It's Time for...Random Trivia!

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Next question is a recent news question.

What is the name of the new Apple company CEO?
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Who got the last one right? :-

Tim Cook (researched).
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Both.

Next question is a cultural question.
According to German tradition, who delivers presents on Christmas day? Hint: there are actually 2 possible answers to this.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Ooh, dat's easy, St. Nicholas \:D/

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Ehem, A ChristKind. B Weihnachtsmann aka Christmas Man.

Researched.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

Kris Kringle?

Not researched.
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Knight Fisher is the only one correct here...sorry peeps, St. Nicholas comes on St. Nicholas Day, which is December 6th, I believe.

Next question is a finish this phrase question.
Complete this full rhyme: 30 days hath September...

Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

April, June, and November. All rest are 31 except February which has 28 days clear and 29 in each leap year. I used to have this rhyme memorized a long time ago, I had to reserch the part about the leap year so I must say, Reserched.

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

All the rest have 31, except February, which has 28 days, till leap year gives it 29.

That's another ending, not researched :-

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Perhaps Marvin, but by using ‘hath’ SoccerLOTR indicated she wanted the English version which is “April, June, and November. All the rest have 31, Save February, with 28 days clear, And 29 each leap year.”
Researched for exact wording.
(Graces4you almost had it, but with different words. SoccerLOTR can decide who gets it.)
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Graces4you was first, so she gets it.

Apologies for taking so long to get back with y'all about this and giving a new question...so without further adieu, the next question shall be a Dr. Who question...easy question for some, impossible for others...we'll see who gets it first!
What are the names of the current doctor's two traveling companions?

Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

MINEMINEMINEMINEMINE.

[/spazz]

Amy and Rory Williams, better known as Amy Pond and Rory Williams. And you can kind of count Melody Ponds/River Song.