash here

Post by Nick Riley »

Yeah it was pretty cool I got a constlation prize for entering it was pretty awesome
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Evil Chick wrote:Congrats to Chandler on the other winning picture! It was also awesome!
Thanks! :D Yours was awesome as well! =D> I though you had a pretty good chance of winning. :-$
Shadowpaw wrote:In theory you're certainly correct... I can create money and this is my board. But personally, using that money would make me feel like I'm above the law. It's a rule around here that contest creators must come up with the prize money themselves... the ToO bank has always been off-limits. For me to suddenly make an exception because it's me would seem hypocritical and an abuse of my power :(. It's not a big deal, and I know that, but just because I can cut corners doesn't mean I should. The ToO was created to make the administration more approachable and less "elitist" than some members are used to at other boards, but being the creator of this board, I'm in a unique position that I was not elected and as such, not "officially" held accountable by the members. So I have to hold myself accountable, which means doing little things that don't seem to make sense but are done to ensure I'm living up to the same standards that every one else does.
Thank you so much for explaining that. :hug: I appreciate what you're trying to do here. Sorry if I sounded like I was complaining or anything. :oops:
Shadowpaw wrote:With that said, and after giving it some thought, I can still draw on my own funds to provide the contest prize money and I'm willing to give $500 to both you and Evil Chick. So congrats to the both of you for finishing first in the Ultimate AIO Fan contest!
Ah, that's very kind of you. :) If you're running out of faction money, don't worry... I plan to be sending you some in the near future.
Shadowpaw wrote:Thanks to each of you for taking time out of day to arrange your collections in such fun ways :). As promised, here is the image I took of my collection:

Nice! :D You have a lot of unique and hard-to-find items. \:D/