Werewolf Game

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.
Shadowfax

Werewolf Game

Post by Shadowfax »

This is the werewolf game. It doesn't have any prizes, but I didn't really know where else to put it besides Odyssey 105.

editz: Irwin is willing to donate $100, so whoever wins (the humans or werewolves) will be able to split it. Bella1986 has also donated. \:D/

Okay, this is how it is played:
The structure of werewolf games.

Overview of Game Play

The players are divided into two groups: Werewolves and Humans. Each round consists of a day and a night. During the day, everyone discovers who was eaten during the previous night and discusses who they think is a Werewolf. At dusk, a vote is taken and one player is shot with a silver bullet (the only way to kill a werewolf). During the night, the Werewolves pick one Human to eat. This player is out of the game and the round is over. The game continues until all the Werewolves have been eliminated, or until there are an equal number of Werewolves and Humans, at which point the Werewolves eat everyone.

Identities are distributed randomly at the start of the game. There will be roughly 4 Humans for every 1 Werewolf.

During the night, everyone is asleep, so nobody is allowed to post messages to the game.

Werewolves

The Werewolves know who the other Werewolves are, but their identity is a secret from the Humans. If you are a Werewolf, you don't want the Humans to find out.

During the day, a Werewolf should act like a human. At the same time, they should try to protect themselves and the other Werewolves from being shot with the silver bullet. A Werewolf will vote, along with the Humans, to select someone to be shot with a silver bullet.

During the night, each Werewolf transforms into their animal form. A secret vote is taken and the Human with the most votes is eaten.

Humans

The Humans do not know the identity of anyone else in the game. Through discussion, it is the Humans goal to identify the Werewolves and eliminate them.

During the day, everyone discusses who they think is a werewolf. A vote is taken and one player (hopefully a Werewolf) is shot with a silver bullet.

During the night, the Humans sleep. When everyone wakes up, one Human will have been eaten.

Seer

One of the Humans is a powerful Seer who can divine the identity of one player per day. During the day the Seer may select one player to magically identify. If the Seer survives the night, they will be given the identity of that player during the next morning.

The Seer votes along with everyone else. If the Seer is eaten, they are out of the game and their divining abilities are no longer available.

Voting

During the day portion of each round, everyone votes for a Werewolf to shoot with a silver bullet. All voting is done in public, so everyone knows who everyone else voted for. You may change your vote at any time before the voting ends. The voting will end instantly as soon as any player has a majority of the votes. If no majority is reached by the voting deadline, the player with the most votes will be chosen.

During the night portion of each round, the Werewolves vote to eat one person. This voting is done secretly. The werewolves are not allowed to talk to each other and they will not know who the other werewolves voted for. Each werewolf will pick the top 3 people that they want to eat. Once all the votes are in, or the deadline has been reached, the votes will be tallied and one Human will be eaten.

Because of the "online now" list at the bottom of the website, the end of the night round will be delayed by several hours to prevent players from figuring out who the Werewolves are based on who is online when the round ends.

In the event of a tied vote, someone will be chosen at random.

Winning

Werewolves Win: This happens when the number of Werewolves is equal to or more than the number of Humans.

Humans Win: This happens when the last Werewolf has been eliminated.
Start signing up! \:D/
Last edited by Shadowfax on Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

I shall play. :yes:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

This is like Mafia, right? The card game?
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

bookworm wrote:This is like Mafia, right? The card game?
Yeah, sort of. Except there's only one kind of power given out (Seer).
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Sounds interesting. I guess I’ll sign up.
I’m not sure how my schedule will work as far as making votes or whatever, but I’ll give it a try and see how it goes. :)
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

Okay, awesome. \:D/

Current players:
ric
bookworm

Keep signing up!
UNCLEBITTLES
I AM A BEAST!
I AM A BEAST!

Post by UNCLEBITTLES »

bookworm wrote:This is like Mafia, right? The card game?
That's what I was going to say!
Wow
so doge
much voting
such election
wow.
bella1986
Tallying up

Post by bella1986 »

if yall havent started yet i would like to join if thats ok....
</3~Forever Broken~ </3

If you could live forever, what would you live for?~ Twilight
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

Sure. \:D/ Yanny, did you want to play, too?
UNCLEBITTLES
I AM A BEAST!
I AM A BEAST!

Post by UNCLEBITTLES »

I would but I don't associate with werewolves and magic. :noway:
Wow
so doge
much voting
such election
wow.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Sounds fun. I'm in! \:D/
*insert provocative quote here*
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

Okay, current players:

Current players:
ric
bookworm
bella1986
IDANCE4JESUS
bella1986
Tallying up

Post by bella1986 »

cool!! this will be awesome!!!
</3~Forever Broken~ </3

If you could live forever, what would you live for?~ Twilight
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

I am so signing up \:D/
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

I want to get a dozen or so people playing. Keep signing up!

Current players:
ric
bookworm
bella1986
IDANCE4JESUS
StrongNChrist
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Sign me up. \:D/

Even though I haven't even read what I'm signing up for. \:D/
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

Current players:
ric
bookworm
bella1986
IDANCE4JESUS
StrongNChrist
Jelly
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

I'm playing!
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

Current players:
ric
bookworm
bella1986
IDANCE4JESUS
StrongNChrist
Jelly
Whitty Whit

Keep signing up!
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

AUGH! That would be so creepy... We are friends, Shad, but I dont think I want to join.

\:D/