Werewolf game... Day two!

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Werewolf game... Day two!

Post by Whitty Whit »

The structure of werewolf games.

Overview of Game Play

The players are divided into two groups: Werewolves and Humans. Each round consists of a day and a night. During the day, everyone discovers who was eaten during the previous night and discusses who they think is a Werewolf. At dusk, a vote is taken and one player is shot with a silver bullet (the only way to kill a werewolf). During the night, the Werewolves pick one Human to eat. This player is out of the game and the round is over. The game continues until all the Werewolves have been eliminated, or until there are an equal number of Werewolves and Humans, at which point the Werewolves eat everyone.

Identities are distributed randomly at the start of the game. There will be roughly 4 Humans for every 1 Werewolf.

During the night, everyone is asleep, so nobody is allowed to post messages to the game.

Werewolves

The Werewolves know who the other Werewolves are, but their identity is a secret from the Humans. If you are a Werewolf, you don't want the Humans to find out.

During the day, a Werewolf should act like a human. At the same time, they should try to protect themselves and the other Werewolves from being shot with the silver bullet. A Werewolf will vote, along with the Humans, to select someone to be shot with a silver bullet.

During the night, each Werewolf transforms into their animal form. A secret vote is taken and the Human with the most votes is eaten.

Humans

The Humans do not know the identity of anyone else in the game. Through discussion, it is the Humans goal to identify the Werewolves and eliminate them.

During the day, everyone discusses who they think is a werewolf. A vote is taken and one player (hopefully a Werewolf) is shot with a silver bullet.

During the night, the Humans sleep. When everyone wakes up, one Human will have been eaten.

Seer

One of the Humans is a powerful Seer who can divine the identity of one player per day. During the day the Seer may select one player to magically identify. If the Seer survives the night, they will be given the identity of that player during the next morning.

The Seer votes along with everyone else. If the Seer is eaten, they are out of the game and their divining abilities are no longer available.

Voting

During the day portion of each round, everyone votes for a Werewolf to shoot with a silver bullet. All voting is done in public, so everyone knows who everyone else voted for. You may change your vote at any time before the voting ends. The voting will end instantly as soon as any player has a majority of the votes. If no majority is reached by the voting deadline, the player with the most votes will be chosen.

During the night portion of each round, the Werewolves vote to eat one person. This voting is done secretly. The werewolves are not allowed to talk to each other and they will not know who the other werewolves voted for. Each werewolf will pick the top 3 people that they want to eat. Once all the votes are in, or the deadline has been reached, the votes will be tallied and one Human will be eaten.

Because of the "online now" list at the bottom of the website, the end of the night round will be delayed by several hours to prevent players from figuring out who the Werewolves are based on who is online when the round ends.

In the event of a tied vote, someone will be chosen at random.

Winning

Werewolves Win: This happens when the number of Werewolves is equal to or more than the number of Humans.

Humans Win: This happens when the last Werewolf has been eliminated.
Taken from Shadowfax's game! \:D/

$00 prize to the winners! \:D/ Unless people donate!
Last edited by Whitty Whit on Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:00 pm, edited 5 times in total.
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

Sign me up \:D/
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

I'm in! \:D/
*insert provocative quote here*
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Players wrote: SnC
IDANCE
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Mark Prescott
Still standing tall

Post by Mark Prescott »

I'll play!!!!
~Mark Prescott~
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

I will play as well
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Players wrote: SnC
IDANCE
Mark Prescott
MontyWhittakerIII
UPDATE:

2 things guys. One, IDANCE has graciously given $25 to the winning fund! \:D/ Thanks IDANCE! *camera pans to IDANCE for a little bit, then goes back to Jeremy* Okay. Second thing is in the rules. I have added something to the rules.

Excerpt:
Werewolves

The Werewolves know who the other Werewolves are, but their identity is a secret from the Humans. If you are a Werewolf, you don't want the Humans to find out.

During the day, a Werewolf should act like a human. At the same time, they should try to protect themselves and the other Werewolves from being shot with the silver bullet. A Werewolf will vote, along with the Humans, to select someone to be shot with a silver bullet.

During the night, each Werewolf transforms into their animal form. A secret vote is taken and the Human with the most votes is eaten.

Humans

The Humans do not know the identity of anyone else in the game. Through discussion, it is the Humans goal to identify the Werewolves and eliminate them.

During the day, everyone discusses who they think is a werewolf. A vote is taken and one player (hopefully a Werewolf) is shot with a silver bullet.

During the night, the Humans sleep. When everyone wakes up, one Human will have been eaten.

Seer

One of the Humans is a powerful Seer who can divine the identity of one player per day. During the day the Seer may select one player to magically identify. If the Seer survives the night, they will be given the identity of that player during the next morning.

The Seer votes along with everyone else. If the Seer is eaten, they are out of the game and their divining abilities are no longer available.

EDIT:
Mayor
One of the humans, if there are enough players, is the mayor of the town. He is a very influential bigwig in the human culture. His vote counts for 2 votes. His identity shouldn't be revealed. If a certain participant has 2 votes less than the majority, and if the mayor hasn't voted for that certain person already, the mayor can swing his vote and give that person the majority, thus, executing the player.
Once you guys have read the rules and understand them, make sure you guys still want to play the original way, or my version. And yes I came up with the idea. If something doesn't make sense, or there is a scenario I haven't covered yet, please inform me. \:D/

EDIT: While I was working on this post, a donation has been given!

