TJ! - Signup - Game 3

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

TJ! - Signup - Game 3

Post by Irwin »

Welcome to the third round of ToO Jeopardy! (TJ!), a contest based on AIO intelligence available for anyone on the ToO to play! \:D/ I’m not sure I’ll get five new contestants this time around, but we’ll see. \:D/

The rules are almost the exact same from the last game (a few sentences modified for clarity), but I still recommend that you read them all if you’re considering playing.

~~
THE RULES wrote:How to sign-up:

This game will consist of five ToO contestants. To request entry, PM me or post here. Soon after five ToOers are found the first round will begin. You cannot sign up again if you have played before.

The Jeopardy! Round:

After the registration period, I'll create a new thread with a board for the Jeopardy! round. One of the five players picked at random will be able to pick the first clue on the game board. Once they do so, I'll reveal the clue (called an "answer"), which will be a statement describing something relating to AIO. After revealing, any registered player may guess the "question" that would be asked with the statement.

Here's an example:
Answer: The actor who played Rodney Rathbone.
Question: Who is Steve Burns?

You MUST phrase your response as a question (eg. saying “What is” before your statement), or it will be deemed incorrect.

If your question is correct, you will win the value of the clue (I'll have a constantly updated score sheet with every post) and you'll be able to pick the next clue. If your question is not correct, you will lose the value of the clue. If no one guesses in a period of 24 hours from the time the clue is posted the clue, it will be pronounced dead and we’ll move onto another picked by the player who picked the previous clue.

Daily Doubles:

The Jeopardy! round contains two "Daily Doubles". When either of these clues are picked, the only person who can provide a question is the person who picked the clue. Before the clue is shown, that person will make a wager of how much of their score they would like to risk. (If they have less than $1000 they can risk up to $1000.) Then if they proceed to answer the clue correctly in the 24 hour time span allotted, they will have their wager added to their score. If they are incorrect, the amount will be subtracted. (The minimum amount a player can risk on a Daily Double is $20.)

Final Jeopardy!

The Jeopardy! round will end when all clues are exhausted. Unfortunately any player with $0 or less will be unable to play in Final Jeopardy! At that time I'll reveal a category (in the same thread this time) and players will have 24 hours to make a wager of how much they would like to risk on the final clue. (Similar to a Daily Double, except wagers will be PMed to me and the minimum wager allowed is $0 instead of $20.)

Finally, I'll reveal the clue and players will have precisely 24 hours to PM me their response. When the time is up, I'll reveal the correct question, and the final scores, and the top three winners.

Prizes:

1st place: $100
2nd place: $20
3rd place: $10

If you have any questions, please post them here as this thread is for questions, signing up, and organization.

Ads:

During the middle of the Jeopardy! round (after clue 15), we'll have a short 24 hour commercial break. During this time, I'll display ads for shops and other ToO services. You can buy these ad spots starting at $10 by sending me a PM starting now up until the break.

FAQ:

Q: What subject will clues be about? What sources may I research from?
A: The clues may contain any subject related to AIO. You may research from any source, EXCEPT other people. Here are some helpful resources: Q: The prize is a little small.
A: If you would like to donate to this prize pool, send a donation!

Q: If I know a player has guessed an incorrect question, can I post my guess right after theirs without waiting?
A: Yes!

Q: What happens if you make a factual mistake or something during the game?
A: No one wins or loses on the clue. We just move on to the next one.

Q: What if something weird happens like a tie?
A: We will have additional questions, as they do on the real show.

Q: If I’ve played already, why can’t I play again?
A: I’d like to give everyone who wants to the chance to play.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I doubt we'll get 5 people either too. :- I'd join if I could. ;)
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Marvin D. wrote:I doubt we'll get 5 people either too. :- I'd join if I could. ;)
I've recieved one entrant via PM, but that is all. :( May be if I payed people to play they would join. :-k
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

I would join too...I did so awful in the last game... :cry:
*insert provocative quote here*
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Because of lack of interest, this game is cancelled until further notice. :( Please PM any questions.