Odyssey Owl Bi-Monthly Writing Contest!

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.
Johnny
Local Conspiracy theorist

Odyssey Owl Bi-Monthly Writing Contest!

Post by Johnny »

Welcome to the Odyssey Owl’s first bimonthly Writing Contest! After an analysis of the site the staff realized that the ToO has a great potential for skilled writers. Especially since Gower’s Field has become more popular. Every other issue we will host a writing contest in which any member of the ToO (except for members of the Owl) will submit a short writing piece linked to a topic/writing format of our choice. It cost 5 dollars to enter. Entry Prices are subject to change depending on the month. However, this month it will be 5 dollars. The winner will receive half of the total amount of money we collect. For example if 4 people enter we will receive 20 dollars in entry fees. The winner will receive a total of 10 ToO bucks.

This month we ask for a politically correct Haiku. That meaning a Haiku based on the rules of the Japanese.

1) It must be based on nature.
2) 5-7-5 syllable pattern.
3) One-Word Title
4) No plagiarizing
5) It can be a haiku you wrote in the past, it doesn’t have to be made exclusively for this site.
6) Have fun.
7) PM your Haiku to either Irwin or Johnny's Account.

Alright guys, I will be accepting Haikus until November 5th. The winner will probably not make it in the next issue seeing how we have so many great things planned for the next issue coming out. However, it can be guaranteed that the winner will be shown and celebrated before the end of the year. After the first winner is shown we will definitely be conducting this contest regularly. The winner for the Owl bi-monthly writing Contest will be discovered through private means. No worries! We will do our best to be fair :D

Any questions can be posted here, but please pm the actual poetry to Johnny or Irwin's Account.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Oooo...I'll get to work! :D
*insert provocative quote here*
Agent 86
0x Moderator 0x Admin
0x Moderator 0x Admin

Post by Agent 86 »

Can we do research for people like me who don't know like anything about nature?
^AIOluver^

Who am I? I'd rather not answer that question, the real question is, "Who are you?". Right now I am trying to think of something witty to put here.. I might not find anything, but that's fine. This block of text should be fine for a signature. Wait, are you still reading this? Why are you reading this? Stop. Seriously.
STOP.
This sentence is true.
The sentence above is false.

I dare you not to read this.
Hey! I said not to read this.
Maybe if I talk like this.
Wait, you still see me? *sighs* I give up.

http://blackgaardscastle.forumotion.com/
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

To be honest, a haiku is short and brutal. To my understanding it shouldn't take much research to write one. :-k

A haiku can be as simple as experiencing the scorching hot sun, dancing in the rain or even enjoying the quiet solitude of nature.
AIOluver wrote:Can we do research for people like me who don't know like anything about nature?
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

humdedum wrote: :yes: Haikus are easy.
But sometimes they don't make sense.
Refrigerator.
Win. \:D/

Too bad I can't enter....