He was waiting on the curb of that dark street. A lone lamp gave off a little light, semi-illuminating the stolid building. A gloved hand slips a package and note under the office door of Whittys Inc. The secretary looks up and sees the note. Picking it up, she reads "For CEO Whitty Whit". Studying the package cautiously, she takes it to Whitty Whit and hands it to him. He slowly opens the package, awaiting to see what laid within. He gasps and see 50 dollars more. Then he unfolds the note. Scanning it quickly, he notices this scrawling on the bottom: "Mark Prescott; Werewolf prizes...."

\:D/ Thanks Mark! \:D/
Last edited by Whitty Whit on Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#FOREVERKITTY
Mark Prescott
Still standing tall

Post by Mark Prescott »

Mark Prescott donated $50!
~Mark Prescott~
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Yeah sorry Mark! I was working on editing my post to incorporate your donation to a story line! \:D/ This post was after I had fixed my other one. ;)

EDIT: ANOTHER donation has been given! \:D/

Whitty Whit himself walked out the door that night, glad to be out of there before any more donations could come to his office, making him stay later, counting the money. But, before he could think anything else, a man came strolling around the corner. Noticing Whitty, the man quickly put his hand in his pocket, and came closer... "Turn around!", the figure said harshly. Whitty turned around as fast as he could. Hearing a clatter on the ground, and then running footsteps, he decided to chance it and look back. NOTHING! Then he looked on the ground. A strange white package contrasted deeply with the dark sidewalk. Picking the package up, he read this: "MontyWhittakerIII; Werewolf prize!"
Last edited by Whitty Whit on Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
#FOREVERKITTY
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

*Donated 25.00*

Wow, I just realized almost everyone has donated a fairly sizable sum to this competition.
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

Um, the mayor rules is confusing....:-k
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

1. If the seer chooses to see who the mayor is, does he/she find out his identity as mayor?

2. If there is a tie (as is outlined above), who decides who is eliminated?

3. Are we allowed to talk about the game outside of this thread?
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

Not that much. He just gets to vote twice.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

montywhittakerIII wrote: 1. If the seer chooses to see who the mayor is, does he/she find out his identity as mayor?

2. If there is a tie (as is outlined above), who decides who is eliminated?

3. Are we allowed to talk about the game outside of this thread?
1. Yes. If the Seer wants to find out the identity of the Mayor, the Seer will be told that that player is the Mayor. \:D/

Example:
The majority needed is 5 votes
ric has 4
and Anne (TKD) has 4

I will give a player a number, either 1 or 2, and pm some random person who isn't in this game, to pick a number, 1 or 2. Let's say I give ric, 1, and Anne, 2. Then I'll pm Catspaw, and ask her to choose number 1 or 2, and she won't know who 1 is or who 2 is. If she says 1, then ric's out. If she says 2, Anne's out. Get it?
3. Yes, you may. \:D/
Moontide wrote:
Not that much. He just gets to vote twice.
Are you going to play, Moontide?
Last edited by Whitty Whit on Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.
#FOREVERKITTY
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Darn it, Whitty, I was gonna do this. :(

Ima play. \:D/
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

WW, I might point out that it's advised not to talk about the game outside the thread.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

StrongNChrist wrote:WW, I might point out that it's advised not to talk about the game outside the thread.
Right.

Sign me up. :)

I have a note and a question about the rules.

First, I wanted to mention this since it wasn’t explicitly stated, the Seer may not divulge their knowledge. It is for personal use only. (because through testing various scenarios Shadowfax and I determined that sharing the discovery would only lead to immediate elimination of themselves, and possibly a wolf)

And second, I like the Mayor idea, but won’t their identity be revealed once they use their ability? :-k
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

bookworm wrote:
StrongNChrist wrote:WW, I might point out that it's advised not to talk about the game outside the thread.
Right.

Sign me up. :)

I have a note and a question about the rules.

First, I wanted to mention this since it wasn’t explicitly stated, the Seer may not divulge their knowledge. It is for personal use only. (because through testing various scenarios Shadowfax and I determined that sharing the discovery would only lead to immediate elimination of themselves, and possibly a wolf)

And second, I like the Mayor idea, but won’t their identity be revealed once they use their ability? :-k
No, see, the Mayor votes for someone, and then if there no one has a majority, that Mayor can PM Moontide the person he wants to give his second vote. That way nobody knows who the mayor is, right Moontide?
Mark Prescott
Still standing tall

Post by Mark Prescott »

I bleieve that the mayor gets two votes for one person.
~Mark Prescott~
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Example:

ric is the mayor.

Moontide and Anne have already voted for monty.
ric wrote: I vote for Monty

So to everybody else, it looks like monty has 3 votes. But only ric (and myself and maybe the Seer) knows that he is the mayor. So only ric knows that monty has 4 votes.

All right. So you CAN'T talk about the game outside of the thread! :x

\:D/
#FOREVERKITTY